Gf Mistaken For Bg

simon43

@ Simon43 : what hotels have "no thais allowed" shields ?

mostly guest houses, i've seen it at many places around thailand, i guess

to avoid the "she's my gf"-discussion of many backpackers... since few of us

are 60 yet and usually get all kinds of girls (including bg's) it's very hard for them to prove anything and prolly not as obvious as old, fat & ugly german/american/brit with 20y old isaarn girl :o

... and with many hot-headed isralis around to argue with i don't really blame them to be honest :D

By the way : more often than "no Thais allowed" you see the sign "500 Baht for extra person"... while the room costs 150 Baht or so :D

I have heard that many of the really ugly Khao Sarn guesthouses let you do basically anything... but since the room doesn't get cleaned on any other occasion than on Songkran festivals i rather not have a post-orgie room and stick to other etablissements :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different thing when I travelled with the daughter, school uniform or not.

One receptionist suggested the 'honeymoon suite', another thought we'd just had a row and tried to mediate when we asked for 2 seperate rooms.

Another proof if need be that they know nothing.

Prejudice is the reasoning of fools.

Did it make you angry or proud? :o

I found it irritating but more amusing, it made our daughter angry, even more so when I found it amusing.

My bargirl is often mistaken for my girlfriend. :o

Is this true I mean If you see a Farang and Thai together they are a customer to her Who thinks of this more Farangs or Thais?? What about a Farang woman and a Thai man?? That means he's a barboy??

Maybe it's just a dream to some I think Farangs :D

Well I havent had much problems with Thais mistaking my Gf for a Bg, I wish I could say the same about farangs! It pisses me right off to say the least. And have actually come to blows before. But for the people who have been here a while, can you not tell the difference? The way they dress ect. And not to mention how much quiter they are than those mouthy hookers! But I suppose its something you have to deal with, but it can be hard if you are hot headed...........

And not to mention how much quiter they are than those mouthy hookers!

This doesn't describe all bg

In the days when I used to use their services regularly, I always went for those that couldn't speak English at all. These were usually quiet and fairly shy.

Mind you they soon changed the longer they worked the bar

Well I havent had much problems with Thais mistaking my Gf for a Bg, I wish I could say the same about farangs! It pisses me right off to say the least. And have actually come to blows before. But for the people who have been here a while, can you not tell the difference? The way they dress ect. And not to mention how much quiter they are than those mouthy hookers! But I suppose its something you have to deal with, but it can be hard if you are hot headed...........

Where did you meet, oh worked in a 7/11

Why do they deserve respect????? for being a prostitute, where are your values man???

Why do they deserve respect????? for being a prostitute, where are your values man???

They are still people.. with feelings the same as everyone else, they should be respected the same as anyone else is, unless they prove themselves unworthy of that respect... ( what they choose to do for a living does not make them a bad person or unworthy of respect )

totster :o

Forgot to add that for the Phuket hotel (5 star) which refused to let us back into the hotel grounds together:

1 - We had both signed in at hotel reception together

2 - We were 'gold-card' holders of this hotel (stayed there many times...)

Anyway, it annoyed my GF far more than me. I spoke to the hotel manager afterwards (a German), who apologised and said it was hotel policy not to allow BGs into the hotel grounds/rooms. Apparently when a farang/ThaI couple check in, the reception desk discretely advises all security cards of this fact so as to avoid embarrassment. Unfortunately, they forgot to do this with us :o

Totally agree toster, treat as you expect to be treated!

What would you do for 500 baht then.

Where did you meet ??? 7/11 or on a stroll through the paddy fields in Isaan???

:D:D:D

Halo....

I wish you would have used quote boxes.... it's taken me ages to work out what you were trying to say.... :D:wub:

totster :o

(QUOTE)The majority of farangs are with BG's or Ex BG's are'nt they??? Even the ones that live here and should know better.(QUOTE)

I cant speak for everyone but i for one dont have a BG/EX BG as a girlfriend and many of my farang mates who live here are the same. I suppose there is alot. But the majority?