Call From Usa To Thailand

space cowboy

OK....I am a non techie AND lazy (perhaps this is somewhere on this board already) BUT I do find these things change often so looking for a current update:

Want to give my family ONE number to call me in Bangkok or elsewhere in Thailand and I PAY FOR THE CALL> I see many call back such options and I also have used prepaid cardes that I send to them.

My kids are too lazy to call 800 number, then code, then number etc..... And parents too elderly to follow the lengthy instructions!

ONE 800 or 866 or whatever number I give to them so they can call me DIRECT and I PAY via a credit card on file or some other way.

NO VOIP or computer options. Need calls to originate from either a landline or cell/mobile in US direct to my Thai mobile.

Help me out guys and gals. Thanks.......

OK....I am a non techie AND lazy (perhaps this is somewhere on this board already) BUT I do find these things change often so looking for a current update:

Want to give my family ONE number to call me in Bangkok or elsewhere in Thailand and I PAY FOR THE CALL> I see many call back such options and I also have used prepaid cardes that I send to them.

My kids are too lazy to call 800 number, then code, then number etc..... And parents too elderly to follow the lengthy instructions!

ONE 800 or 866 or whatever number I give to them so they can call me DIRECT and I PAY via a credit card on file or some other way.

NO VOIP or computer options. Need calls to originate from either a landline or cell/mobile in US direct to my Thai mobile.

The info below was sent to me by [email protected].. Not sure if this will help?

The Onesimcard, will do everything you need. You can be in any country and receive and make calls. How ever the number that you will get is an Estonian mobile number (372 5). You have the option of getting a US toll free number, which you will be able to forward to your international cell phone, and you can forward your existing phone line (office and mobile) to the 800 number. Please call 800 640 2599 ext 106 for more details and answers thank you. [email protected]

Look like what u need is a US phone number that can be called from any phone and that is forwarded to your Thai number.

Skype has this ... but I heard that these guys could have it as well .. www.deecall.com

Good luck

I believe Yahoo Messenger also has the same type of service, and I think it is quite a bit cheaper, but the list of cities where it is available is rather small (or at least it was the last time I checked). I used to use Skype but ever since EBay bought it the costs have gone up and the quality has gone down.

I don't really understand why the OP is so opposed to VoiP. I use Yahoo Messenger and find the call quality is usually very good, and at 1 cent/min to most of the world, the price is hard to beat.

Edited by pattyboy