Chevrolet Aveo

MISTERBONK

The Chevrolet Aveo was recently on display in a large supermarket, with a notice advertising "Interest Free Credit" The very pushy sales girl assured me that there was 4 years free interest, which interested me. She pressed for my telephone number so she could follow up, and I gave her an incorrect one to keep her quiet.

Later I visited the nearby Chevrolet showroom where I was initially told that interest free was limited to 2 years, then 5 minutes later this was reduced to just 1 year. My subsequent enquiries as to how long would I need to wait for a new car met with shrugged shoulders, and "maybe 3 months - maybe more".. My enquiry as to whether they produced a blue Aveo met with a negative response, yet I was able to show them a brochure clearly showing a blue one!

I took the matter up with Chevrolet direct by e-mail, and they were just as useless. They were unable to confirm the length of the interest free credit, merely telling me that it would depend on my credit worthiness and that I should fill in an application for a loan at my local branch. What a load of rubbish! I am very familiar with the workings of finance houses, and the Chevrolet finance house is GM finance (an in- house company) A customer must of course satisfy the finance house that he is credit worthy, but the interest free promotion is an arrangement between the manufacturer and finance house and has nothing to do with credit worthiness.

Forget Chevrolet and stick to Honda and Toyota. They know what they are doing in my experience

The Chevrolet Aveo was recently on display in a large supermarket, with a notice advertising "Interest Free Credit" The very pushy sales girl assured me that there was 4 years free interest, which interested me. She pressed for my telephone number so she could follow up, and I gave her an incorrect one to keep her quiet.

Later I visited the nearby Chevrolet showroom where I was initially told that interest free was limited to 2 years, then 5 minutes later this was reduced to just 1 year. My subsequent enquiries as to how long would I need to wait for a new car met with shrugged shoulders, and "maybe 3 months - maybe more".. My enquiry as to whether they produced a blue Aveo met with a negative response, yet I was able to show them a brochure clearly showing a blue one!

I took the matter up with Chevrolet direct by e-mail, and they were just as useless. They were unable to confirm the length of the interest free credit, merely telling me that it would depend on my credit worthiness and that I should fill in an application for a loan at my local branch. What a load of rubbish! I am very familiar with the workings of finance houses, and the Chevrolet finance house is GM finance (an in- house company) A customer must of course satisfy the finance house that he is credit worthy, but the interest free promotion is an arrangement between the manufacturer and finance house and has nothing to do with credit worthiness.

Forget Chevrolet and stick to Honda and Toyota. They know what they are doing in my experience

Yer right, anything american here is just a waste of time unless you like wasting money. As you say stick to Toyota or Honda.

Sorry but that's the way it is.

Regards

american here is just a waste of time unless you like wasting money

Actually, they are not american. The cars are manufactured by Daewoo in Korea and simply badged as Chevrolet. Similarly, their Colorado trucks are built by Isuzu and cosmetically changed / rebranded.

It isn't really fair to slam all of the "American" cars here. The trucks are great. I know lots of satisfied owners. The Ford products are made in Cooperation with Mazda, and are also quite good.

But unfortunately Daewoo is probably the worst of the already sad Korean carmakers whose ranks include Hyundai and Daihatsu, so I'd agree to look at the japanese brands unless you budget won't allow it.

For safety reasons I would never buy a Chevrolet Aveo !

Have a look at the results from the Euro NCAP test:

Chevrolet Aveo

And another Chevrolet ( I don´t know if they sell it in Thailand)

Chevrolet Kalos

When I bought the Ford Focus, the Euro NCAP test did mean something to me in the selection of which car to buy, you can see the results for the Focus and compare to the Chevrolets:

Ford Focus

And, - Ford don´t pay me for promoting their cars :D (but maybe they should consider employing me :o )

North

... sad Korean carmakers whose ranks include Hyundai and Daihatsu, so I'd agree to look at the japanese brands unless you budget won't allow it.

Daihatsu is Korean?? that will be news to them :o

Yup, Daihatsu is Japanese, possibly confused with Daewoo which is indeed Korean and typically crappy.

Yer right, anything american here is just a waste of time unless you like wasting money. As you say stick to Toyota or Honda.

Sorry but that's the way it is.

Regards

Chevrolet in thailand is overseen by isuzu :o however its a thai company so expect no honest /knowledgable answers :D