Good And Money-worth Hotels Or Bungalows In Hua Hin

Irene

I have overseas visitors coming to Thailand. We are hoping of visiting Hua Hin for a few days. Sofitel seems to be well booked for February. We are hoping of picking the one similar to Sofitel next to the beach. We would appreciate some recommendations.

Hi Irene,

The Hilton in HH is top class and well located (beach + close to city centre) if you can afford it.

I would rate Hyatt and Marriott much lower, especially the marriott is old and not so close to city.

If you ook for good value for money, but a little out of the city (north) look at

http://www.imperialhuahin.com/beach/beach.htm

This is a gorgeous place (try a sea king room or Junior suite)

Have nice holiday

try city beach,book through asiarooms.com.....http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/hua_hin/city_beach_resort.html

Neil.

I just wonder if you have any interest in this place as you keep plugging it? And then others, including me, come here and say its a dump!

But considering that in this case the OP is looking for something akin the Sofitel and on the beach, the City Beach, despite it's name, fails on both counts!

Edited by Ollie

City Beech is clean well located and inexpensive i would recommend it

As comparable to the Sofitel? Come on, get real!

I think the hotel must have done a deal with Sawadee to stop the printing of (mainly) bad reviews, as nothing has been posted since 2006. I've just checked two other forums - the local one for the area and one UK based - with one exception, reviews of the City Beach by members are universally poor.

The Sofitel is an excellent hotel, with nice facilities, located in the centre of town, yet with very extensive and beautiful gardens and a relaxing ambience.

IMHO the Hilton is a notch below. While it has the same central beach-front location, it lacks the extensive gardens, and the atmosphere.

The other hotels mentioned above, the Hyatt and the Marriott, are about 3km and 1km south of the town centre respectively, requiring a short but not inconvenient shuttle bus or tuk-tuk ride. They have nice beach-front grounds and other facilities, but are not quite up to the Sofitel standards; and the Marriott facility is showing its age.

The only other hotel that has facilities and gardens and atmosphere comparable to the Sofitel, again IMHO, is the Dusit Resort. This is about 8-10km north of the town centre, but runs a regular shuttle bus for its guests. They also offer direct Bangkok airport pickup, if that is useful.

I have stayed at all of the hotels mentioned above, and have no connection with any of them.

If you really want to stay in the town centre, there are a number of smaller hotels that are well-rated (but they have limited facilities and are not on the beach, notwithstanding their names).

If you have no limits on your budget, stay at the Chiva-Som.

try city beach,book through asiarooms.com.....http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/hua_hin/city_beach_resort.html

Neil.

I just wonder if you have any interest in this place as you keep plugging it? And then others, including me, come here and say its a dump!

But considering that in this case the OP is looking for something akin the Sofitel and on the beach, the City Beach, despite it's name, fails on both counts!

I have to agree with 'Neil', as everybody that I have ever run into that has stayed at the 'City Beach Hotel' has said hat it was very poor and noisy.

If you don' mind being south of HH try the 'Anantasila by the sea'. My wife and I eat there regularly and it has some beautiful rooms and great ambience, low noise and right on the sea shore. They also run a shuttle bus.

I have NO connection with this hotel, we just live 5 minutes away from it.

Folks,

Thank you for all the input. Now I have a few nice alternatives in staying in Hua Hin. It has been most useful. This time, I have decided for Hyatt, just to impress on our visitors. I would have preferred Sofitel but unfortunately they are all booked up up to March.