Yucky Flashing Colored Ad.

Daffy D

Daffy D, I have the same problem with a yucky animated avatar and have learnt that by pressing the Escape key the flashing stops.

I am sure that other viewers feel the same about that flashing ad you mention, will not click on it, and before long the advertiser will realise that he gets unsatisfactory results from the ad and will discontinue it. In the meantime, bask in the knowledge that he is wasting his money.

--

Maestro

Daffy D, I have the same problem with a yucky animated avatar and have learnt that by pressing the Escape key the flashing stops.

I am sure that other viewers feel the same about that flashing ad you mention, will not click on it, and before long the advertiser will realise that he gets unsatisfactory results from the ad and will discontinue it. In the meantime, bask in the knowledge that he is wasting his money.

--

Maestro

Thanks "Maestro" for the tip about the escape key.

I can understand any business wanting to advertise but this particular ad is so out of context with the general sober respectable appearance of TV and really more suited to some of those other sites that I have heard of but - erm! Never visit.

Guess I’ll just live with it. :o

Daffy.

:D

--

Maestro

Thanks "Maestro" for the tip about the escape key.

I can understand any business wanting to advertise but this particular ad is so out of context with the general sober respectable appearance of TV and really more suited to some of those other sites that I have heard of but - erm! Never visit.

Guess I’ll just live with it. :o

Daffy.

:D

It is a google ad, not a forum sponsor AFAIK.

And somtamnification, you do realize that george keeps Thaivisa going through sponsorship and banner ads? Since you don't pay anything to use it, and george still has to pay the servers to keep this site up and running do you really think its in TV's best interest to block their sponsors and to then tell everyone else how to do it as well?

“SBK” wrote

It is a google ad, not a forum sponsor AFAIK. - What does that mean?

And somtamnification, you do realize that george keeps Thaivisa going through sponsorship and banner ads? Since you don't pay anything to use it, and george still has to pay the servers to keep this site up and running do you really think its in TV's best interest to block their sponsors and to then tell everyone else how to do it as well?

As I indicated in a previous post I do have some understanding of the concept of advertising and also sponsorship. Everyone connected with this forum does a wonderful job (especially George) and I would guess that is why we, the non paying customers, loyally support it with our patronage.

I think if you read back through the posts you will note that nobody mentioned anything about blocking any sponsors. I just made an observation about the yucky flashing colors and even though I do not pay for the privilege of using this forum the sponsors do target me so I felt, maybe wrongly, that a personal observation would be acceptable. :o

Daffy. :D

I dont see any advertisments on here, or indeed other sites. My personal choice, as I dont want to waste the bandwidth, and I would not click on them anyway. Easily done in your web browser.

sbk is quite right, without the profit generated from these adverts, and the spin off enterprises, this forum would not exist. It is an online business for the site owners.

But posting how to avoid seeing this advertising, if this is your personal choice, is not going to be acceptable is it? Think about it....