Ubc Does It Again

mouse

I had satellite in Port Douglas, tropical North Queensland and, believe me, if you think Bangkok is bad you'd go spare back there.

When it rained we'd lose all channels for 1-2 hours a time. In the rainy season maybe 3-4 times a week. I knew of people who cancelled their subscription simply because of the drop-outs.

ibc is great. if i bought my tv with receiver for ibc, i got full service too. 1 year ago the remote control was demaged by the children. i had to buy it at the ais-office, because they dont allowe to sell ibc connected things in other shops. my choice was to order 12 remote controls (out of stock) or to pay for 1 piece 1800 baht. the normal price is about 300 baht. they offered me too to rent a new tv, receiver and satellite connection - and than i would get a new remote control! service a la thailand! funny, isnt it?

What about that 7 and 10 foot dishes for Agila K/U (Philippines) and Measat (Malaysia). The offer it in many public places already. 18500 Baht for the 7 foot dish. Philippine Sat. bring more than 50 channels. All movie channels included, Sports, News etc.

Is it actually legal ?

There is no monthly fee.

Hi you all seem to have a great deal of experience on the satellite/cable topic. It seems to me a LARGE dish, like a 6, 8, 10, 12 should be able to get the edge of the footprint from the Aus satellities - or if your licky from the Direct TV or Dish satellites? :D

About four years ago I remember seeing lots of Dish network dss BEFORE ubc was mandated by the current establishment. :o

Anyone have any experience with trying to get other satellite signals from distant birds? :D

Actually the only reason I don't move to Thailand now is I can't get the Sci-Fi channel!!! Seriously. :D

Can anyone help me out? :D

Regards,

Richard Gozinya

Question for all: What to stop me from getting one of those big black moveable dishes (maybe chip in with a neighbour) and point the bloody thing where we want?

Nothing, that's how I get Astro.

Really? So are you getting Sky News and Sky Sports from Europe too? And some of the old British 'Gold' programmes?

• 2 weeks later...
UBC subscribers demand refund

BANGKOK: -- Scores of frustrated satellite-TV customers of United Broadcasting Corp Plc (UBC) have called for a refund after programmes were blacked out for hours on Sunday and Monday following a glitch on the Thaicom 3 satellite. ....

DSCN5328a.jpg

Apology accepted, but why did it take you two weeks? :o

The motorized dishes can only go form horizon to horizon,and they also needs expensive parts to be able to read the satelites signal,Over here in the Uk it was fine as i could get lots of satelites from Scandanavia to North Africa,and as far down as Turkey,

But over in Los i don't think there are too many decent farang channels around,If you could get the satelites in the area.

UBC subscribers demand refund

BANGKOK: -- Scores of frustrated satellite-TV customers of United Broadcasting Corp Plc (UBC) have called for a refund after programmes were blacked out for hours on Sunday and Monday following a glitch on the Thaicom 3 satellite. ....

Apology accepted, but why did it take you two weeks? :o

No mention of a refund????!!!

Another year passes and still loss of service placed upon the customers. it's sad that even last year I complained to head shed UBC bangkok, who got an underling to call us back. She was very impolite and non reasoning to our request of a better service for the monthly cost, loss of move channel etc. It came to the point that I and the wife were infuriated with her tone and response to paying customers, Jumped into the car, straight into town and did an instant cancel of UBC and awaited the months return of deposit for assurance of departure from that company. A few days later a call from someone asking why the service was to be shut down. "my turn now" ...If this company cannot substain its customers with a fair and regular service and without rude, impolite call service attendants, others should do the same and seek out suitable dish service's with a smile....Glad to be rid of em.

What goes up must come down ..be it a satelite or cost of service.