Mosquito Repellents...

Harry Palmer

When I travelled through LOS last year I had a terrible time time mosquitos myself.

I hated using the chemical repellents. I few people told me about Avon's skin so soft...bath oil. The smell (which is pleasant to humans) repells mosquitos. It's not a chemical and leaves your skin soft.

I brought a few bottles of it with me to thailand and it works great.

Otherwise dit works.

When I travelled through LOS last year I had a terrible time time mosquitos myself.

I hated using the chemical repellents. I few people told me about Avon's skin so soft...bath oil. The smell (which is pleasant to humans) repells mosquitos. It's not a chemical and leaves your skin soft.

Otherwise dit works.

'Avon's skin so soft...bath oil'... what sort of a bloke are you!

i'd rather suffer the mozzie bites than have a group of sex hungry pre-op katoeys chasing me wanting a sniff... :o

not a bloke...up to you use the chemical repellents if you dont' mind the side effects.

I've lent my "skin so soft" to many men.

Take advice from a female if you want to be appealing to females.

It's better to smell like you've taken a bath than of BO or insect repellent.

Used to go fishing a lot back in Canada, James Bay up north was the worst place I've ever seen for mosquitos, you could actually hear the swarms around you, a constant hum. Skin-So-Soft did work impressively well although it was not meant to repel mosquitos. Seemed to keep the bears at a distance as well, hehe. The smell is ok, not too feminine, besides, Thais will enjoy sniffing you as they like to do so much. :o

We've best experiences with Tiger Balm.Through the essential ingredients havent any doubts about health Probs and skin irritations.To have every day any chemical stuff on the skin isn't probably the best solution against the Bugs.

Works also good to dispose the ichiness after a bite.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I hated using the chemical repellents.  I few people told me about Avon's skin so soft...bath oil.  The smell (which is pleasant to humans) repells mosquitos.  It's not a chemical and leaves your skin soft.

Otherwise dit works.

What makes you think that the bath oil isn't a chemical? C10H22O7.C8H4O3.C5H12O4 (can't do subscript)

• 2 months later...
last time i was in the LoS my only sufference was caused by the love of my flesh from the mosquitoes!

i will be in the LoS again shortly and wondered if anyone knows of any repellent for the body and for the rooms which actually work!

first time i was in los applied the mossie repellent i bought in uk ...just did not work so ventured to boots to buy a new one found boots own brand repellent gel in silver bottle that night while everyone around was smacking themselves silly to get rid of the mossies i sat completly content....i have used it ever since ...good luck

I remember reading somewhere if you take a certain vitamin it'll

ward them off somehow.

I think its vitamin B12 ????  Anybody?

B12 is what I was told. I'm taking a high-dose 1,000mg tablet daily (100,000% ! :o of "RDA" - UK Recommended Daily Allowance) and have no trouble with mossies. It's supposed to be good for producing new red blood cells; kind of ironic, really - they don't know what they're missing :D

But, based on what I've read in various places, the effectiveness of anything you take seems to vary from person to person.

Mozzie's are definately attracted to O Positive blood type.... more so than any other. So, if you fall into this category, as I do, you will almost always be relentlessly pursued by these vermin. I've tried just about everything on the market. If you can get it, RID tropical strenght is without doubt the best. If it can keep Australian bush mosquitoes away, it will work anywhere. Im not sure if you can purchase it in thailand but it really is worth looking for......

PS. have you seen bush mosquitoes before? twice as big and sound like blowflies buzzing around :o

Mozzie's are definately attracted to O Positive blood type.... more so than any other. So, if you fall into this category, as I do, you will almost always be relentlessly pursued by these vermin. I've tried just about everything on the market. If you can get it, RID tropical strenght is without doubt the best. If it can keep Australian bush mosquitoes away, it will work anywhere. Im not sure if you can purchase it in thailand but it really is worth looking for......

PS. have you seen bush mosquitoes before? twice as big and sound like blowflies buzzing around :o

..yeh mite, and thay eat roo steak and froied iggs fer brekkie! :D

:D Jist poollin' ya lig, eh. Shee'll be roigh'.

Let me guess, Pom right? :D

PS. have you seen bush mosquitoes before? twice as big and sound like blowflies buzzing around :D

Let me guess, Pom right? :D

Nope...

[Melody: The Bangles, Just Another Manic Monday]

:o Just another bloody Scando... :D Skål!

A friend on the Gold Coast swears by a bottle of red a day ,reckons midgies and mozzies wont approach him.

Another friend(non-drinker )from Nth Queensland mixes a brew of 90% baby oil,10%Dettol and a few drops of eucalyptus oil,rubbed on exposed skin, he says it works fine.

[A friend on the Gold Coast swears by a bottle of red a day ,reckons midgies and mozzies wont approach him.

Another friend(non-drinker )from Nth Queensland mixes a brew of 90% baby oil,10%Dettol and a few drops of eucalyptus oil,rubbed on exposed skin, he says it works fine.

It works for me too but I smell like a hospital waiting room !

with that smell I would not walk near a gay bar :o

for at home, a strong aircon helps, lower than real 22 Degree Celcius the Thai mossis does not have enough power in their wings to lift up.

Id does not work for european ones, the can still attack at 17 degree.

So if you don't have a Thai GF you can lower the temperatur to 20 degree which shouldn't be OK for any european and you are free of moskitos (and your beer does not get warm that fast)

I hated using the chemical repellents.  I few people told me about Avon's skin so soft...bath oil.  The smell (which is pleasant to humans) repells mosquitos.  It's not a chemical and leaves your skin soft.

Otherwise dit works.

'Avon's skin so soft...bath oil'... what sort of a bloke are you!

i'd rather suffer the mozzie bites than have a group of sex hungry pre-op katoeys chasing me wanting a sniff... :D

last time i was in the LoS my only sufference was caused by the love of my flesh from the mosquitoes!

i will be in the LoS again shortly and wondered if anyone knows of any repellent for the body and for the rooms which actually work!

first time i was in los applied the mossie repellent i bought in uk ...just did not work so ventured to boots to buy a new one found boots own brand repellent gel in silver bottle that night while everyone around was smacking themselves silly to get rid of the mossies i sat completly content....i have used it ever since ...good luck

This topic is a blast from the past ... revived :o

what also helps is to eat a lot, really a lot garlic. If you make that every day you get rid of mossies....

As well you get rid of your friends :o

i think you need 5-10 pcs of garlic per day to let it work (for farang mossis, not sure if thai mossis are more or less resistance to garlic)??