Non Imm 'o' Advice

I was going to apply for a 60 day tourist but I got advised by people on this board to try for the non imm O - which proved to be great advice. I have just got the Non-Imm 'O' visa.

I have a few questions about it.

The visa says as follows:-

"...seen at the Royal Thai consulate on 9 Sept, 2004. Good for Multi journeys to Thailand. This visa must be utilised before 9 September 2005 if passport remains valid."

I am arriving in Thailand at the beginning of November; does the 12 months validity start from when I arrive or from the date shown on the visa?

Is money in the bank something I need to worry about ie. 400,000 Bht ??

"Multiple Visa - Multi Entries"

I take it this means I can make unlimited entries. I have read about re-entry permits - Do I need to get these? before I leave Thailand?

I have to leave the country every 3 months? And therefore I don't have to register my address?

"Non-Immigrant Visa classification 'O'. Extension of Stay not permitted."

Is this usual??

Anything else I need to know - when I go thru immigration at BKK, any other hoops to jump through??

Thanks in advance...this board is a very valuable resource

You can enter Thailand anytime between 9 Sep 2004 (start of validity) and 9 Sep 2005 and each entry you will be stamped for 90 days stay. If your last entry is 8 Sep 2005 you could stay 90 more days.

You do not need a re-entry permit as you will never stay more than 90 days.

You do not have to do address reports for the same reason.

You can not extend your 90 day stay inside Thailand (except for emergency) and must depart every 90 days or less.

The extension of stay stamp is standard but not applicable if you intend to extend on a yearly basis (such as support of Thai wife).

Not applicable in your case...........400k rule only applies for those with Thai dependents.

Not yet applicable - he already has the GF so it may figure in the future. :o

Not applicable in your case...........400k rule only applies for those with Thai dependents.

Not yet applicable - he already has the GF so it may figure in the future. :o

Aye i noticed in his previous posts, i forgot to add that on in my post..................sporting dog , fiancees dont count as dependents.

The extension of stay stamp is standard but not applicable if you intend to extend  on a yearly basis (such as support of Thai wife).

I'm going to apply for a Non-Imm O based on Thai Wife/Child support at the Thai NYC Consulate within a few weeks - we're moving to LoS Dec 2004/Jan 2005. I just wanted a clarification on a couple of things.

I'll apply for the multiple reentry 1 year visa and will have to extend at 90 days either on the basis of 400k in the bank or have a work permit and job paying 40k min per month. When I go to extend, will immigration ignore the above mentioned standard extension of stay stamp ? Will the one year extension expire one year from the day I actually enter Thailand, or one year from the day the Visa was granted?

Finally, Will I need to get a reentry permit if travelling back to the states during the initial 90 days, and the same question during the extendsion(appx 9 month) period ?

Thanks. :o

The extension of stay stamp is standard but not applicable if you intend to extend  on a yearly basis (such as support of Thai wife).

I'm going to apply for a Non-Imm O based on Thai Wife/Child support at the Thai NYC Consulate within a few weeks - we're moving to LoS Dec 2004/Jan 2005. I just wanted a clarification on a couple of things.

I'll apply for the multiple reentry 1 year visa and will have to extend at 90 days either on the basis of 400k in the bank or have a work permit and job paying 40k min per month. When I go to extend, will immigration ignore the above mentioned standard extension of stay stamp ? Will the one year extension expire one year from the day I actually enter Thailand, or one year from the day the Visa was granted?

Finally, Will I need to get a reentry permit if travelling back to the states during the initial 90 days, and the same question during the extendsion(appx 9 month) period ?

Thanks. :o

If you plan to extend your visa in the first 90 days there is no reason to pay more for the multi entry one year type. All you need is a single entry O visa.

As said the extension stamp has no effect on an in country year extension of stay on basis of employment or support. Yes it will be ignored.

One year will be until the day before your entry into Thailand, one year later. Visa issue date has no meaning.

If you have a single entry you will need re entry stamp in first 90 days.

If you have multi entry you will not but you will also not be able to apply for extension of stay until you are within 30 days of completing a 90 day stay.

Once extension applied for or given you will require a re entry permit for any travel outside Thailand. The re entry permit will have the same ending date as your extension of stay, be it 45 days or a full year; so a new one will be required after 'under consideration' is changed to 'extension of stay permitted'.

Thanks - as per usual your info is to the point and quite useful.

:o

You got this stuff down cold.

Phormio

A small piece of advice.

Go to the Immigration Dept at Suan Plu at some stage before you go out of the country and make sure you get a re-entry visa.

I forgot to get one before I went to the UK and blew my Thai wife visa out of the window.

Had to start all over again.

Ask the staff there if you need one just to be on the safe side.