Non-immigrant Visa B (multiple) Expiry Question

Hi, would like to ask a question and get some advice with regard to my Non-Immigrant Visa B (multiple) which was obtained in Australia and expires 22 March 2008. The last stamp obtained from immigration expires 20 March 2008.

I intend not to return to Australia to obtain another. I have just turned 50 years. Is it possible with this visa to leave Thailand (Laos) and return about 19th March 2008 and gain a short extension. Or should I apply for a tourist visa before returning? Have been reading a lot of helpful advice about the retirement visa, on this website, over the last 12 months but at this stage still havent decided.

Thanks in advance

Hi, would like to ask a question and get some advice with regard to my Non-Immigrant Visa B (multiple) which was obtained in Australia and expires 22 March 2008. The last stamp obtained from immigration expires 20 March 2008.

I intend not to return to Australia to obtain another. I have just turned 50 years. Is it possible with this visa to leave Thailand (Laos) and return about 19th March 2008 and gain a short extension. Or should I apply for a tourist visa before returning? Have been reading a lot of helpful advice about the retirement visa, on this website, over the last 12 months but at this stage still havent decided.

Thanks in advance

If you do a border run before your visa expires, you will be given another 90 days.

Thanks in advance

If you do a border run before your visa expires, you will be given another 90 days.

since you mentioned turning 50, I assume you are looking into an extension of stay based on retirement? If so, you should be able to change your visa at immigration to an o visa and apply for your extension of stay based on retirement as long as you can meet the financial requirements and don't plan to work.

Kaz49, I would like to add that you do not have to change your non-B visa to a non-O visa. Both are non-immigrant visas and therefore you can, after having entered Thailand on you non-B visa, apply for an extesnison of stay for the reason of retirement as soon as your 800k will have been in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months. Alternatively, you can apply based on average monthly income of 65k and in this case do not have to wait 3 months.

--

Maestro

According to a current report from Phuket they will not extend/convert a non immigrant B visa entry to a retirement extension of stay. So if that is your intent I would check personally with the immigration office you intend to use.