New Uk Immigration Fees Announced

My Thai wife has a settlement visa in her Thai passport.

When her passport ran out she got a new one, and kept the old one with the settlement visa in it.

I asked UK immigration the cost of putting the settlement stamp into the new passport. At the time from memory it was 250 pounds, for transfering one stamp.

But I found out that you do not have to do this, as long as she carries both passports. Then when leaving Thailand she can show the check in staff she has a valid visa to UK.

And when going through Heathrow ( or any other UK airport) she shows both passports. The current one gets stamped with the admittance and departure stamps, and the old one is used to show the settlement visa giving right of entry.

Anyone in a similar situation can do the same and save 250 pounds from going to grabbing Gordon and his shiesters.

Aye. A settlement visa now £515.00.

Mind you, it's only fair. How else are we going to afford to pay MP's wages and keep their wives, children, grannies, aunts, uncles, dogs, cats, and associated hangers-on employed?

Scouse.

£700 to £900 for the HSMP extension!!! HAHAHA..

I'm kinda happy now that mine is lapsing in October. Will take your advice, if I ever need to get one again, I'll wait.