Need A Tuxedo

PattayaDavid

I'm leaving in a week to attend my daughter's wedding.  I was just informed that I will need to wear a Tuxedo.  The going rental price in the United States is approximately $160.  I had one made years ago in Thailand that costs somewhere in the vicinity of this price, maybe a little more, however I no longer have this Tux.  Could anyone recommend a quality tailor shop in Pattaya with fair prices that uses good quality materials? Time is short.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

I'm leaving in a week to attend my daughter's wedding.  I was just informed that I will need to wear a Tuxedo.  The going rental price in the United States is approximately $160.  I had one made years ago in Thailand that costs somewhere in the vicinity of this price, maybe a little more, however I no longer have this Tux.  Could anyone recommend a quality tailor shop in Pattaya with fair prices that uses good quality materials? Time is short.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

hi how are u ? if u want really good one then u have to contact jas at flipper lodge hotel soi 8. pattaya beach rd

very good quality and very good price. jas 085813229

post-43411-1201771529_thumb.jpg

post-43411-1201771553_thumb.jpg

To kick this off, I needed a jacket in a hurry a few years back and used "Classic" tailors for the price and what jacket was needed for it was ok.

Location for Classic tailors please?

I would agree with this ... they are not one of the "handshaking" <deleted> hanging around the sidewalks.

Anyway, Second road opposite Royal Garden Plaza (a little bit south) ... walk down the soi towards the Royal Palace Hotel

and then do a sharp right and walk about twenty meters.

Naka.

Henry in Nakluea Road opposite Woodland Resort, next to Tutti Frutti bar.

Mytailor for many years, never had a problem. Got me a tux there a couple of months ago, I think 6,000 if I remember well including shirt and bow tie.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

hi david

how are u ? u can buy cheaper at jas shop. i think not more than $130. may be u go and check it there...

The Indian tailor shops in Pattaya don't actually do any of the tailoring -- they measure you and sell you the material for your clothes then go around to the the Thai sewing shops near the Tuk Com parking lot where they pay the Thais a little of the money you gave them to make your clothes. I was wondering if anybody has tried eliminating the middleman (the Indian shop owner) and dealing directly with the Thais who do the real work.

To kick this off, I needed a jacket in a hurry a few years back and used "Classic" tailors for the price and what jacket was needed for it was ok.

Location for Classic tailors please?

I would agree with this ... they are not one of the "handshaking" <deleted> hanging around the sidewalks.

Anyway, Second road opposite Royal Garden Plaza (a little bit south) ... walk down the soi towards the Royal Palace Hotel

and then do a sharp right and walk about twenty meters.

Naka.

my wife and me are using "classic tailors" since nearly two decades!

The Indian tailor shops in Pattaya don't actually do any of the tailoring -- they measure you and sell you the material for your clothes then go around to the the Thai sewing shops near the Tuk Com parking lot where they pay the Thais a little of the money you gave them to make your clothes. I was wondering if anybody has tried eliminating the middleman (the Indian shop owner) and dealing directly with the Thais who do the real work.

Check this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...3&hl=tailor

No need to waste money at Classic tailor or any other of those places !

Check this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...3&hl=tailor

No need to waste money at Classic tailor or any other of those places !

Thanks for verifying this with your own experience.

I hope people don't get the impression that I'm picking on Indians. I have actually dealt with some very honest and likable Indians during the course of my life. However, I think most of us would agree that the Pattaya tailor shop Indians are more than a little tiresome with there relentless sales pitch and the eternal handshake. I don't think they deserve to be rewarded with a lot of business.