Do You Remember The First Record You Bought ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Feel free to laugh as hard as I am right now... it was one of those K-Tel compilation albums (vinyl) you could order off the television (USA). I think I was about 8 years old. I thought I was SSSOOOOOO cool... :o

Then there were the vinyl 45s of popular songs...

The first "real" record I bought (and yes, it was vinyl), was Led Zeppelin, Houses of the Holy, when I was about 11 years old.

I also had a sh*tload of 8-track tapes.

Yes, I'm old.

Wow... Reading all these posts brings 'flashbacks'.... Some very good music listed on here. Many I still have on CDs (Sweet, LedZepplin, Blue Oyster Cult, Beatles, Stones, etc..)

I remember my sister, three years older than me, would go and buy the top single 45 rpm after watching Dick Clark on Saturday mornings. She would get together with her girlfriends and they would dance to their 45s all day long. They would carry around their portable 45 record player along with their cases of records.

I also remember buying cereal (or at least have Mom buy) that would have a 45 rpm cutout on the back of the box. We would collect and play them all the time until they wore out.

As far as my first record I bought??? Hmmm.. My brain is so fried I actually forget... But I do remember my first concert. It was in 1972, Dayton Ohio, Deep Purple... Maybe someone should start a thread on first concerts.....

first record a 45 Beatles yellow submarine,I was fortunate parents had a shop,take from the till then walk back to the counter when when parents went for lunch,had a huge colection all great early 60s.Got burnt in a house fire

save everything on hard drive now.

1955.... Rock around the Clock.. Bill Haley and the Comets.

Those were the days, If anyone is old enough to remember the Bodgie/Widgie generation.

Stove pipe pants,crepe soled shoes,duck tail hairdo,s and jive. :o

Being only 9 or 10 when I bought it I have to say I am rather proud that it was my first ever purchase:

41XE5494K1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'll still listen to it today . . a classic bit of 80s synth pop!

Purchased on Cassette . . :o

Edited by technocracy