Cancellation Period For True Highspeed (haha) Internet

THAILIBAN

when I moved in to my new place (a busy suburb of Bangkok) , my landlord applied for the TRUE INTERNET for me in her name. I decided to go for the rather expensive 1230 Baht-Package.

unfortunately, the speed is a joke, at any time of the day..... and its getting worse month by month.

therefore, I want to downgrade to the 595 Baht-package that I had at my old place. no big difference between very slow and extremely slow speed, and I am not a big downloader anyway. and why pay for something that you dont actually get....

so does anybody know how far in advance u have to cancel a contract ? the first year of the contract is almost finished now (by early March).

sure I could call TRUE themselves or go to a service center, but I'd rather get some facts from members first.

thanks

When I cancelled the TRUE service in our first apartment, the cancellation was effective immediately. I had to go to the TRUE service centre (and no, the TRUE cafe in Paragon didn't count) and they charged me pro-rata for the days I had used that month. It wasn't possible to get the service disconnected by phone (at least not the people I spoke to) but it was relatively easy to cancel it in the service centre

unfortunately, the speed is a joke, at any time of the day..... and its getting worse month by month.

I’m afraid this situation is just normal , if you look at the continuous

Daily postings from people who are so fed up with the poor quality

of the internet service , we have to remember here in Thailand

what you pay for and have been promised means absolutely nothing

Customer service is as bad as it could get , guarantees and assurances are

Just words to fob you off, pay your money and then they couldn't care less

Apathy rules in this country of 70,000,000 sheep!

VP

I believe all you need to do is call them and change your package, that can be done over the phone, no need to cancel anything. Unless the 599 Baht package is with a different provider...?

You'll probably have to wait till March to avoid any penalty fees for canceling the contract.

Anyone has ever been thinking so send the ISP's a nice letter in which we tell them we refuse to pay any longer for their "service", or even claim back our money as they clearly broke the contract we signed. A drop out every know and them is acceptable, but what they do now is simply called fraud.