Expatriate Research Study

Expatriate Research

Dear Expatriate,

My name is Stefan Mol and I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Institute of Psychology of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. At this moment I am conducting a large-scale longitudinal study, with which I hope to uncover the personal characteristics of expatriates that make them successful in their jobs. Could it be that high performers on expatriate jobs all have certain personality factors in common, or is there no such thing as the “ideal overseas type”?

Participation will involve completing a number (as many as you like) of online questionnaires, which are aimed at assessing your personal characteristics (such as cultural flexibility) and job performance. Upon completion of my data collection I will be sending you a personalized feedback report, comparing and contrasting your personal characteristics and job performance to expatriates worldwide. In addition you could also win 100$ gift certificates from one of the Amazon.com sites for each of our questionnaires that you complete.

If you would like to take part in this groundbreaking study or would like to learn more about it, please email me at [email protected]. I would be very grateful if you could help me with my research.

Yours sincerely,

Stefan Mol

Dear Stefan,

Let me wish you luck with your research.

I am not a working expat otherwise I certainly would give my contribution.

Lucky for you to be at the same university as Supachai Panitchpakdi, the chairman of the WTO and former finance minister (during the government of Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai). Former minister of economical affairs Pisit Leehatam studied at the Erasmus as well (also during Chuan Leekpai's PM-ship).

Good luck,

Drs. Limbo (University of Amsterdam)