Myanmar

evander

Aaaaaah Evander,

Myanmar is one of those wonderful places like no other.

However it is quite a large country to start with - I assume you are going to Yangon?

Starting with Yangon, we probably need an idea of budget.  Let's also assume that you want to stay somewhere reasonably priced but nice.  I don't have much knowledge on Guest Houses - but given the time of year and current economic situation - you can stay relatively high class for not much funds.  Try Sakura Residence, Grand Mee Ya Hta, or Marina Residence (serviced apartments) who might be able to offer short term stay at USD$50 per night.

My preference is Sakura on Inya road.  [email protected]   ask for Lynn Nanda the sales girl.

The Panda Hotel in Lanmadaw offers large reasonable rooms at USD$25 per night.  Not sure number or email.

Where to go?  Some quite good bars depending again on taste.  I enjoy the Savoy Hotel (cnr Inya Rd and Dhamazedi - very near Sakura).  Quiet local expats bar.  Strand Hotel does a good happy hour on Fridays.  The Dagon Bar at the Summit Parkview, with band and pool tables, and last but NOT least the infamous Paddy O'Malleys at the Sedona Hotel for good drinks, band, pool, snacks.

Restaurants?  Peppers on Inya rd, great simple and affordable lunch/early dinners.

La Padoma, Inya Rd near the cnr University Avenue - dinners Thai style.

Sandy's for Burmese cuisine

Ashoka at the Yangon International for Indian

Sabai Sabai for famously good Thai food on Dhamazedi.

Great lunchtime Dim Sum at the Royal Garden, Kandawgyi Lake.

For "later more active" bars -  Hot Shots at the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel with its great "local" fashion show (show kicks off somewhere around 11pm or later).

LATE nights try BME (Bo Myint Entertainment).  Girls cost extra. :cool:

There's a start for you.................