Weddings And Businesses

I'm a 36 yo American who recently married a Thai woman in Thailand. I have about 14 days left on a 60 tourist visa. I'm thinking about starting a consulting business here in Bangkok.

I'm not sure about which visa to apply for. I'm not working now. I had 400,000 in the bank but most of it was recently spent on marriage stuff. I don't feel like transfering another 400K in just to get a visa. It doesn't seem right to me.

I'd like to get a one year visa. Any suggestions on the path I should take? -Thanks

If you cannot meet the financial requirements for a visa change to non-immigrant (400k in a Thai bank account) and a subsequent annual extension for living with Thai wife (minimum 40k monthly family income), you can for a start get a 60-day extension for visiting your wife (no financial requirement).

You can also at any time go to a Thai consulate and apply for a non-O visa to visit your wife. In the region, you will probably get only a single-entry visa but in your home country you should be able to get a multiple-entry non-O visa valid for one year.

--

Maestro

You apply at an immigration office using section 7.23 to remain with wife for 60 days. Application form is TM.7 with current 4x6 photo attached and fee is 1,900 baht.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Copy of census registration

4. Copy of the Thai national’s ID Card

5. Copy of marriage certificate or birth

certificate