Retirement Visa Extension

Mobi

Not required. I just renewed my Retirement Visa in December. Actually, it wasn't required for my previous year renewal either. The only thing that I noticed that was different, if you use an outside income such as a pension and obtain a notary signed form from your embassy (United States in my case), you can no longer show immigration the original then they take a copy. You now must provide an original notorized statement of income at each year's renewal.

I seem to recall reading that medical certificates are no longer required when renewing retirement visas at Pattaya immigration.

Can anyone confirm?

NO! This can't be true! How can we be certain that all the farangs living here are healthy if they are not required to take the thorough, rigorous physical exam required to obtain an official medical certificate?! :o:D

I seem to recall reading that medical certificates are no longer required when renewing retirement visas at Pattaya immigration.

Can anyone confirm?

NO! This can't be true! How can we be certain that all the farangs living here are healthy if they are not required to take the thorough, rigorous physical exam required to obtain an official medical certificate?! :o:D

Come on this is Thailand... :D

You pay the doc for the certificate, the ability to get you wallet out of your pocket is ample proof of good health, if you want a proper examination you have pay more !!! :D

BB