Good Pre-shcools In The Aree/phaloyothin Area?

samran

Hi all,

we are looking at buying a place in the Phaolyothin soi 7 area (Soi aree). One of the things that we'd kind of be interested is finding out about decent kindergarden/pe-school in the area.

Preferably international but a really good Thai one wouldn't bother me as well.

Hi all,

we are looking at buying a place in the Phaolyothin soi 7 area (Soi aree). One of the things that we'd kind of be interested is finding out about decent kindergarden/pe-school in the area.

I sent my son to Plengprasiddich Sailom (spelling??) which is on Soi 8. Go past Villa on right, all the way to the bottom, the road turns to the right and then to the left. Follow the road around to the right, but instead of following to the left, go straight on and the school is immediately to the right.

My son went there from the age of 3 1/2 to 5. Its a bilingual school. I found it to be a very good school and it gave him an excellent foundation for his International school that he now attends

Hi all,

St Johns is I think the closest International school. They have preschool. http://www.international.stjohn.ac.th/

Hi all,

St Johns is I think the closest International school. They have preschool. http://www.international.stjohn.ac.th/

Nightmare traffic, going from Soi Ari. You have to go up Viphavadee in rush hour and do a u turn. It would take forever.

Rasami International is closer. Near to Victory Monument. Its a smaller International school. Well run school, not sure what standard the nursery school is, but my son attended there for his 1st year(5yrs) and I was very happy.

Hi all,

Nightmare traffic, going from Soi Ari. You have to go up Viphavadee in rush hour and do a u turn. It would take forever.

Rasami International is closer. Near to Victory Monument. Its a smaller International school. Well run school, not sure what standard the nursery school is, but my son attended there for his 1st year(5yrs) and I was very happy.

thanks -I'll check it out. We've just been looking aorund. My wife went to St. John's and liked it but that the drive over there wasn't in rush hour. On the other hand from Soi Ari you are going oppsite the rush hour - there are some side roads that get you across to Viphavadee. But I don't doubt that it could be bad traffic.

Thanks again for the tip.

<edit> I went to their web site to check it out. Looks good. As to traffic being the determining factor it really gets down to exactly where you are coming from or going to. Bangkok is like that. I'm on Pradipat - there are a couple ways to approach this but overall in commute hours it might be better for me (or my wife) to go north on Phahonyothin than south. From Saphan Khawi the drive down Phahonyothin to Victory Monument in the morning or reverse at night isn't pretty. It's reverse traffic. There are different ways to cut over to Viphavadee - maybe the best is stay on Phahonyothin past Mo Chit and just turn left / U turn back down Viphavadee and you're right there at St. Johns. Sorry to be on a traffic tangent when the subject is schools. I'm going to check them both out and let traffic be an important, abet secondary consideration.

Edited by Valjean