Calling All British Ex-servicemen

millwall_fan

If you are a British ex serviceman, you may be interested in forming an ex servicemens club in Chiang Mai.

The Royal British Legion is now establsihed in Thailand through the good offices of Bert of Tropical Berts bar in Pattaya, and there is a feeling that there may be enough interest to form a sub-branch in Chiang Mai (and possibly in Khorat), though initially it would be an ex servicemens club.

The initial remit would be to establish a means for ex-ervicemen in need to be offered assistance and to find out ways of supporting (but not interfering with) the organisation of the Poppy Appeal and the Service of Remembrance.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in such an organisation there will be an informal get together here at The Olde Bell in Loi Kroh Rd

on Sunday February 17th. At 2pm. Glen Croxton who has qualified as a welfare worker with the RBL will be in attendance.

It would be appreciated if anyone who knows any British ex-servicemen (or Women) they could pass on this information

What do you mean by 'serviceman'? Is that a euphemism for something salacious? If so, count me out....................

Obviously far too youg to have acheived anything. I't's a wonder you made it this far from home :o

I'll endeavour to make it on the 17th...MM

I'll see you there then . . . bring my Union Jack.

I'm not that young, but thanks. I served in the army cadets for 3 days back in 78. It was tough, tough going. In the end i didnt make flunky and was kicked out for recalcitrant smoking . . . but i did my time . . . no one can take that away from me . . .

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind."

That's Einstein.

"We are all beggars for confirmation." Thus spake Bardamu.

Well done for starting the topic Millwall, you do not have to have been in the services to join the RBL, you must however support the principles of the Legion by helping those who have served or their dependants who may be in need. We have a great social side to the club here in Pattaya and arrange trips to the Kwai, British Embassy for Remembrance, Malaysia in June and we hope Burma soon and who knows Chang Mai and Korat. On the welfare side of things we raise money via the Poppy Appeal and other events, I then apply to the Legion to keep this in Thailand to help those in need. Glenn our Welfare officer recently travelled to Buri Ram where there was an Ex WWII fighter pilot in hospital, unfortunatly he was not to be with us long but we ensured the hospital were aware that we would foot the bills for him to receive the best care they could give. We are now ensuring his wife receives all she is entitled to, so there are 2 sides to the Legion - we get pissed every Sunday and swing the old lamp -we are also prepared to travel many hours to visit one who has served and in need.

Once again well done and I hope your meeting goe's well, keep Glenn OFF the Chang til the meeting over!!! :o

I'm not that young, but thanks. I served in the army cadets for 3 days back in 78. It was tough, tough going. In the end i didnt make flunky and was kicked out for recalcitrant smoking . . . but i did my time . . . no one can take that away from me . . .

That's Einstein.

Are you some kind of sissy boy?

- Rambo

That's Einstein.

Are you some kind of sissy boy?

- Rambo

I'll second that one Rainbow. Still haven't gotten rid of all the fools on this forum. See I'm still here.

These guys do good work and don't need smartarsed posts like that of Bardamu.

• 3 weeks later...
When is the next meeting of the Royal British Legion scheduled for? I drink with a very fit 76 year old veteran of Malaya and Burma amongst others and he would like to attend.

Thanks

PM me for Glen Crostons (who is one of the organizers) number...He will be able to give you any info you require.