Which School ?

Torono

My 12 yr old Thai daughter will finally be coming down from BKK to live with me, and I have narrowed down her news school choices to 2. they are about the same price and distance from my house. does anybody have a recomendation or comment about either Kajonkietsuksa School (not intl.) or Dowroong Wittaya

My 12 yr old Thai daughter will finally be coming down from BKK to live with me, and I have narrowed down her news school choices to 2. they are about the same price and distance from my house. does anybody have a recomendation or comment about either Kajonkietsuksa School (not intl.) or Dowroong Wittaya

Take her to the Kajonkietsuksa English or Thai it's the best, not perfect but very safe and good.

Regards,

LiveSteam

Take her to the Kajonkietsuksa English or Thai it's the best, not perfect but very safe and good.

Regards,

LiveSteam

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could afford the English side

Regards,

LiveSteam

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could afford the English side

Another option you might consider is Darasamuth School, right across from Central Festival.

I would also recommend Thai Hua, across from the stadium (very close to Darasamoot).

Dowroong is not a good school. I teach some of the students there privately and seriously, a govt. school is run better.

Kajonkietsuksa has problems keeping teachers and the admin is not all there.

Darasamoot is ok, but again, same problem. Teachers do not stay.

Thai Hua uses the Stamford English system. And they also have native Chinese speakers (7) for Jin classes.

If I decided to stay here (7 years already) and my son grows up here, I may send him to Thai Hua.

Good luck.

Although not a parent myself, yet, I have heard good things about Thai Hua and quite the opposite about Kajonkietsuksa and their policies/ teacher practices regarding corporal punishment. seems to be a reoccuring rumour (?). There is also QSI and Horizons and my friend is very very happy with Montessori in Rawai but not sure which grade it goes too.

Congrats on getting your daughter!

The issues with Kajonkietsuksa are too numerous to mention. However, I will mention some of them..

Teachers are consistently teaching their kids to lie in essays. Case in point. Feb 15th is open school day. Guess what? The kids in P5 and P6 have to write an essay stating how great the school is.

The kids were told that if the essay was negative, they would get a bad grade for that essay.

New teachers are subjected to the South African teachers's association's pecking order when starting. School is run by them and if they do not like you, watch out.

Go there now... many new teachers, no uniform yet, all smiling when leaving the school. Then wait 30 days, oh, lets say, March 1st. No smiles, half of them gone, and out of the 15 or so new teachers hired last month, 3 will remain.

M1 level fees. Jumped from 45k a term to now 75k a term. They lost 50% of their future M1 students due to greed.

--------------------------

Montessori. Some people love the system, some do not. They leave the school with good English, but very bad social manners. And as is the theme of the system, the kids run the classes. Teachers watch. 0 homework.

-------------------------

Darasamoot and Dowroong.. Same administration, same school, same Catholic style of administration. Money comes in, but I never see what is done with it. Donations for the new school came in, but was not paid from school fees. English is 2 days a week, one hour at a time, with a foreign teacher and the rest with a Thai English teacher. Alcohol is seen by other kids but admin does nothing.

------------------------------

Thai Hua. Old school. Well run by an old Thai Chinese family. Friends with the Stamford English owner in Hua Hin. That is why they teach there. Not a fan of their system, but it is better than others and I like the Chinese part of the school curriculum. Clean school and for the most part, kids are very respectful of teachers.

-----------------------------

QSI.. Overpriced at 3000 US per term, x 3. A lot of nepotism in the school. Owner Admin has wife and daughter teaching. Very unresponsive to suggestions in their yellow take home book. Emails by many go unanswered. Kids run the school. Some sort of a Marine boot camp style of computer class management. Food is ok, but no idea what an American Lasagna is. Never heard of it. Almost zero homework.

-----------------------------

British Intl. Don't get me started. All opinions above are positive in comparison. And they express my views, not those of ThaiVisa.com.