Buying Real Eastate In Bangkok

Where would you buy in bangkok?

For investment?

Which suburbs do you think will increase in market or living value?

I personally would like to buy here as I will be staying for a long time

Not ready for a family yet so would be more interested in investment now and a family home later

IMHO there's no such thing as an investment property in Thailand and as you don't know what your family needs will be you will be locking-in money you may need later.

But, basically, if your looking to investment money in real estate, do it back home and live off the profits in Thailand.

But that's just my opinion. :o

"Which suburbs do you think will increase in market or living value?"

All of them, eventually.

"I personally would like to buy here as I will be staying for a long time. Not ready for a family yet so would be more interested in investment now and a family home later"

So, you're going to buy, and then rent it out - living elsewhere? Why not solve both the short- and long-term questions with one home. Buy a 2-3 bedroom condo. You can have it in your name and, when your GF moves in, you don't have to find a larger home.

Based on my house hunting in Bangkok over the two years the property market seems to be geneally flat to down a little in the great majority of locations. Home/condo value booms run in cycles just like business cycles. Will the next home/condo value boom be in 2, 3, 5, etc., years? Most seem to run in approx 10 year cycles. If expecting to make a big profit quick in flipping (quickly reselling) a home/condo in Bangkok, you are probably in for a rude awaiting. If shooting for a l...o....n....g term investment, then you are probaby safe buying in most well maintained (to Thai standards) areas in Bangkok.