Canadian Brutally Murdered In Ranong

Mosha

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally !!! I just did my first interview with Global TV it will be on the 5 o'clock(PST) news in British Columbia. And hopefully then nationally and THEN INTERNATIONALLY......Dale this will NOT be in VAIN as promised.......

Very good Richard !

It will certainly help to draw more attention. The more publicity the more pressure the Canadian Government & Embassy will feel to act accordingly and put pressure on this case themselves with Thai authorities.

I'm not sure if you have contacted Canadian Foreign Affairs yet but I would do that also if I were in your shoes.

Can you post some more photos of Dale It will help as people will identify more easily with him and maybe offer their help.

The more eyes read and see about Dale's murder, the more it helps.

* Don't leave the 'wife' out of the photos; The 'Jules Odekerken' family posted many photos on their website (which they created for their son and brother after he was murdered in 2003; also 'wife/lover related). I posted a link earlier.

It will help the readers to understand better.

Good luck in your search for Justice !

LaoPo

post-57780-1202609026_thumb.jpg

post-57780-1202609049_thumb.jpg

Just saw the clip on the six o'clock news here on local Vancouver television.

Leading story.

Real sad story.

M condolences go out to all who loved this man.

RIP.

I remember reading a front page article in the Bangkok Post some four years ago that stated there were over 200 hitmen in Surat Thani province,alone.

To make one's name the junior hitmen murdered for free.

It is not just foreigners that are hit in Thailand,it is just that there are more and more foreigners living/travelling in Thailand highlighting the dark side of the 'Land of Smiles.'

Those of us whom have lived in Thailand know that these type of stories are common for Thai nationals and now-more and more-for foreigners.

What you need to know that if you are city dwellers is what it is like in the sticks. La-Un is sparcely populated but it covers a massive area. Everyone seems to know everyone, and I am often amazed how many people my sister in law knows from 50 or 60 miles away. All the locals, including police, knew what this hitman did for money, he has worked for some influential people who have a vested interest in it being kept quiet. So when the proverbial hits the fan a Thai solution may be found to keep the killer silent. The locals don't speak out because they don't want to be on his list.

Note To All:

Thank-you to all who have posted about this tragedy !! It really does help to know so many people care.....The ball is rolling and just knowing the story is getting out to people is a relief. I am leaving for Thailand tomorrow and the media want one more interview as I am departing. I'm not really into being on camera but knowing it is helping makes it easy.....Again, thanks for all the kind words they do help at times like this.

My condolences to all of Dale's family and friends. I was very sad to read this sickening and tragic story. Those who are trying to see justice done should keep close tabs on the case and keep in touch with Canadian govt/ embassy to make sure they are on the ball. This case looks very open and shut but there have been many similar cases in Thailand where the suspects somehow managed to wriggle off the hook after withdrawing initial statements and confessions. I was concerned at one of the posts that suggested that police were still looking for the gun. I don't know if it has been found yet. Many suspects have been released or acquitted through lack of evidence because the murder weapon could not be found. The wife's statement that the deceased beat her needs to be strongly rebutted as the court could regard this as mitigating circumstances and give her a lighter sentence.

Please ignore gratuitously nasty and callous posts. Thai Visa is a website that can make a difference but through its open nature it also attracts a lot of vacuous posts from unintelligent people who just like to create noise and hear the sound of their own voices.

Google News is now showing 11 articles. The news appears to be spreading to news outlets across Canada. The articles also mention the recent murder of Leo Del Pinto, another Canadian.

From the article:

"Richard (Henry) believes news of Dale's death was suppressed by the Thai government.

It wasn't in any English-speaking Thai newspaper, whereas something like that should be big news."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national...645&k=67064

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

To Dales family and friends, my condolences.

Richard I just watched your interview on Global TV. Well done for making yourself and the story heard, make sure you keep pushing for justice as in Thailand these types of crimes can be forgotten and criminals go free.

All the best.

my heartfelt condolences to Dale's family.

Here are a couple lessons that could be learned from this:

1. Don't take a large insurance policy out on a Thai wife. If you do take out any policy, don't tell her.

Some Thais are so crazy about money, they'll kill themselves and others to get it. Sounds too weird, but in 1973 a Cathay Pacific Convair 880 exploded over South Vietnam, resulting in the deaths of 81 people. It was found to be the fault of a Thai police officer who had just taken out life insurance policies worth 5.5 million baht on his girlfriend and his nine-year-old daughter. In other words, he chose to kill himself and 81 others in order to get a big payment for his g.f. and kid.

2. a message to farang guys: Dont assume that lovey-dovey exchanges with your Thai wife/girlfriend are the real thing. Have fun with romance, sure, but be cognizant that much of that is probably surface affection - and not real love - as you would want to believe. Ask around - especially older, more experienced farang. Take off your pink-tinted glasses and look around observe the nitty gritty underbelly of what actually transpires with many farang/Thai relationships. Some are fine, some aren't. Don't risk your life and limb believing in a myth.

3. Where do most farang meet their future wives? Despite the glossed over stories bandied around later on, the naked truth is most farang meet their future Thai wives in beer bars or brothels. If girls learn anything in those places, it's how to manipulate and endear themselves to men - often guys who are two or three decades older and well past their prime.

Do you think if all was equal (ATM power, etc) that those beautiful young women would choose to be with aging balding overweight men - rather than a buffed handsome sexy men their own age? The vast majority are sticking out being with the farang because the money is good - that's the #1 reason. If the farang starts thinking she really loves him, then hopefully no harm will come of it - as befell unlucky Dale.

Canadian shot and killed in Thailand

By Sandra McCulloch , Canwest News Service

Published: Sunday, February 10, 2008Canwest News Service

VICTORIA - A 48-year-old Canadian citizen has been shot dead in Thailand and his wife, a man accused of being her lover and a suspected contract killer have all been arrested and charged in the slaying, the victim's brother said Saturday.

Richard Henry, 45, of Victoria, is flying to Thailand today to arrange for his brother Dale Henry's funeral.

Richard told the Victoria Times Colonist he learned of his brother's death after being contacted by Victoria police earlier this week.

"I'm so mixed up right now - I haven't slept three hours since Tuesday," he said.

A letter faxed to Victoria police from the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs said the federal government "was informed of the death of Dale George Henry in the Ranong province in Thailand as a result of gun shots.

"Subject's passport indicates his Thai wife as NOK (next of kin) but she was arrested in connection with the (death)."

The information provided on Dale's earlier passport, issued in 2000, listed Richard as his nearest relative and gave his Victoria address.

According to Richard, in addition to Dale's wife, Nee, a suspected contract killer and Nee's suspected lover have also been arrested and charged, the motive allegedly being a $1-million US life-insurance policy that Dale's employer, a drilling company, too out in his name.

Dale, 48, worked in Nigeria and lived in Thailand but is a native of Victoria.

Dale Henry is the second Canadian shot dead in Thailand this year.

Calgary native Leo Del Pinto was shot and killed in the south Asian country just after the New Year.

Del Pinto, 25, and his friend Carly Reisig, were walking home in Pai, Thailand, on Jan 6. when off-duty Thai policeman, Sgt.-Maj. Uthai Dechawiwat, shot them both, fatally wounding Del Pinto.

Richard is worried that corruption in the Thai justice system might see the case against the three accused in his brother's killing dropped.

"If it's known internationally, then there's pressure on them to do everything properly," Richard said Saturday.

Richard said he knows nothing is going to bring Dale back "but he's my brother and I want to vindicate him."

The Canadian consulate has assured Richard that he and his sister, who's travelling to Thailand from Calgary, will have security provided for them during their stay.

Richard believes news of Dale's death was suppressed by the Thai government.

"It wasn't in any English-speaking Thai newspaper, whereas something like that should be big news.

"He really had a good heart and for someone to take it away like that is just . . .

"It's a terrible tragedy and I don't want it to happen to anyone else."

<H6 class=copyright>© Victoria Times Colomnist 2008</H6>

Canadian killed in Thailand in alleged arranged hit by wife

Published: Sunday, February 10, 2008

A second Canadian has been killed in Thailand in just over a month.

Victoria-born Dale Henry, 48, lived in Thailand's Ranong province for 10 years, working as a safety inspector for an oil-drilling company.

He was found at his Thai home last Sunday with a single gunshot wound to the head.

Thai authorities have arrested Henry's wife of six years in connection with his murder, which they claim was an arranged hit.

Authorities allege the Thai woman -- a former bartender almost half Henry's age -- planned the killing with her boyfriend, arriving with an assassin last Saturday night after Henry had fallen asleep in front of the television.

Thai police told Thai media they have evidence in the form of text messages between the woman and her boyfriend.

Henry's brother, Richard, was planning to visit him in Thailand to deliver some supplies and go on vacation, but now he will go for his brother's funeral.

"He was just the most generous, kindest person around," Richard told Victoria's CHEK TV Saturday.

"He still had a lot of life . . . his life was taken away for no reason."

Henry will be cremated this week during a traditional Thai ceremony.

Richard, who leaves for Thailand Sunday, said he wants to make sure his brother receives justice.

"I just want to make sure that the Thai government doesn't have the opportunity to sweep it under the table and pretend like another Canadian wasn't killed in Thailand," he said.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sto...e01&k=88130

Note: Let's hope the text messages between the Thai wife and her boyfriend is enough evidence to bring all three in prison, the rest of their lifes. :o

LaoPo

My ex husband just read the Thai article in one newspaper - here Thai_2.pdf ( 167.67K ) Number of downloads: 93 - and he translated that on the 30th January there were text messages from the Thai wife and boyfriend to the 'uncle' to say ''Do it tonight uncle''. The Burmese maid in the house was alerted when the dog barked but the Thai wife told the maid to go back to sleep. The text message said ''after you finish the business you come to his funeral and act normal''.

The fee was 60,000 baht, 30,000 upfront.

:o

My sincere condolences to Dales family & friends.

I hope that the expats within 100kms will turn up at the funeral as a sign of support for Dales family.

This is a terrible time for them!

Dale Henri R.I.P.

GungaDin...... In Aus.

Wat Na Muang people. Please if you are in the South make an effort. I did not know dale and that is my loss.

RE: And you wonder why they are tightening the visa laws? Cant come soon enough for me.

Sadly there is this attitude that if one commits a crime or is simply a ********* then hey let go to Thailand...still wish Thai gov had a smarter way to handle things

Congratulations to the low lifes as usual, some great posting.

I recently airbrushed a crash helmet for Dale (who I never met, this was through my website), I received this morning an email from his sister, informing me of the murder and asking if I could find any news for her, I thought Thai Visa would be a good place to start, what do you think? Should I forward the url? Will it help her in her time of pain and loss, I doubt it.

Good luck with your Karma boys, wonder if you will laugh so hard the day you wake up to find a stranger at the end of the bed?

What is it with some people here? I had the misfortune to unsuccesfully be the first to aid Matt Hayes, the guy who had the accident in Pattaya and died on route to Chonburi, in that thread it was insinuated I could have actually been to blame in some way.

And you wonder why they are tightening the visa laws? Cant come soon enough for me.

If anyone does have some information or contact details that will help this lady please contact me via ***Please PM poster--email removed per forum rules***

Wombat, it sounds as if you could help her much more than I can I never met Dale with the exception of a few client customer emails, please get in touch.

The comedians? You should be ashamed of yourselves, but hey TIT like thats ever gonna happen!

Find some pride.

RIP Dale.

1 Victim Farang of unknown nationality.

2 Wife - Thai gives 30K to murderer. The murder is uncle to the bloke down the road and the lady in Australia who is married to my mate.

3 Wife either unlocks door to let murderer in the house or leaves house unlocked.

4 Murderer kill the victim while the victim is asleep.

5 Wife confesses all to police. She is arrested along with boyfriend.

6 Murderer arrested.

7 Police go to murderer's nephew's house looking for gun. This is because the nephew was accused of a murder in Phato last year, when a Nai Yok Orbator was killed. That one has not been solved yet. Yes he was beat up in an attempt to get a confession.

What, err?

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, and I sincerely hope that justice will come out it. This is a story that has a high frequency rate, I'm afraid. Not to long ago, there was also a story of a Dutchman that was murdered by his wife and her family. It might be helpful to talk to them.

I think Brahmburgers gives some very helpful advice above, as a way to try and minimize this outcome in Thailand.

1 Victim Farang of unknown nationality.

2 Wife - Thai gives 30K to murderer. The murder is uncle to the bloke down the road and the lady in Australia who is married to my mate.

3 Wife either unlocks door to let murderer in the house or leaves house unlocked.

4 Murderer kill the victim while the victim is asleep.

5 Wife confesses all to police. She is arrested along with boyfriend.

6 Murderer arrested.

7 Police go to murderer's nephew's house looking for gun. This is because the nephew was accused of a murder in Phato last year, when a Nai Yok Orbator was killed. That one has not been solved yet. Yes he was beat up in an attempt to get a confession.

What, err?

It seems perfectly clear to me, and to anyone living in a small community. The killer is his neighbor's uncle, as well as the uncle of his friend's wife.

Unfortunately, there are enough people around who will do anything for money. :o

Yes, I remember the Dutch story, kat, The Murder Case of Jules Odekerken.

Mr Henri's family might take some comfort in knowing that justice can be served in Thailand. Please do try to get the Canadian Embassy more proactively involved in this case. As can be seen from the above case, the Dutch embassy was quite involved and there were results.

the law works in strange ways in rural thailand.

there are far too many foreigners dying in violent ways these days here , and professional investigations are rarely carried out . the embassies should be doing more for their citizens when it comes to victims of crime , but they are up against all the deeply entrenched cancers affecting third world police and judicial systems.

yesterday (or a day ago?) there was some piece of news on Thai TV - about Italian man who's come to Bkk to file a complain report to police. the thing is: some of his neighbors play music too loudly during whatever festivals or holidays. so, he went to local chief (puyai) i complained about it. the reaction was - a big crowd of angry villagers came to have a procession in front of his house (he owns one there), yelling "Fanag ouk pai" etc. perhaps they still keep shouting that - because there were video shown of them in front of his house. :o

having not found justice there locally, he went to Bkk.

the comment of my wife: "see? this farang doesn't understand the Thai CULTURE ! you should learn and know it. if not - you CAN NOT live in Thailand! "

what a logic!

no any amount of explanations that it has nothing to do with Thai culture did any help

- rather made her more angry AT ME ! :D

so, in this country - there are OTHER laws!

Edited by aaaaaa

You sickos that make stupid comments appear to have plenty of time to write rubbish...anyway on the subject....the victim was a personal friend of mine (as was his wife)...I had dinner with them last week.....the truth of the matter is that Dale didn't beat his wife at all...they had an "arrangement" to be able to carry on a seperate lifestyle at times. so there was never any jealousy Recently Dale had a fall and broke his leg in several places and was on crutches recovering from it . He was working for an Oil Company in Nigeria (Africa) and normally spent about a month on leave in Ranong and he would then work for approx 3 months before his next leave. Due to his broken leg, he was staying in Ranong for a lot longer than normal and it is believed the boyfriend of the wife became frustrated that he was not seeing enough of Dales wife. Yes, there was a big Insurance Policy involved, but Dale looked after his wife and her family really well financially...he had purchased some land up past the Ranong Hot Springs (in his wifes name) where he had planned to build a house and rent out ( he was renting a nice house that he had renovated on a long term at a very reasonable rental). He had purchased a car and a Utility for his wife and had his own Harley.

The money involved with the assassination was supposedly 200,000 baht to the boyfriend to arrange things and that 60,000 was paid to the hitman. Entry was gained through an unlocked dooe at 1 am and the 4 dogs did not raise an alarm ( probably because they knew the boyfriend who accompanied the hitman) Dale was woken and he raised his hands to protect himself as one or more bullets passed through his hand.

Dale was a nice quiet guy who didn't create any waves and didn't deserve to die at the hands of these animals.

I am sorry for your grief with the loss of your friend.

Back in 1999, my best friend, Michael, of over 20 years was introduced to a Thai lady at an engagement party in Norwich England. He was 51 she was 28. He fell in love with her immediately and over a 2 year period, the girl and her family in Keonkaen extorted over £80000 from my friend. After that the girl told him that she had a terminal disease and could not marry him, but offered her sister instead. Michael married the sister in 2001. It later transpired that the Thai girl he met in England already had an English husband in Norwich and is alive and well today.

In 2006 my friend caught his wife having an affair in Norwich. The shock was too much for him; he began walking back to his car and dropped dead in the rain into a gutter from a heart attack. He was 58. And yes I am very emotional about this.

In the end, that Thai family got £80000 of my friend's savings, his property in Buckinghamshire worth £400000 and finally even his soul. Our mutual friends and I warned Michael about this Thai group. Michael said, that if he cant find a wife, he'll buy one if necessary, but of course no one can buy true caring love. He was blind to the reality that they only wanted his money and targeted Michael because he was so desperate to get himself a wife and told them he had money and property. We fell out over this issue because Michael wouldn't listen to reason and I lost my closest friend, a soul mate of over 20 years.

Was my friend stupid, yes many will say so, but my hate for that Thai family is intense and I curse those people and the day that I took my friend to that engagement party in Norwich, England in which was the beginning of his downfall.

I am married to a Thai lady over 20 years; we met in England, with no problems, I did choose carefully before I committed myself.

The warning here is, beware that there are some Thai families who have made it almost into an industry to separate the so called rich Farang from his/her assets. Think twice before committing to a relationship who may be believed is a dream partner.

Edited by distortedlink