Best Eateries Of Pattaya, Please Add To The List....

NanLaew

I know the one you're talking about. I pass by it everyday, but have never eaten there. Their menu is only in Thai so I wouldn't know what to order - they don't even have photos I can point to.

I could be wrong, but I had the feeling they don't really want farangs in there.

<deleted> tropo! of course they don't want farangs in there. but they do want your satang!

The place is called "Khao Suay" and if you know what that means, you should know enough Thai to say the name of your favourite Thai dish. Pop in and try them out. Also remember that some Thais wait-staff understand English (and bastardised Thaiglish) so it won't be a challenge. Don't go asking for anything exotic mind, it is in a shopping mall after all. Failing that, bring the tilac... or someone elses.

Oh yes, and their beer is always icy cold.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the one you're talking about. I pass by it everyday, but have never eaten there. Their menu is only in Thai so I wouldn't know what to order - they don't even have photos I can point to.

I could be wrong, but I had the feeling they don't really want farangs in there.

<deleted> tropo! of course they don't want farangs in there. but they do want your satang!

The place is called "Khao Suay" and if you know what that means, you should know enough Thai to say the name of your favourite Thai dish. Pop in and try them out. Also remember that some Thais wait-staff understand English (and bastardised Thaiglish) so it won't be a challenge. Don't go asking for anything exotic mind, it is in a shopping mall after all. Failing that, bring the tilac... or someone elses.

Oh yes, and their beer is always icy cold.

Well the food is superb so I would suggest learning a little Thai tropo, I see farrangs in there every time I eat or pass so I am sure they are not anti farrang.

lobster pot walking street, never had a bad meal in there...well worth a treat and is impressive for people who are first timers! excellent ambience and the irish coffees are superb!

can't see what peoples problems are with fuji, i've never had any :o especially for the price!

more is good infront of the marriot (the old shenanigans)and from the way it is set out I did expect it to be expensive...it isn't!!!

the little wonder in the diana complex....pie n mash with liqour for the southern brits

brunos jomtien :D

Well the food is superb so I would suggest learning a little Thai tropo, I see farrangs in there every time I eat or pass so I am sure they are not anti farrang.

I'm not that eager to eat there really...not eager enough to go to a school to learn Thai so that I can order food there. My tilac is Filipino, so not much use there.

I've always been amazed that a restaurant in such a great location would not have the business acumen to put some photos out, or have some English menus available outside. Tonight MK's, Fuji and Hachiban were full with queues outside waiting, and this little Thai place was about 25% full.

With some decent signage outside they could be full every night.

This is why I came to the conclusion long ago that they really don't like Farangs. I do see farangs in there, but they're usually with Thai company. The Pink Lady next door has a full English menu with photos...I do eat there.

Edited by tropo

I'm not that eager to eat there really...not eager enough to go to a school to learn Thai so that I can order food there. My tilac is Filipino, so not much use there.

I've always been amazed that a restaurant in such a great location would not have the business acumen to put some photos out, or have some English menus available outside. Tonight MK's, Fuji and Hachiban were full with queues outside waiting, and this little Thai place was about 25% full.

With some decent signage outside they could be full every night.

This is why I came to the conclusion long ago that they really don't like Farangs. I do see farangs in there, but they're usually with Thai company. The Pink Lady next door has a full English menu with photos...I do eat there.

I like some of your posts.............I really do. Jing Jing. Sometimes though, your posts come across as a bit errrrrrrrrrrrr xenophobic. :o

You live here, but can,t be arsed to learn the language. You want everything in English. If...for some strange reason, Thai,s in Thailand only do a Thai menu....you slag of their business acumen.

Let all Pattaya fall in line and have ENGLISH everywhere huh? For Tropo. Who can,t be arsed to learn. Happy to live here though, as long as Thailand complies with his way of thinking.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.

aren't you a little off topic there Wilko? If you look at the top of the thread, you'll see that it is about ''Best Eateries Of Pattaya, Please Add To The List....'' so wheres yours?

Don't mind Wilko.... it's his bad hair day :o

Yeah.....it was in my soup!

aren't you a little off topic there Wilko? If you look at the top of the thread, you'll see that it is about ''Best Eateries Of Pattaya, Please Add To The List....'' so wheres yours?

I have put suggestions on similar threads before....but at the end of the day.."best eateries in Pattaya" if you include most of the suggestions in this post would be an oxymoron.

My problem with recommending anywhere would be that the people who recommended some of the disgusting food in this post might turn uop and put me off my food!

Edited by wilko

I have put suggestions on similar threads before....but at the end of the day.."best eateries in Pattaya" if you include most of the suggestions in this post would be an oxymoron.

My problem with recommending anywhere would be that the people who recommended some of the disgusting food in this post might turn uop and put me off my food!

Yes them boring T bone steak eaters for one ! :o ,...as you say they travel to thailand from scunthorpe or new yok and want fish and chips or a burger !..

Yes...i'm probaly having a bad soup week....but whereas there is good food in Pattaya...I have little confidence in most (but not all) of the eateries that supply western food, and although we all like a dose of "comfort food" from time to time, in general I'd rather cook my own.

PS - I did have real mashed potato at Seaview the other day!....real potato with no fingernails or hair!

Yes...i'm probaly having a bad soup week....but whereas there is good food in Pattaya...I have little confidence in most (but not all) of the eateries that supply western food, and although we all like a dose of "comfort food" from time to time, in general I'd rather cook my own.

PS - I did have real mashed potato at Seaview the other day!....real potato with no fingernails or hair!

Wilko, you have just lost all credibility on this topic. Anyone who eats at the Seaside should not be contributing to threads about the best food in Pattaya.

Wilko, you have just lost all credibility on this topic. Anyone who eats at the Seaside should not be contributing to threads about the best food in Pattaya.

Seaview - Seaside - if it's the place in Soi Chaiyapoon, then it has no view of the sea, nor is it beside the sea. And although the food is reasonably good and reasonably priced, it ain't no gourmet special.

No mistake....Sea-something not on Chaiyapoom but I think it is the same people...I'm certainly not claiming it's gourmet...that's the whole point...I don't reckon there IS any gourmet food in Pattaya...but as my mother kept saying "Man does not live on Lobster Thermidor alone"....much of the "gourmet" food here is (boil-in-the bag type stuff bought from wholesale caterers...and when Iet mash I like it to be mashed potato not re-hydrated powder....

No mistake....Sea-something not on Chaiyapoom but I think it is the same people...I'm certainly not claiming it's gourmet...that's the whole point...I don't reckon there IS any gourmet food in Pattaya...but as my mother kept saying "Man does not live on Lobster Thermidor alone"....much of the "gourmet" food here is (boil-in-the bag type stuff bought from wholesale caterers...and when Iet mash I like it to be mashed potato not re-hydrated powder....

Are there still re-hydrated powders available?

When I was at school (during and after WWII) we had 'POM' instead of potato. It was a grey semi-liquid mush that tasted of - nothing!

I eat the mash at Caddy Shack, as well as the proper-sized chips. I'm sure that it's genuine mash - sometimes has lumps of un-mashed spud in it. :o

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Yes them boring T bone steak eaters for one ! :o ,...as you say they travel to thailand from scunthorpe or new yok and want fish and chips or a burger !..

That's one of the reasons why Pattaya is such a great place to live. One can find decent fish n' chips, or a burger or any other farang food that one desires. It's one place in Thailand where eating Thai all day is not necessary.

I eat the mash at Caddy Shack, as well as the proper-sized chips. I'm sure that it's genuine mash - sometimes has lumps of un-mashed spud in it. :o

I've eaten their mash pototoes on many occasions and I can confirm it is genuine mash.

Their roast potatoes are pretty good too...haven't tried their chips.

That's one of the reasons why Pattaya is such a great place to live. One can find decent fish n' chips, or a burger or any other farang food that one desires. It's one place in Thailand where eating Thai all day is not necessary.

But where ? its been asked many times but ive not seen a conclusive answer , :D

Are there still re-hydrated powders available?

When I was at school (during and after WWII) we had 'POM' instead of potato. It was a grey semi-liquid mush that tasted of - nothing!

They form the basis of most potato products you buy....Most fast food "fries" are extruded powder based pastes.

Edited by wilko

4. Hopf - Great food, home brewed beer in 5 liter glasses, super service, great show and music, very expensive (good meal with drinks around 900 bath).

5 Liter glasses? Close to 9 British pints, now that's what I call a lunchtime gargle I could even be persuaded to cut back to just a half with my sandwich! :o