New House, Estimate Costs By Using M2 Prices

Goodafternoon!

I am trying to estimate building costs of a small house in the simple m2 unit price way. However, I am wondering what I should count at m2. In my case the house will be on columns with a concrete groundfloor and a large balkony (without therefore any walls.)

Specifically: 40 m2 walled in, 80 m2 concreted ground floor and 40 m2 balkony (also running around the house)

Would this be according to the unit price definition (40+80+40m2) x say 10,000 Baht = 1,600,000 Baht?

Or is it (40+40m2) x say 10,000 Baht + 80 m2 concreting costs only = 800,000 Baht + say 50,000 Baht = 850,000 Baht?

Or should I reduce the unit rate for the balkony as well?

Take care

I think the easiest way is to split it into two - inside are and outside (balcony etc). Then as a rough rule of thumb assume that inside area will cost you twice as much to build as inside area.

Incidentally for Bt10,000 per sqm you will do well to build your outside area.....

If you want to do it accurately use a Quantity Surveyor!!

But 10,000 a m2 for the walled area is OK for a bungalow type house, the balcony won't cost so much as it's only concrete on the ground, not structural, so your second guess is nearer the mark.

But go to a few contractors with the plans and you'll be surprised at how much the price varies!