Bbc News Story From 07 Feb 2008

billd766

I saw this item on the BBC news online this morning

Woman faces trial over apple core

Ms Badger chose to stand trial at crown court

A woman is to stand trial at crown court for allegedly throwing an apple core out of her car window.

Kate Badger, from Cornwall Road in Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, refused to pay a £60 on-the-spot fine after the alleged incident in March last year.

The 25-year-old appeared before magistrates in the city where she elected to stand trial at crown court.

The case was adjourned until 12 March. If Ms Badger is found guilty she could be sent to prison.

She denies a charge of "knowingly causing the deposit of controlled waste, namely an apple core, on land which did not have a waste management licence".

I can understand and accept that if she does not pay the fine then she could go to prison. I do think that it is a waste of time, resources and money to do so.

However I am confused that it has got this far over an apple core which in itself is bio-degradable and therefore may act as a fertiliser in a small way and possibly may even grow into a tree which in turn would benefit the country also in a small way.

Perhaps it is me that has lost the plot but all of this over an apple core? Who has legislated that an apple core is controlled waste and what land is or is not designated with a waste management licence and by whom?

I suspect that the barmy army is taking over the country where I was born.

I am glad that another country, namely Thailand is allowing me to live here.