Triton Versus Navara; Vigo; Ranger

trucklover

I dont think there is a 'right' or 'best' pickup. Trouble is that they keep tweaking the packaging or upgrading models, so my best advise is to shop around, get the best deal, and buy the pickup you like.

Regarding current technology pickups against the last generation: personally I dont think the current or future generations will ever be are reliable and long lasting as the last generation. Several reasons for this:

• Price of steel means they put less steel in the current models
  • Extensive use of plastic instead of steel means less durability (example my old Isuzu air cleaner unit was made of steel whilst all current models use plastic ones)
  • Last generation had simple electrics. Everything revolved around the Bosche injection pump. Now complex electronics means more to go wrong
  • We live in a consumer age where people replace things frequently; your pickup has built in obsolence. Thus figure on 10 years for your pickup. By then technology will have changed so much you will want a new one anyway.

I dont think there is a 'right' or 'best' pickup. Trouble is that they keep tweaking the packaging or upgrading models, so my best advise is to shop around, get the best deal, and buy the pickup you like.

Regarding current technology pickups against the last generation: personally I dont think the current or future generations will ever be are reliable and long lasting as the last generation. Several reasons for this:

Even if the new plastic technologie is better than steel they use cheap plastics, rust proofing you have to order separate and, and, and....so I agree with you.

All Pick-Up´s have quite the same price, the difference is only the setup - no leather seats, only one airbag = the car (Triton 4x4, 2door) is about THB 80,000.- cheaper than for example the Navara 4x4 King Cab LE or Navara King Cab 4x4 SE (no ABS, no Airbag, no CD-Changer etc.) = THB 669,000.- <---> Navara King Cab 4x4 LE (incl. 2 Airbags, ABS, CD-Changer etc.) = THB 739,000.-

Bagsida