Changes To General Grounds For Refusal (uk)

these new rules would have meant that we would have married in the UK, then contacted an immigration lawyer,

Isn't it the case now that in order to marry, you need to prove your immigration status, no visa - no marry. Then I would suspect that there would be knock on the door at 6am some day in the future.

Or am I wrong and this was overturned. I remember reading about a case where immigration rounded up people who were getting married.

There are now massive immigration pressures on the UK not least from the new EU countries. Outside of the EU the pressure continues and measures have been taken to block the problem before it arrives at a UK port. Passports were forged with ease until new recent regultions imposed new hoops to jump through at foreign embassies. The chances of you getting in to the UK with a forged passport are now slim.

The British Embassy in BKK will give you a hard time trying to get your new girlfriend/wife back to the UK and rightly so. They want to see proof of commitment with a couple of years being the norm. Anyone on here who has been through it will confirm what i am talking about.

The British Embassy in BKK will give you a hard time trying to get your new girlfriend/wife back to the UK and rightly so. They want to see proof of commitment with a couple of years being the norm. Anyone on here who has been through it will confirm what i am talking about.

Er, no actually. Proof of commitment and that the relationship is genuine, yes, but 2 years? I'm sure there's lots here that will say it wasn't the case for them as it wasn't for me.