Falang Motorcycle Mechanics In Cm?

jaideeguy

Several years ago, when i lived in downtown CM, I met a couple of Swiss/German[?] motorcycle mechanics that had a shop on a small soi near Thapae gate, in the neighborhood of Gecko Books....maybe, but closer to ping river. If anyone knows their names and exact lication, could they please post......

thanks in advance.

Good luck. I tried calling every two weeks for a couple of months and they were continually too busy even during the slow season.

Joe is still there but Tom is gone and I know that there is at least one Thai mechanic there.

The Chiangmai Biker Shop near Airport Plaza does decent work and the owner/mech Pipat Reanthong speaks decent English. His charges for labor are very reasonable. 053-200-190, mobile 01-641-4496

Good luck. I tried calling every two weeks for a couple of months and they were continually too busy even during the slow season.

Joe is still there but Tom is gone and I know that there is at least one Thai mechanic there.

The Chiangmai Biker Shop near Airport Plaza does decent work and the owner/mech Pipat Reanthong speaks decent English. His charges for labor are very reasonable. 053-200-190, mobile 01-641-4496

All due respect Dustoff but Joe had a very serious accident and was in hospital for some time last year.

Tom retired and Jeff came in as a partner however he has since gone his own way. I was talking with Joe the other day, he told me that Tom was coming back in 2-3 days a week to help out. There is no Thai mechanic there now.

All due respect Dustoff but Joe had a very serious accident and was in hospital for some time last year.

Tom retired and Jeff came in as a partner however he has since gone his own way. I was talking with Joe the other day, he told me that Tom was coming back in 2-3 days a week to help out. There is no Thai mechanic there now.

Thanks for the update, Bill. I am aware of Joe's accident but my info is a bit dated; thanks for bringing me up to date. Goodwill has always been my shop of choice during my seven years here but I began looking around a couple of years ago when it became difficult to sneak my bike in when I needed maintenance. One of my bikes needs work now and I will give Joe a call.

Regards...

The best motorcycle mechanic in Chiang Mai (if not all of Thailand) is Rick from the US of A (can't remember his surname). He has a up and coming Harley / Buell dealership / mechanical repairs / service center.. It's name escapes me at the moment.

It is about half way down Wulai Rd (silver street) on the left coming from the moat.

He is just behind the Hindu Brahma (The Bull) shrine..

Nice guy...His dog is really special too...All bark no bite..(like a lot of TV members :o )..

The best motorcycle mechanic in Chiang Mai (if not all of Thailand) is Rick from the US of A (can't remember his surname). He has a up and coming Harley / Buell dealership / mechanical repairs / service center.. It's name escapes me at the moment.

It is about half way down Wulai Rd (silver street) on the left coming from the moat.

Nice guy...His dog is really special too...All bark no bite..(like a lot of TV members :o )..

Richo Motorsports, yellow sign. But I didn't think he was a mechanic though, mostly the paintwork he does - powder coating, airbrushing e.g. - but he has some Thai mechanics due to his Harley dealership.

Nice guy...His dog is really special too...All bark no bite..(like a lot of TV members :D )..

Richo Motorsports, yellow sign. But I didn't think he was a mechanic though, mostly the paintwork he does - powder coating, airbrushing e.g. - but he has some Thai mechanics due to his Harley dealership.

Wrong.. He is a mechanic..and a dam_n good one at that.. :D

Where do you get your facts from ??

Or do you just invent these thoughts in your head ?? :o

Does he perhaps serve the best hamburger in CM?

Now that I have your attention, please settle down guys;

you are both talking the same thing based on different experiences.

Do either of you have a phone number for Richo Motorsports so that I may ask Rick if they do rice-burners (Honda, et al.) as well as Harley/Buell?

Tanks, tanks a lot...

The facts:

Richard Wilson at Richco Motorsports 081 030 8307

Richie, his father Mike, and myself at times, have been doing the wrenching while he has the new Thai mechanic, (Guy) attend Harley school.

Richie also runs a powdercoating business from the same shop, and Mike does custom painting out of his own shop on Moon Maung Rd.

P1P,

Would be a good idea to remove Joe's mobile number from this post as he doesn't give it out lightly (understandably, doesn't want people calling all hours moaning that their bike has broken and how can they fix it).

Whilst here, I'll just add to the post to hopefully pre-empt the CM rumour mill from spinning up to full force :o I am the "Jeff" referred to, originally I was a sleeping partner in Joe & Tom's business but rolled up my sleeves when Tom retired in March last year. Recently I have moved camps to Tony's Big Bikes. The ONE AND ONLY reason being to free up some time to do the things I came here for in the first place - ride bikes and have quality time with family and friends. There has definitely been no fallout, no dodgy business dealings e.t.c and myself, Joe and indeed Tom remain firm friends.

Phew, just wanted to get that out of the way as we all know how bloody chinese whispers start in this town! I even got told that I had, and was still paying money to a former Thai wife that I had in the past - hells bells!

Cheers,

Pikey.

P1P,

Would be a good idea to remove Joe's mobile number from this post as he doesn't give it out lightly (understandably, doesn't want people calling all hours moaning that their bike has broken and how can they fix it).

Whilst here, I'll just add to the post to hopefully pre-empt the CM rumour mill from spinning up to full force :o I am the "Jeff" referred to, originally I was a sleeping partner in Joe & Tom's business but rolled up my sleeves when Tom retired in March last year. Recently I have moved camps to Tony's Big Bikes. The ONE AND ONLY reason being to free up some time to do the things I came here for in the first place - ride bikes and have quality time with family and friends. There has definitely been no fallout, no dodgy business dealings e.t.c and myself, Joe and indeed Tom remain firm friends.

Phew, just wanted to get that out of the way as we all know how bloody chinese whispers start in this town! I even got told that I had, and was still paying money to a former Thai wife that I had in the past - hells bells!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Pikey, good to see you up on the board again. It's been a while since you posted last! Welcome back! To add to your post above, I spoke to Joe on Friday & he told me you had gone to pastures new. There was obviously nothing but good feeling there.

I have removed Joe's (outdated) mobile number from the pinned list and Bill's post above.

Thanks for the quick edit P1p - I'm sure Joe would like to have tweaked BB's nuts with a suitable size spanner if he knew his mobile number had been published :o (mind you, BB would probably have enjoyed the experience!).

The reason for my lack of posts was an awful web connection - I was using my phone at Joe's and at my house (no exchange in my village!). Tony's Big Bikes has ADSL so you may be hearing more from me in the future..... :D

BTW, any plans for another CM Speedway bash?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

Thanks for the quick edit P1p - I'm sure Joe would like to have tweaked BB's nuts with a suitable size spanner if he knew his mobile number had been published :D (mind you, BB would probably have enjoyed the experience!).

The reason for my lack of posts was an awful web connection - I was using my phone at Joe's and at my house (no exchange in my village!). Tony's Big Bikes has ADSL so you may be hearing more from me in the future..... :D

BTW, any plans for another CM Speedway bash?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Was that a bash or crash.???...Blinky ??? :o

post-31110-1202636180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austhaied

I have removed Joe's (outdated) mobile number from . . . Bill's post above.

Some number still appears in his post as if it is Joe's. But perhaps you changed it rather than remove it?

BTW, I'd be down for some laps at the track . . .

Edited by Rasseru

I have had a lot of trouble finding a good mechanic for a long time in Chiang Mai. Finally I was recommended "Ball Bike". It didn't sound assuring, and to see it, it didn't look assuring. But the guy (thai guy that speaks English) is good. Joe "doesn't work on 2 strokes". Everyone else charged me money and didn't get it running right. This guy had it figured out in no time. He does a lot of "big bike" work and is pretty cheap and really knows his stuff including what is compatible with what, which is the name of the game in Thailand big bikes.

Anyways, he is on the superhighway just east of Tesco on the other side of the highway. So if you are driving East, you pass Tesco (on your Right), then you get over to the left as if you are gonna U-turn under the bridge (just before the bridge obviously). He has a messy little Thai shop on the left just before you get to the turn around under the bridge. He has a crappy sign on the roof that says ball bike. If you are not clear about the instructions, check with the motocross shop on the inside of the moat, at the North East corner of the old city. They recommended him to me originally and I am so happy. Other mechanics drove me crazy for about 2 years before finding him!