Gym - Cherngtaly/surin Area

SurferBob

Hi all..

Anybody know a decent gym... up near Cherngtalay, Surin or elsewhere fairly close?

Trying to get back in shape after breaking my hand last year. Am looking to do mostly cardio work, a few light weights and some swimming if there's a pool.

Cheers,

//Bob

There was a gym in Kamala, on the left hand side after the first small petrol station before you get into the main part of Kamala. Was ok, equipment was old but in ok condition, had some cadio machines, swiss balls, pretty basic. There is a small gym opposite the new tesco lotus in cheong talay. I never used it but saw a few western people going in there from time to time.

A decent lap pool is the hardest to find, maybe there are some hotel gyms that offer outside memebrships in laguna?

There was a gym in Kamala, on the left hand side after the first small petrol station before you get into the main part of Kamala. Was ok, equipment was old but in ok condition, had some cadio machines, swiss balls, pretty basic. There is a small gym opposite the new tesco lotus in cheong talay. I never used it but saw a few western people going in there from time to time.

A decent lap pool is the hardest to find, maybe there are some hotel gyms that offer outside memebrships in laguna?

Nice one.. I'll check these out this week - thanks a lot for the info! :o

Cheers,

//Bob

Yes there is the small gym on the main road in Cherngtalay but pretty sure they don't have any cardio equipment just weights. We tend to use the gym at laguna beach resort which is always extremely quiet, 1 bike, 1 treadmill, 1 xtrainer and weights. Baht 350 for non resident to use !

Yes there is the small gym on the main road in Cherngtalay but pretty sure they don't have any cardio equipment just weights. We tend to use the gym at laguna beach resort which is always extremely quiet, 1 bike, 1 treadmill, 1 xtrainer and weights. Baht 350 for non resident to use !

Thanks for the info GraemeF.

I go running down the Laguna most days, so I'll try to find and check it out. It does sound a bit expensive 350baht for a session, as I'd like to train a few times a week. Ideally I'd like join as member somewhere. Still it's better than nothing and is on my doorstep, almost!

Cheers,

//Bob

They maybe able to do a membership deal, we just do pay as you go as only in phuket once every couple of months

Hey Bob, how did you get on ? Im looking for something myself in the Surin area. Also prefer a hotel style membership so I can use the facilities.

Looked at Twin Palms but a bit overpriced for a below average gym, not worth the 3,000 baht per month ! Great if you want to eat there everyday, the memberships are more geared towards discounts in the restaurants, with a buch of useless vouchers thrown in. :o

They maybe able to do a membership deal, we just do pay as you go as only in phuket once every couple of months

Hey Bob, how did you get on ? Im looking for something myself in the Surin area. Also prefer a hotel style membership so I can use the facilities.

Looked at Twin Palms but a bit overpriced for a below average gym, not worth the 3,000 baht per month ! Great if you want to eat there everyday, the memberships are more geared towards discounts in the restaurants, with a buch of useless vouchers thrown in. :o

I've still not found one that suits, but haven't had much free time to go looking over the last week.

Have found a decent Tai Chi instructor though, so have descided to do that for now along with my long distance running!

Cheers,

//Bob

Club Lersuang, at the end of Bang Tao towards Surin is a great gym, filled with various types of equipment. And a pool outside, jacuzzi inside, etc.

That sounds good, not too far either... I'll check it out - any idea on membership costs?

Cheers,

//Bob

• Like 1