Automotiv Parts

tuktukmike

Hi All

I wonder if some of you out there in Bangkok can help.

I understand there is a district in Bangkok that sells nothing but car parts and accesories.

You are i am told able to buy anything that you could want, also i need to find things like rubber insulated loom clips, brake parts and tools ie welders, tool boxes, spanners, socket sets, mig welders, etc etc.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm not posting a helpful response but am in somewhat a simillar position as yours. Looking for auto parts store that carries hoses, filters and other accesaries for DIY geeks.

Just got a second hand 96 Accord (this is my first vehicle) and the first thing I want to do is change the oil. Pretty basic stuff. Where do I get the oil filter?

Any help appreciated.

I noticed years ago in Chinatown that there would be one soi full of shops selling nothing but tyres, another soi nothing but printing shops, another selling only used car engines and components etc, etc. Maybe worth a try.

Or,

Just before Future Park Rangsit, on the left hand side on Phaholyothin Rd, there's perhaps 20 shops all in a row selling car accesories from batteries to roll bars, spot lamps to car stereo systems etc. All pretty universal fitting stuff I know but perhaps can find things like plugs and filters there.

I've been trying to get a battery tender for my bikes for a couple of years now. Even the shops that deal with just batteries don't even seem to have battery chargers for sale. They do have big multi-batt. chargers for their own use, but they just don't seem to sell the smaller ones for some reason.

You want to go to the Yaak Worachak area, the intersection of Lan Luang and Worachak road. Wall to wall auto parts there. Also, Banthathong Road not to far frm Hualomphong. One more place with tons of hardware and car stuff is Klongthom center, near Worachak. If you can't find it at Worachak it doesn't exist...

> I want to do is change the oil. Pretty basic stuff. Where do

> I get the oil filter?

Any gas station? And while you're there, they also do it for you in about 10 minutes while you veg in an airconditioned waiting room and read magazines featuring scantly clad ladies on pickup-trucks.

In other words: Unless car mechanic-ing is a major hobby for you, why bother? I did the oil change and (air) filter cleaning and other standard 5000-km-stuff yesterday for about 500 baht. Even if you would save 50 baht by doing it yourself, is that worth it?

Same with washing the car.. I mean who's bothering with that if you can get it done for 50 baht?

I didn't move to Thailand to be changing my own oil! :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

qualtrough has given some good suggestions. One of those places stays open all night on Saturday l think. A lot of the parts for sale there may have an interesting history though.

If you want somewhere closer to where you live then just ask the local moto drivers. One of them will know where all the local spare parts places congregate. If you have some tents nearby then ask there, they usually do all the servicing on the cars they sell so they will know somewhere close by for spare parts.

Try looking in one of the auto trader magazines available at any newsagent/bookshop. There's one called Car Weekly, 60 baht, 300+ pages which as well as all the cars for sale has adverts for all kinds of aftermarket parts and accessories.

As Chanchao says, with the cost of labor so low you have to be really keen to do even basic servicing yourself unless you can find a nice air-conditioned workshop. Still wash my own car though.

You need to look for "Chiengkong", there are 3 in BKK (possibly 4).

These are huge areas, almost like a small village with nothing but car parts.

For body panels, front cuts "Chiengkong" at Bang Na

But the best selection of everything (Mag wheels, engines, everything except body panels) is just behind MBK shopping centre,next to Chula university. From memory you can head for Chula soi 3 or 4, that will take you into the middle of it. Well worth a look, quite amazing whats available there, and the sheer scale of it. Your mrs would probably not find it a fun day out though, walking round a scrapyard in the heat.

Cheers,

INTJ

In other words: Unless car mechanic-ing is a major hobby for you, why bother? I did the oil change and (air) filter cleaning and other standard 5000-km-stuff yesterday for about 500 baht. Even if you would save 50 baht by doing it yourself, is that worth it?

Same with washing the car.. I mean who's bothering with that if you can get it done for 50 baht?

I didn't move to Thailand to be changing my own oil! :o

The oil change is the first thing, hopefully not many more after that. Just wanted information on locations for parts which I got from most of the members that replied. Thanks.

It's not just about saving money but I'm not complaining if I do. And I don't think anyone came here to change their oil, more likely to get oiled up. :D

We provide a broad range of quality parts for..Japanese cars, trucks and mo torcycles ideally suited to the safety and comfort requirements of the auto motive industry.

Our products cover a range of needs for the automotive industry. In additio n, we are continually widening our already product base through technologic al cooperation with other countries. Our products have consistently met the rigorous quality and safety demands required in the fiercely competitive d omestic auto industry.

Put our products to the test on your part or assembly

Through intelligent design, material development, engineering, top quality tooling and production and value-added support services. We are committed to growth as a world-class supplier...and committed to hel ping customers develop unique solutions to their challenges.

http://www.fit.co.th/

http://www.jgt.co.th/

http://www.fil.co.th/products.html

Thanks All.

I dont want to do oil changes or servicing,

I just need to source parts for build of vehicles, the main sort of things i am looking for are Loom Clips rubber insulated, Electric switches, Light assemblies , and other assosiated parts.

Thanks again and will try the thread supplied.