Hotels In Pattaya

clubman

Personally I recommend the Welcome Plaza- central and can walk to most anything! Great staff and prices are spot on!

I stayed there when I first went to Pattaya five years back, 600 a night then.

I still recommend it to people and their Jomtiem Beach location is great too, 1000 Baht for large seaview room.

I intend to stay in Pattaya for a month in Oct/Nov 2004

to see i I want to retire here.

pattaya does have an extraordinary reputation for farang murders & suicide... have you looked into those aspects whilst planning your retirement?

there are some naive ppl. who seem to think that pattaya is nothing more than a pleasant seaside town/city... when in truth it's more like Sodom & Gomorrah on sea...

anyway.. enjoy your visit & watch out for the roaming packs of katoeys :o

Can any ex pat tell me if they know what the following hotels are like in Pattaya

Woodlands Hotel / Resort

And

Loma Hotel

I intend to stay in Pattaya for a month in Oct/Nov 2004

to see i I want to retire here.

Thanks

Clubman :o

In answer to your question... The Loma.

I would avoid Woodlands as there are too many buldings and you won't be sure were you are staying.

Another option you can consider is; http://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

Same group.

Personally I recommend the Welcome Plaza- central and can walk to most anything! Great staff and prices are spot on!

The only thing that I did not like about the welcome plaza was the mattress were worn out. I changed rooms 3 times and each room had a worn out mattress.I know this is pattaya and the bouncing bg's have worn out just about every mattress in town. I had better luck at the pattaya centre hotel on soi 12.

Agree with the great staff at the welcome plaza. They saved me 500 baht per nite by telling me to cancel my room reservation through a hotel booking company that I used, and recheck in at the walk in rates.

I learned a valuable lesson on that trip. Only make reservations with the hotels themselves not through booking agencies. A lot of times the prices are double of what the hotels charge.

PKG

I lived three years in pattaya and never had a problem (and I didn't stay in my appartment during the nights)

Jomtien beach is very nice to stay , a lot calmer than the city.

It's not because you read that one farang is killed the place suddenly becomes dangerous.

And Nemesis what's the matter you have been robbed by a katoy or something? You better smell your own armpit.

Reasons for retiring to the Pattaya area :

Half the price of Phuket, as far as real estate is concerned.

Many expat-geared compounds - detached houses wihtin a walled community, complete with clubhouse, swimming pool, mini-mart for rainy days.

The entire area is also geared to tourism, so the things you thought you mmight miss from back home are freely available (bad as well as good :D )

Possibility of living a Thai life-style if you wish, or an expatriate life-style, or combining both.

Golf courses abound, if you're in to that sort of thing, as well as many other organised activities that suit expats.

At least one place with good music (Tahitian Queen - sorry DaveT :D ).

Retsaurants serving food from all over the world - cooked Thai-style. :o

A local population that accepts you for what you are - a moderate income farang. I am obviously not talking about the bar-scene, but all the other services that make up most of your daily life. The people are friendly and speak a moderate amount of English, so, the language barrier is just a minor problem. Not the way it is up-country.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't live anywhere else.