Renewal Work Permit

Hi,

I run my own business here with a Co.,Ltd. and have a Thai wife Visa which will expire in March. Now I prepare for the new one year Thai wife Visa and after this I need to extend my work permit.

What do I need to get my work permit extended for another year? Is the new one year Thai wife Visa enough or do I need any more supporting documents?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day

Expect you will have to extend once for the 30 day under review period and then again when the extension for one year is made. Would guess (have never done it) that you will need full set of whatever documents Labor Department required the last time.

Expect you will have to extend once for the 30 day under review period and then again when the extension for one year is made. Would guess (have never done it) that you will need full set of whatever documents Labor Department required the last time.

Thank you for your reply. But with the same set of documents like last time I will have a problem, becuase there have been several changes, due to poor business I don't have 4 Thai employees anymore, instead I have just 2 and my salary is lower then before, but still above 50,000 THB.

When I got the work permit I had 4 employees and a registered company capital of 2 Mio THB in order to get my working permit, but I haven't been married in this time.

I heard that if you are married it will change to 1 Mio THB company capital and 2 employees, but I don't know where to apply, if I need to apply or how to do.

I'm happy for any information I can get regarding this.

.............. but I haven't been married in this time.

I heard that if you are married it will change to 1 Mio THB company capital and 2 employees, but I don't know where to apply, if I need to apply or how to do.

I'm happy for any information I can get regarding this.

From my own experience of many years ago..

If your original WP was issued before you were married then the best would be to cancel it now and apply for a new one based on the fact that you are now married. 1MB capital and no Thai employees required (but it is helpful if your wife is an employee). Do it now before your current permit to stay expires. Once you get a new WP extend your permit to stay based on marriage.

Note: this is my experience but please wait for the experts to provide up-to-date advise.

opalhort