The Nightlife Crackdown May Be Upon Us

Indo-Siam

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how empty is your life that you are worried about the bars and clubs closing early? so go out earlier or spend some time at home with your prostitute, she'll be fresher if you pick her out earlier in the night.

Wise words, monkeygirl.

Which places do you frequent to have such life experience and knowledge?

I think most of the drink/drunkeness problems in the UK are caused by outdated licensing laws where bars etc have to close at 11pm.... people "run" to the pubs and drink as many drinks as they can in the alloted time.... reducing the amount of time people are allowed (in Thailand) to drink will result with the same problems, especially amongst the heavy drinking tourists....  :o

totster  -_-

You mean bars close at 11:00 pm in England? :D:D:D:wub:

So much for that trip to London I was planning! :D

(BTW, here in NYC, most places stay open ..Hic...until 4:00 am....Hic...Hic.... :( )

You mean bars close at 11:00 pm in England?  :o  :D  :D  :D

Well most normal pubs have to close at 11.00 (+25 minutes "drinking up" time)... however some pubs ( mostly town/city centre ) can get special extensions to open until 12am or 1am, and the Nightclubs can normally stay open till 2am ( some can stay open later - like in London or another major city)

totster :D

Christ 11PM- the landlords I know just lock the door and they are off selling until most everyone leaves.

Same with Nana- lights go down and music is cut but business as usual. Ive been out to 3-4am. Ill believe it when I see it. :o

Totster- actually considering staggering the closing times in uk, they think closing everything at 11pm contributes to binge drinking! :D Might have a point...

Totster- actually considering staggering the closing times in uk, they think closing everything at 11pm contributes to binge drinking! :o Might have a point...

It most definately does.... let people drink when they want to drink, the British Police have a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights when the pubs kick out at 11.30pm and then again at 02.00am when the clubs kick out, staggering the closing is a good idea but why not just let the bars open when they want to...?

Christ 11PM- the landlords I know just lock the door and they are off selling until most everyone leaves.

Yeah I know a few places where I can a "late one", but where I live now the Police have really tightened down, but I used to live in a small village, the Landlord there would still be serving us at daylight... :D

totster :D

how empty is your life that you are worried about the bars and clubs closing early? so go out earlier or spend some time at home with your prostitute, she'll be fresher if you pick her out earlier in the night.

So everybody that stays out late is always with prostitutes ....? News to me.

spend some time at home with your prostitute, she'll be fresher if you pick her out earlier in the night.

One might want to go out and get another shorttimer after midnight.

Why else would anybody want to go anywhere late at night?

Oh, I forgot, addicts and other criminals are still awake after 12pm as well...

If they also enforce the proposed opening times there's not much chance of doing this either.

:o:D

Obviously not as empty as yours.

The whore won't be any fresher, they're open all hours! :D

I think most of the drink/drunkeness problems in the UK are caused by outdated licensing laws where bars etc have to close at 11pm.... people "run" to the pubs and drink as many drinks as they can in the alloted tim

N0, the drink /drunkeness problem in the Uk is due to the yob culture that has developed over the last few years.One can tinker aroun with licensing hours (and I agree this would help to some extent) but the root cause is the disgusting proletarian culture now dominating the UK.If you want a butchers closer to home have a look at the average UK expat living in Pattaya.

"the disgusting proletarian culture now dominating the UK"

When were you last in the UK boris ? Becuase when i was back a few months back I didn't see this dominating culture.

"If you want a butchers closer to home have a look at the average UK expat living in Pattaya."

I take it your german boris ?

They may be an element of d#@#head expat and tourist brits around, but generally we like girls who are out of high school, unlike a large % of germans 'living in pattaya'

On the subject, my obsevations are that 10 years ago Singapore closing times were much lower than thailand and are now up to 5am at some places. Percentage-wise tourism figures have risen much higher than Thailand over this period. Go figure. I think the same could be said for KL, though i don't those numbers.

I was in Pattaya this weekend, and it seemed to me that the nightlife was better than Bangkok. Later opening hours and quite a few bars the girls were dancing topless

I was in Singapore two weeks ago, and it seemed to me that the nightlife was better than Bangkok. Later opening hours but no girls dancing topless :o

PS: @ danoco70. Saw your post only after typing, but guess it confirms what you say

I can confirm that the bars in Patong / Phuket were visited by the fun police and given their 12 / 1 AM notifications and a stern warning thet they were serious (for now)...

As far as I know ALL of Phuket Island is considered a entertainment zone... Correct ???

Also with Pian being Patongs newly re-elected mayor and with his well known Patong late night business activities and near total police control I cant see this being enforced for long..

I think most of the drink/drunkeness problems in the UK are caused by outdated licensing laws where bars etc have to close at 11pm.... people "run" to the pubs and drink as many drinks as they can in the alloted tim

N0, the drink /drunkeness problem in the Uk is due to the yob culture that has developed over the last few years. One can tinker aroun with licensing hours (and I agree this would help to some extent) but the root cause is the disgusting proletarian culture now dominating the UK.If you want a butchers closer to home have a look at the average UK expat living in Pattaya.

Do you honestly think that drunkeness was only invented in the last 5 years?

I fortunately just missed the hopelessly moronic UK laws where pubs opened for 2 hours at lunch then 4 hours in the evening. Pubs actually had pints lined up if they were near big offices / factories to save pouring time - the rush and crush time they called it.

That was real binge drinking - not just pouring it down your throat because you want to be drunk but drinking it fast because you only has a very limited time to do it in. You left the pub ok - because your body just had not enough time to absorb the alcohol - and were legless by the time you got home.

The UK now seems to be having a much more adult approach to it all and letting pubs and local councils decide from a broad band of times. Not just a lets close the city at midnight and have thousands of drunk people of the streets looking for the 3 remaining taxis because its now raining attitude.

You demean the Proletarian culture then you say " take a butchers..." Hmmm.

Thailands attitude? Lets double the amount of tourists by restricting bar hours, shopping malls, cinemas ( anyone know if they are included if they are in shopping malls? ) - my arse.

jesus, you guyys soun dlike you've been in prison for 20 years and found yourself drop planted in" th Eroginious Zone"...

just slosh out of the bar you happen to be in... find a taxi... and say "Piss please", after the obliglatory, Huh, say "I want Wine, women and Song... " and "Click Click you're in the best little whore house in Kansas">>>