The Nightlife Crackdown May Be Upon Us

Indo-Siam

In Sukhumvits Sois 22 and 33 the filth are there before 12.00 destroying the atmosphere before chucking you out. This area has almost completely died.

In 22's Queens Plaza now even at weelends they are there at 12.00 on the nail badgering, and not leaving until it's banged up. Oh except one brownie who seems to think its ok to turn up whenever he feels like it at 9-10.00 fully armed with gun and metal clips on his heels scratching the newly laid floor, cadging free drinks and free pool. Ruining the atmosphere so that everyone leaves and goes elsewhere. Maybe this is his ploy to make it easier when he arrives two hours later to sling whoever's left, out.

The social order to which we can thank for all this cobblers appears to be paying more attention to farang owned businesses (bars) than to areas like RCA that encourage "youngster" drinkers to stay out all night racing their scooters round the streets. RCA has become a ghost town now so I wonder where they have all gone.

It is all related to the great Toxin plan, including raising the anti for 'quality' tourists, making working here more difficult to impossible ( unless under the protection of one of America's giant corporates) closing down 'undisirable' business ventures, and controlling all forms of media. Toxin, although a toe rag in the Bush empire is a big daddy (rather than a big brother) here. After the corporates have taken their large slice out of the Thai GDP, toxin and his selective family want everything else. So far he is doing rather well at achieving this aim.

So the motto soon will be: excepting businessmen directed via your embassy, you are welcome as a qualified tourist so long as you accept our direction on how you dispose of your holiday funds and don't overstay your welcome. Don't come back until you have enough to make it worth OUR while.

The only good thing to come from all this is that this stack of cards will fall very soon. Pity no-one will be left to re-establish the fallen economy.

Teach

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe Samut Prac.is still a special ents Zone..never minding the fact that there is only about nil Non thai bars knocking around the place (excluding Hooters and the little gin joint I passed near the junction on last visit.)

Anyway at least its CHEAP :o

It will be interesting to see where Toxin expects to find these 20m tourists, and what the bloody ###### will be on offer. Temples, National parks, Floating markets, uneven broken sidewalks, open sewage drains, unusable ped xings, unroadworthy drunken taxi drivers, toxic fumes for air, exposed overhead ( underhead if you are over 5ft 10in) power cables, rabid dogs, rabid rats, bird flu, cat flu, food poisoning, inflated prices for naff quality, the list goes on.

I can see it now, Bangkok the Hub to........ Burma, Laos, Cambo, Vietnam

The best way to attract a wary animal is not with a stick!!!!!!!!

Teach

I was out last night and spoke to a Bar owner in one of the popular parts. I won't be too specific. He said that he was not sure of what would happen next month. Most of the girls I spoke to seemed pretty down beat about it all. Personally I never really stay out beyond 12.30 and don't much care for the drink; but even I would find a 12 am closing a real put off. I seems that one would be better off having a couple of days in Pattaya every month, at least there things have yet to be destroyed. Unless you care for Patpong.

Are there any old Aussies here - who can remember the six o'clock swill?

When the bars were only open until six p.m. and everyone threw down all they could manage on the way home from work.

UK got the message a few years back, as far as I am aware, with variable opening hours within certain (generous) limits. maybe Tony B liar has put an end to that, together with fox-hunting.

There will always be a way for those tourists who came here for booze / sex to find same, but it will be in a sleazier environment, with higher prices.

Remember that the tourists that Tocsin wants here are not the guys from Oz or Europe, or even the US. They are the coach-loads of Korean, Chinese, Japanese and taiwanese that pay in advance to the big hotels and tour operators. they don't srend much money in LOS - so the small businesses, bg's, so on do not consider them. But they put money in the fat cats pockets.

just slosh out of the bar you happen to be in...  find a taxi...    and say "Piss please", after the obliglatory, Huh, say "I want Wine, women and Song... " and "Click Click you're in the best little whore house in Kansas"

Not much good for those of us in Thailand but thanks anyway if I'm ever in Kansas..... :o