Firefox 3 Beta 3

Guest Reimar

For those of you who's using Firefox 3 Beta the latest Upgrade, the Beta 3 was launched today. To download click on Help and than Check for Updates!

Filesize is about 4.4 MByte

Cheers.

i just installed Minefield/3.0b4pre is it beta 4? built on 10th Feb 2008

Firefox 3 is just awesome... just the downside at the moment is extension compatibility issues...

That is the Beta version of the Beta 4 Version! get confused? It's a Beta of the Beta!

Cheers.

For those of you who's using Firefox 3 Beta the latest Upgrade, the Beta 3 was launched today. To download click on Help and than Check for Updates!

Filesize is about 4.4 MByte

Cheers.

Hmm.

I read this and thought "Good idea - let's go see what Beta 3 is like".

But when I went to Help, instead of "Check for Updates", it said "Downloading Firefox 3 Beta 3..." - turns out that in Options/Advanced/Update, Auto Update is turned on.

Ah well, since I was going to try it anyhow... but normally I am not a fan of auto updating without at least being alerted...

On the update point, my Firefox 2.0.0.12 has been very unpredictable with some Web 2.0 style sites, such as yahoo mail, with the session just failing, usually when logging out and whilst active in another tab. Hope FF3 is better.

Regards

FF3 doesn't work at all with the new Yahoo! Mail, you'd need to revert to the old one...they're blaming Yahoo :o

Latest Opera doesn't work with Yahoo Mail, too, but beta, 9.50, does relatively well. They all blame Yahoo for not testing their jascripts on alternative browsers.

Lots of Firefox addons don't work with 3.0 betas, and without them FF is not nearly as attractive. No problem for Opera, though.