I Love Kat!

Pepe'

For the record, none of my comments are fabricated. They are all visible on the previous thread. I will let other people read as they see fit. The only comment not on the other thread was about your difficuly with making friends with Thai women. This can be referenced below, on the complete thread link or a couple of extracts for convenience. I appreciate I said I wouldn't post further, but sometimes clarifications are needed. :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...153014&st=0

Friendship Between Thai And Western Women - Experiences? by Kat

This is something that is important for a lot of people in Thailand, and especially women! For many if not most Western women, female friendship is very important. I would say that is true for all women, but that would be too general, because culture defines so many of the conditions of what is considered proper, normal, and even desirable. In a foreign country that is very male defined, that can exacerbate the experience of isolation for many foreign women.

How did you overcome this, or not?

I'd like to trade our experiences and observations about friendship between foreign women and Thai women in LOS. It would be interesting to hear it from all angles, including the Thai angle, the positive, the negative, the neutral. I'd just like to hear about our experiences, and collectivize them.

How has your experience of friendship been defined in LOS as a Western woman, or as a Thai woman with Western female friends?

Well, during my first couple of years there, I would've loved to find female friends like you, but it didn't happen. I found one promising person in the same UN office (another woman who trained me on the tech application), but I found it hard to maintain consistent contact with the cool Thai women I did find.

Oh well.

Thanks for your comments, rainx. It sheds light on why it is indeed so difficult. I think there is a growing category of people like you, who are more like Westerners in their thinking, but Thai as well. It was my hope to find a good Thai female friend like you, but it was very difficult. In my girl group, we were English, American, Filipina, and French. There was one mixed Thai-American woman from the states, who relocated like you, but she returned to the states to go to school.

You know, if I wasn't certain, it would appear to me that you are actually stalking Kat. If you find her opinions so hard to handle then may I suggest putting her on ignore but to come into a thread, hijack it with your own agenda, state that you won't be heard from again and then come back yet again with the above post does seem a tad obssessive to me.

And inflammatory as well as aggressive.

It could even smack of trolling. Something I frown upon mightily.

And in light of the development this thread has taken thanks to your posts

///CLOSED///