Kazaa

h90

hi'

kazzaa is not only dangerous, it's completly illegal now ...

but, it's the best way to put a machine down :D

better go for torrent files ...

look for ABC (yet another torrent prog), and look for torrents server, it's alright, and a lot safer :o

cheers

francois

Once boasting over 30 million users, Kazaa is now down to about 16 million, according to research firm ComScore Media Metrix. WinMX users have dropped from a high of 6.8 million down to 6 million this May.

Have users really reformed? Not really: Many are flocking to smaller P-to-P networks like BitTorrent, EDonkey, and EMule. According to ComScore, BitTorrent nearly doubled in users, from about 200,000 to more than 400,000 between November 2003 and May 2004; EMule grew from under 100,000 users in February 2003 to nearly 300,000 a year later. EDonkey, which ComScore did not track in its survey, has made even bigger gains.

PC World

thanks for all that input!

I tried also BitTorrent, but my problem is, if I download one file from somewhere, the speed is OK, but when I try to use Kazaa - Lite or BitTorrent, with a lot of files at the same time so there is no risk that the file is not available. I get download rates all files together maybe 2-3 K mostly less. Even in the middle of the night.

I am using True Broadband (DSL). Is it slowed down :D ?

Are there settings so I can get a little bit more out of that? :o

Any input would be wounderfull.

thanks for all that input!

I tried also BitTorrent, but my problem is, if I download one file from somewhere, the speed is OK, but when I try to use Kazaa - Lite or BitTorrent, with a lot of files at the same time so there is no risk that the file is not available. I get download rates all files together maybe 2-3 K mostly less. Even in the middle of the night.

I am using True Broadband (DSL). Is it slowed down :D ?

Are there settings so I can get a little bit more out of that? :o

Any input would be wounderfull.

These p2p networks rely on some machines allowing other to connect to each other by routing the traffic through these machines. This can chew up some bandwidth. Kazza called these machines 'supernodes', winmx calls it a primary connection. I don't know what any others call it but check to see if your machine is set up as one. The software tends to urge you to use the connection if you have broadband or faster, but don't.

Another point is that each file transfer requires a bit of bandwidth to manage the transfer and, if the transfer uses TCP (which I think they do) then multiple concurrent transfers will tend to use a bit more bandwidth per file than one at a time. However, 3-4k sounds a bit excessive, even for a large amount of files, though not knowing the ins and outs of the transfer mechanism I couldn't comment accurately.

Dickie,

thanks, checked that, I am not supernode!

I think there is a network issue that does not let me connect! I use KaNAT now. It improves the situation but still very bad.

Yesterday I could force my DSL-500G ADSL Router to work as bridge instead and it made it better. But for any reason today I can not run it as bridge.

Also it was already late yesterday, so I am not sure if the better result came from the time instead of the hardware. But it boosts to 25kbit while before there were only 0.25.

So maybe there is something on that....

Some light on that!

when I change my login from truehisp to true2m (pay extra). I really get downloads like they should be 50 and more K.

So that means. if you pay extra you get a "normal" internet.

So either you pay per hour or you have someone who opens the channel for you for a small donation either you get blocked

:o

i'm just learning by the day about this, but I have Hi-Net, with CAT as ISP (same as TRUE, right) and they block ports, and you get low bit-torrent speeds.

the effect is that i'm getting bad download speeds too, and loads of downloads are failing, and eMule servers are blacklisting me, etc, etc, moan, moan... i'm going to try and upgrade to JI-Net tomorrow!!

Kazza is good, but I use it on a machine I could care less about. Only use it for downloads. Swamped with spyware, but no problem if you use a dedicated machine for this and this only.

Bearshare- used it years ago I had a problem finding stuff so I switched to morpheus, kazza and the defunk napster.

with Kazaa you can help yourself with vlc.

The best media-player I ever had. You can download just 4-5MB and look at the movie, also during the download and you see if it is OK.

If someone just cuts the end away it will not help you but if it is a total different movie you see hmmm if using true broadband and check after 5 MB hmmm after 24 hours you can have 5 MB and check :o

I'm quite happy with eMule, a client for the eDonkey network. :o

Seems to work okay with True, I usually get around 30kb/sec to 40kb/sec download speed, sometimes more, seldom less, but I do tend to download lots of files at the same time and stay connected 24 hours.

Downloading single files will probably be slower, for me one file by itself seldom gets more than 10kb/sec.

Withnail, I'm talking about 30kb/sec to 40kb/sec combined download speed of all files. For example at the moment I have 56 files in my download queue, and 11 files are currently downloading, giving me a combined download speed of 21kb/sec. Each file being downloaded only gets like 2kb/sec each. Not great, but I had to disconnect a while ago and it takes some time to reach faster speeds again.

H90, sorry, no idea, I gave up on Kazaa a long time ago. :o

TomF

thanks, I get the point! I give emule a try now!

Is there any way you can add friends.?

You know what I mean. Having here a couple of friends in Thailand and add each other?

For example I let it run day and night. And you download a file which I have also on the computer and wow you suck it down with 100K :D because inside Thailand (OK call me a dreamer :o )

But there is a "add friend" funktion.

If that is possible we should start a threat to everyone add each other, most probably the taste of movies and music or Ebooks is simillar.