Where Can You Get A Decent Steak In Bangkok

anaorak

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Sizzler's at Siam Center, next to Paragon. Their sirloin or NY steak is baht 595, including tax and service charge if I remember correctly. Salad bar/soup/dessert buffet also included. I tell them no house or mushroom sauce, no pepper/salt/other seasoning. Just put the steak on the fire. Drinks are extra.

I've also been to Outback Steakhouse at Siam Discovery on other side of Siam Center. Price is also baht 595 but exclusive of tax/sv, no salad bar, no drink.

I prefer Sizzler's, but others here will probably trash that chain/restaurant because it caters to youngish, local Thais (on weekend evenings, usually packed and one has to wait for a table) and is not a mod or upscale eatery. But it satisfies my craving for steaks.

neil´s tavern has some of the best steaks, just about your price range...

it´s on soi ruamrudee.

http://www.neil.co.th/restaurant.html

It's just the best in Bangkok IMHO. If you come from Rama 4 turn in to the Wireless Road (Thanon Withayu) and after pass the Lumpini Police Station turn to right at the Traffic signal. Just app 100 m inside that Soi Ruamrudee on the left side is Neils Tavern but look closly because easy to loose the entree!

Cheers. 

neil´s tavern has some of the best steaks, just about your price range...

it´s on soi ruamrudee.

http://www.neil.co.th/restaurant.html

It's just the best in Bangkok IMHO. If you come from Rama 4 turn in to the Wireless Road (Thanon Withayu) and after pass the Lumpini Police Station turn to right at the Traffic signal. Just app 100 m inside that Soi Ruamrudee on the left side is Neils Tavern but look closly because easy to loose the entree!

Cheers.

Neils Tavern is excellent but can the OP get his Steak meal for 800thb in there?

By the way, they have a nice little bakeshop that sells beef pies, pastries and Neils Italian Salad Dressing.mmmm

<br />
neil´s tavern has some of the best steaks, just about your price range...<br /><br />it´s on soi ruamrudee.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.neil.co.th/restaurant.html" target="_blank">http://www.neil.co.th/restaurant.html</a>
<br />It's just the best in Bangkok IMHO. If you come from Rama 4 turn in to the Wireless Road (Thanon Withayu) and after pass the Lumpini Police Station turn to right at the Traffic signal. Just app 100 m inside that Soi Ruamrudee on the left side is Neils Tavern but look closly because easy to loose the entree!<br /><br />Cheers. <br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Is that anywhere near Mabun Krong shopping centre???

Livingstone's or Tenderloins, both in Sukhumvit Soi 33, do a good steak for within your budget.

I'd agree with that. Both good places, that I enjoy going to.

Chockchai has been mentioned, but although the steaks are pretty good, the vegetables in my opinion are truly awful as they are clearly frozen.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want the best, there's a fairly new restaurant at the hilton millenium, i havent been there but my discerning friends all say its the best in town... places i have been to that are still expensive, but the top of the charts in bangkok are FirePlace grill at the Holiday Inn near Gaysorn Plaza, also vertigo at banyan tree is great..

• 1 year later...

One of the best steaks in Bkk is gota be THe New York Steak House. Very pricey, a little stiff on the ambieance (so dont have too many vino's) but the steaks are good & service exceptional.

For the best value on a budget, Sizzlers & Choc Chais great.

Mitzus in Patong, great for ambiance & nestalgia, great steaks, and the rest pf the menu is very good.

Also went to Neils Tavern recently. No where as good as it used to be. Had the mixed grill for 875 Baht. Got 15 french fries, yep could count them too, the beef, porl loin & 3 strips of chicken breast weighed about 60g each, was served with some corn kernals & a side salad with only cabage & tomatoes. No lettuce to be found any where. Also, you have ask for the gravy. , expensive and stingy on the plate, had to go the burgerking later that night.

Cheers

ChokChai for 295 baht for the best steak in Thailand. Get the prime rib steak. Get the medium, not dry aged. None of the placed above compare to ChokChai.

I go there at leat once a week. Do not waste you money on an 800 baht piece of leather!

http://www.farmchokchai.com/en/steakhouse/default.asp

I was quite anxious to try Chokchai. We went a couple of weeks ago. I got one of there most expensive steaks. While not bad, it certainly was disappointing.

Quite a number of years ago there was an open air German Steak House and bakery (called the International Steak House if I remember) on Soi 23 near on opposite Soi Cowboy, by far the best Steak and German sausage I have had in Bangkok and very reasonable. Did great pig roasts, as well, once a week.

They moved to make way for 'progress', anyone know where? I was told Soi 7 but could not find em.

Landmark Hotel - never been there but saw the sign saying "Probably the Best Steak in Bangkok" haha

"..never been there" says it all. I've been there 2 times and the only thing that brings me back is the beautiful girls in their uniforms and someone else's credit card.

Places I go when I want a good steak...

Bacco (Near Thonglor) - Great Steaks, Aussie tenderloin (about 800 Baht)

Palazzo (Thonglor 19) - Great Steaks, Aussie tenderloin (about 800 Baht)

Beccofino (Thonglor) - Great Steaks, Aussie tenderloin (about 800-1000 Baht)

L'Opera (Sukhumvit 39) - Best Steak, Again Aussie (Tenderloin, Rib Eye Or T Bone - 800-1200 Baht)

Tenderloins (Sukhumvit 33) - OK Steak (Aussie steaks - +/- 600 baht)

New York Steak House (JW Marriot) - All types, Very over priced, service is too over the top.

Chok Chai steaks - I don't find them up to scratch, often a little too much gristle and slightly too chewy for my liking.

I like the Aussie steaks here, I believe they represent the best value for quality of meat.

For ordering, I've noticed that the steaks are often undercooked compared to request. i.e. If I like a steak medium, I will ask for it to be cooked medium well. If you like it welldone, ask for it very welldone !

Edited by richard_smith237

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with Tenderloins on Sukhumvit Soi 33. I've tried a few of their steaks but like the tenderloin from Argentina the best (better than the one from Australia IMHO). Price around 800 baht includes salad, a decent roll and your choice of potato or vegatables. Good wine list too (I always go with the house wines which are better than most house wines). Great service from friendly girls and the managers are very nice too. It's actually a combination sports bar and steakhouse. Have '2 for 1' drinks all night every Tuesday (anything you want, beer / wine / whiskey).

Landmark Hotel - never been there but saw the sign saying "Probably the Best Steak in Bangkok" haha

I've eaten there a couple of times and thought the steaks were excellent. It is expensive though.

When I popped into the place last month they were selling Wagyu fillet for 4000 baht. I can buy the same steak for a quarter of the price at my local steak house in Samui. Had to content myself with a G&T at 400 baht. Criminal markups....no wonder the restaurant was empty!

Oh and thats just the steak folks...potato and salad/veg extra if you can afford it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've eaten there a couple of times and thought the steaks were excellent. It is expensive though.

When I popped into the place last month they were selling Wagyu fillet for 4000 baht. I can buy the same steak for a quarter of the price at my local steak house in Samui. Had to content myself with a G&T at 400 baht. Criminal markups....no wonder the restaurant was empty!

Oh and thats just the steak folks...potato and salad/veg extra if you can afford it. :)

That sucks out loud.

Central Plaza Rama 2 has steak house called Sante Fe, If I remember right, on the 4th floor. Good steaks. They even have an Ostrich steak that is also good. I grade Sante Fe way above Sizzler. The wife and I were in another mall which I don't recall the name of, closer to Bangkok proper, and there is a Sante Fe there too, and it was as good as the rama 2 Central plaza location.

Hi All,

To date I have tried Outback Steak House @ Central Chitlom I think is the location, you know the big mall down Sukhumvit. Anyhow,was a bit pricey among standards in BKK, food poritons are very large. Also just tried the "Londoner", also a bit pricey 620-720 for a steak (but, kieep in mind it does come with a side or salad etc), I must mention the food portions here were very large (similiar to the states), ahh and the guiness does flow here as well.

Next stop Chok Chai, I have attempted twice as it seems quite popular amongst expats, however both times it has been raining, and could not find it. It's along Soi 23 somwehere, so I have been told : )

Next stop Chok Chai, I have attempted twice as it seems quite popular amongst expats, however both times it has been raining, and could not find it. It's along Soi 23 somwehere, so I have been told : )

It's in Prasanmitr Plaza in Soi 23, opposite the Crossbar Pub and the Sino Thai Building. Similar prices to what you've seen at the other establishments (for the imported steaks).

It's in Prasanmitr Plaza in Soi 23, opposite the Crossbar Pub and the Sino Thai Building. Similar prices to what you've seen at the other establishments (for the imported steaks).

Thnx, Will stop in for a bite this weekend.