Fitness First

percy2

No Fitness First members here?

Maybe that's something to consider in its self.

There website is under construction and after being harangued by the sales force of Califirnia Wow I'm a bit circumspect about exposing mysylef to the FF sales crew before I know the lay of the land.

Cheers

There website is under construction and after being harangued by the sales force of Califirnia Wow I'm a bit circumspect about exposing mysylef to the FF sales crew before I know the lay of the land.

Cheers

If you really want your intelligence to be insulted go to a FF outlet and ask the price. They firstly will want you to fill out a questionnaire and get your phone no. If they dont sign you up expect someone to be ring your relentlessly. I made the mistake of giving them my real no and yes they do not accept cash or debit card. I would never sign up with them their sales technique is quite offensive. Dont blame the sales staff they work on commission and have no idea how insulting their methods are.. Find a pool , find a park or a friend who has a gym at their place of residence.

Cheers

If you really want your intelligence to be insulted go to a FF outlet and ask the price. They firstly will want you to fill out a questionnaire and get your phone no. If they dont sign you up expect someone to be ring your relentlessly. I made the mistake of giving them my real no and yes they do not accept cash or debit card. I would never sign up with them their sales technique is quite offensive. Dont blame the sales staff they work on commission and have no idea how insulting their methods are.. Find a pool , find a park or a friend who has a gym at their place of residence.

Its a shame , there is one just across from where I live.

I'll probably just end up investing some more in my home gym.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers

I'll probably just end up investing some more in my home gym.

Probably not a bad idea actually. After much humming and hawing, I finally shelled out for a treadmill at home.

Good thing is I can get away with a day of not using it (too busy, hungover, etc), but seeing it there gets me using it the next day.

Now if I had to get dressed and go to a gym, it would probably be a different story. So, no regrets.

One of the only reasons I was thinking about joining a gym is I'm running out of weights.

I'm almost on the max of the multi gym and I already need some more free weights. There is a Sauna and swimming pool in the building. And I have a elliptical running machine.

The variety of equipment and hopefully fairly unlimited free weights are appealing.

Also I have know my equipment to be real good towel hangers for long periods.

Thanks for the answers.

It is enlightening that we have no members from TV that are members of FF.

Cheers

Currently 1,874 Baht per month per person for us. And yes, you can pay cash but you'll still need to give them your card info (I just provide a stateside checkcard from an account with minimal funds and no overdraft from my other accounts at the same bank... zero risk). Say if billing is on the 15th of each month, you just go to the counter and say 'advance for March' and you just pay cash in advance. They'll write up a receipt for you while you work out, takes about 30 seconds a month. The only inconvenience is that they no longer allow advances for the entire year, (which is silly as I'd assume it would fit right into the whole fitness club theory... that people don't actually work out that much over the long run) probably because of some software change.

:o

Thanks Heng.

B1,874 / person / month is pretty reasonable.

IS that for a family plan, If so how many people make up a / your family.(If you don't mind answering.

Making forward payment by cash difficult is crazy.

If anybody wants to do business with me please note I am more than happy to take cash in advance.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

gosh I made the mistake of going into the Fitness First in Korat today.

I too just wanted to know the price, but instead went through the whole sales pitch.

Forget the option of the 1 year because I refuse to use a credit card! Apparently a debit card with visa is no good (dont know if thats true though)

so would have to continue have to fork out membership fees every three months.

Oh but wait if you sign up today and give us some money you can pay 10,000 baht total for the next 3 months, instead of the extra 2000+ registration fee, the 3000 personal guidance session that I dont want or need! plus the rest of random costs that add up to a total 20,000 baht over the next 3 months.

When I mentioned well I would have to go talk to my wife first (normally a good excuse to try to use when getting bugged by a sales person)

and I would like to take some details to chew it over with her, the nice young salesman got in a huff and told me its FF policy to not let any of this info out.

I understand why because they don't want me to tell others what a rip-off they are.

For those that have money to burn go for it,

but I'm going to invest in my personal gym,

and go for a FREE SWIM at the mall showing "the mall" card.

Edited by AlbinoAsian

Well I've paid in cash for 2 x 1 year memberships at FF Qhouse Lumpini in April 07 and again in April 08. Just insist you don't have a credit card and they will eventually go away and get permission from a manager. Actually after fighting with them the first year there was no problem the second year.

You can also bargain with them. Try going back near the end of the month when they are supposed to meet their sales target. Be persistent and ask to speak to a different salesperson if you can - whoever you're dealing with won't want to lose their commission to another staff member. I went back 3 times but ended up with quite a discount this way.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I've paid in cash for 2 x 1 year memberships at FF Qhouse Lumpini in April 07 and again in April 08. Just insist you don't have a credit card and they will eventually go away and get permission from a manager. Actually after fighting with them the first year there was no problem the second year.

You can also bargain with them. Try going back near the end of the month when they are supposed to meet their sales target. Be persistent and ask to speak to a different salesperson if you can - whoever you're dealing with won't want to lose their commission to another staff member. I went back 3 times but ended up with quite a discount this way.

anyway you can say how much? just to save the unnecessary extra trips and salespeople? :o

Cheers

90% ogf gyms world wide do this. Its called follow up, surely you wouldn't expect your sales team to give up after a no right, regardless of what sales industry

Cheers

90% ogf gyms world wide do this. Its called follow up, surely you wouldn't expect your sales team to give up after a no right, regardless of what sales industry

I am well aware of follow up proceedures but when I got at least 6 phone calls ,all hours of the day , from different numbers all linked to FF I call that excessive and offensive. I know an employee and she told me that are there instructions. We all have different standards I guess

It's quite confusing as there isn't just a monthly payment. If there was i would have joined. You have to become a member which was either 3k or 10k and then pay a admin fee (for what i'm not sure) and then a monthly fee.

They do keep calling you too. Very annoying.

I may have been interested but they wrote down all the prices then wouldn't let me take it away to think about it.