What If We Arent In Thailand?

Hi there

Me and my Thai wife are living with my relatives in Peru and will be for approx another 3 years, I was just wandering will i have to come back to Thailand for her to apply for a UK Visa or will we be able to apply whislt in Peru at the British Embassey here?

Cheers guys

Chris

Your a star thanks Dr Pat will save that 36 hour flight back!!! just put a smile on my face :o

Just wandering will it be the same process as in Thailand? i have all the relevant documents translated already but because she´s Thai and not Peruvian will she find it even harder than in Thailand or is it straight accross the board same rules no matter what nationality?

The general principle is that an applicant should apply in either their home country or country of normal residence. As your wife will have lived in Peru for some time, and presumably has a residents permit, she is entitled to apply at the embassy in Lima. The same rules apply wherever she applies although the staff in Lima will be unused to dealing with applications from Thais and this my make life a little easier, although if you've been together for that length of time anyway there should be no difficulty in getting the visa even if she were to apply in Bangkok.

Scouse.

Hey chris

I live in Peru, too, but I'm thinking of going to Thailand for more than 30 days. After some research on the web I learned I need to apply for a tourist visa at a Thai consulate. The thing is, I can't find any Thai consulates in Peru. I was wondering if u knew where it's located or if there are any at all.

Hey chris

I live in Peru, too, but I'm thinking of going to Thailand for more than 30 days. After some research on the web I learned I need to apply for a tourist visa at a Thai consulate. The thing is, I can't find any Thai consulates in Peru. I was wondering if u knew where it's located or if there are any at all.

This will help

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1869.php?depcode=20100100

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1865.php

Louis

This is the address i was given a few years back not sure if its still the one worth trying though:

Mr Jamie Pardoescandon

Prolongacion Huancavelica

No. 1508

Apartado 10229

Ka Colonena

Lima

Hope its helpful if not going to ned to get in contact with one of the consulates in one of the neighbouring countries.

Cheers

Chris

Louis

This is the address i was given a few years back not sure if its still the one worth trying though:

Mr Jamie Pardoescandon

No. 1508

Apartado 10229

Ka Colonena

Lima

Hope its helpful if not going to ned to get in contact with one of the consulates in one of the neighbouring countries.

Cheers

Chris

As I understand it, a Peruvian has to apply for a Thai visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles. Applications by mail are accepted.

Louis

Mr Jamie Pardoescandon

No. 1508

Apartado 10229

Ka Colonena

Lima

Cheers

Chris

As I understand it, a Peruvian has to apply for a Thai visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles. Applications by mail are accepted.

I do not believe the poster is Peruvian as he did not say what nationality he was and citizens of Peru do not need a visa to visit Thailand for up to 90 days.

Louis

Mr Jamie Pardoescandon

No. 1508

Apartado 10229

Ka Colonena

Lima

Cheers

Chris

I do not believe the poster is Peruvian as he did not say what nationality he was and citizens of Peru do not need a visa to visit Thailand for up to 90 days.

He is actually a Brit Lop. The visa is for his Thai girlfriend to go to the UK.

Louis

Mr Jamie Pardoescandon

No. 1508

Apartado 10229

Ka Colonena

Lima

Cheers

Chris

He is actually a Brit Lop. The visa is for his Thai girlfriend to go to the UK.

louis0915? There are several posters with questions so you need a scorecard to keep it straight. :o

Hey Lop

The original post was by me for my Thai wife to come to the UK which Scouse and Dr Pat answered superbly for me. Thanks guys.

Then Luis wanted to know about coming to Thailand he is in fact a Peruvian, he only thought he got 30 days but im sure he would get 90 to just as my Thai wife gets here in Peru, think he needs to do more searching on the web.

Just out of curiousity, is the original posting for a tourist visa or a residence visa?

If it is for a tourist visa, you can apply at any consulate or embassy in the world with no need to clarify where you live. Why else is ther so many british backpackers in the Australian ambassy every day? :o

If it for a residence visa then scouser's response is valid.

Just out of curiousity, is the original posting for a tourist visa or a residence visa?

If it is for a tourist visa, you can apply at any consulate or embassy in the world with no need to clarify where you live. Why else is ther so many british backpackers in the Australian ambassy every day? :o

If it for a residence visa then scouser's response is valid.

Embassies and Consulates around the world have jurisdictional considerations in visa issuance matters. Stick to Scouse's advice.