Canadian Victim Of Room Theft In South Pattaya

Pattaya_Fox

Canadian victim of Room theft in South Pattaya.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sawai from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Regalhope Villas I on the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya early on Tuesday Morning to investigate a suspected robbery from an apartment. The Officer was met at the location by Khun Sutaerp aged 51 who was awoken by a loud noise coming from outside the apartment block. Upon inspection, it was determined that the noise was a room safe which had been thrown out of the window of one of the second floor apartments which was occupied by Mr. David James Theede aged 57 from Canada who was out at the time of the robbery. The safe was recovered by Police and was found to have been forced open. Personal documents were found inside and it is thought that other valuable items had been taken. The witness confirmed that he saw a Thai Man run away from the area who appeared to be dressed in cloths similar to that of a construction worker. Police are now investigating and are waiting for Mr. Theede who cannot be contacted at this time, to determine what exactly had been taken.

post-15964-1203423413_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1203423428_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1203423443_thumb.jpg

Pattaya City News

19-02-08

• 4 weeks later...

What I'm curious about, do you think these thieves pick their targets randomly?

I mean, do you suspect they have inside information that valubles are in this

particular residence or do they just judge that a foreigner lives there, it is a

relatively pricey accommodation and therefore most likely, something worth

taking is inside, so the risk outweighs the potential danger from breaking in?

I'm always cynical, but I'd suspect a female Thai 'friend' and a 'security man' may be involved too. Maybe the Canadian chap is away in Samui, or whereever, with the very same Thai 'friend' at this time...

It's horrible to be robbed and your possesions taken. I feel sorry for the guy. You've gotta be so careful here (Yes, anyd everywhere else in the World too, but this is a Thai forum not a Brazillian or elsewhere one).

Edited by jasreeve17

The witness confirmed that he saw a Thai Man run away from the area who appeared to be dressed in cloths similar to that of a construction worker.

a balaclava then ? :o

Very good Mr. k but not quite right, usually only the guys who weld wear a balaclava, usually with a cheap pair of sunglasses as an accessory, normal workers wear a long sleeve T shirt pulled over the top of the head and the arms tied around the neck, see if I'm not right :D

I know....... when you get to know stuff like this it just proves I've been here too long.