Looking For Attachable Back-hoe

matte

In the family we have a Kubota L3408. In Sweden it is possible to buy an attachable "back-hoe kit" to this size of tractor. Sweden is a really small market for this kind of thing so I actually believed that something similar could be found here. Nope. Have anybody out there any information that could be useful in my search?

grav.bmp

grav1.bmp

You do mean in Thailand don't you - this is not for Sweden is it?

I don't have but I know a man who does - you need to get down to Bangkok where you'll have no problem buying a 2nd hand backhoe for your tractor.

Like everything for sale in Bangkok you need to go to the "back hoe" dealers area - actualy the area in which all the hydraulic parts/ Hiab/ Palfinger and similar equipment is sold in - both new and 2nd hand.

Its' Vibhavadi-Rangsit-Chaengwattana area - along the Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd same side as the old international airport - Don Maung. The area starts just past the airport and stretches along the road out to the last big shopping centre on the right hand side - I think its called Rangsit shopping centre and is located just where the overhead tollroad drops back down to the ground level mainroad.

As this area is on the right hand side of the road as if you were heading out of Bangkok past Don Maung airport, it means you will have to drive out of Bangkok on the toll road, drive to the end of the toll road, get back down to ground level and drive along the main road for about 300 - 400meters, untill you get a chance to do a U-turn and come back towards Bangkok.

Now you must get off the main road at Rangsit shopping centre and drive on the slip road that runs along aside the main road (underneath the toll road) - stay on the slip road, not the actual main road.

Starting about 1/2 kilometer past Rangsit shopping centre all along the side of the slip road is a whole bunch of hydraulic equipment dealers - one after the other, theres about 30 or 40 of the guys who import used backhoes and hydraulic truck cranes from Korea and Japan. You'll see all the truck cranes, hydraulic hoes and lots of other equipment lined up alongside the road. Also worth driving around about 1 block back from the main road as some of the dealers are located behind the front buildings.

.... phew, what a mouthful that was, i hope I have explained it clearly enough!! .... anyway that is the area you need to go and check out. take a picture with you to show to the dealers - one of them is sure to have a backhoe for you that can be fitted to your L3408.

Now - if you want a new one go to Kubota - but I can tell you now, it is going to cost a lot of money! 2nd hand/used will do just as good I think.

Good luck

... and when you have purchased it, if you are up in the Loei area, you can bring to my workshop and we'll fix it to the tractor at my place - and if you need a truck to collect (or even dleiver the tractor and or backhoe from bangkok) let me know - I can hire you one with a hydraulic crane - but you'll have to come and collect the truck yourself or send one of your partners family members who you trust has an HD license. I'll PM you privately with hire rates if interested.

MF