How Many Tv Members Growing Rubber Trees

scotbeve

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most farmers start tapping at around 7 years, or when the tree is about 30 cm circumference at the bottom branch. If these trees are 8 years old and have been tapped since they were 4 years old. The trees will most likely not achieve their full potential, and will die young. They should live 30 years. Someone did post here that with 7 year old trees (I think) he was getting 4200 Baht per month profit per Rai. I wouldn't touch this offer.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone did post here that with 7 year old trees (I think) he was getting 4200 Baht per month profit per Rai. I wouldn't touch this offer.

What would make you not touch this offer, profit too low, or too high ?

How much is a reasonable income for 1 Rai ?

I hear so many different figures it's hard to actually get a guage on any figure at all.

My Missus has about 30 Rai at various stages of growth, 30 Rai of producing trees at todays prices would yield how much money per month ?

I have told her she won't get rich, but she won't be poor either.

Someone did post here that with 7 year old trees (I think) he was getting 4200 Baht per month profit per Rai. I wouldn't touch this offer.

I hear so many different figures it's hard to actually get a guage on any figure at all.

My Missus has about 30 Rai at various stages of growth, 30 Rai of producing trees at todays prices would yield how much money per month ?

Correct in one Maigo6... it will be a comfortable profit with 30 rai. Although 7r rai would be good profit...

Soory Magoi I was not pointing to the 4200 profit. I'll be happy if we get that. The guy posted about them tapping the trees at 4 years old. Having to replace trees etc... This is, from what the missus tells me, because they are tapping too young. As I previously said most people I know wait until the trees are around 7 years old.

Hi Guys

this topic has only just come to my attention. As yet, i didn't get much feedback, so wonder if i might be so bold as to ask you to look at my relevant topic here:

Rubber plantation for sale

Any input appreciated :)

Hi guys, just to follow up on this.................... and i've merged my splinter thread back to here as it fits well. I hope the OP ScotBeve doesn't object :D

thank you very much for your replies esp. Bosse 137

Sorry i haven't been back to updat in a while, i've been very busy here in the UK & I haven't as yet a great deal more to report. However i can tell you a bit more about it:

13 rai Chanoute 1200 trees 8 yrs old. 960 tapping, remainder are replacements.

No house.

60/40 split with tappers.

Allegedly grossing Bht 66,000 a month = 40,000 net

Age at 1st cut to be confirmed as is tree clone, fertilizer payments, & tapping pattern.

I am missing some of the original information as this was originally listed on Ebay. The original correspondence was there & I didn't think to print it off as it can be refered back to at Ebay, unless ofcourse there are no bids & the Ebay account is subsequently deleted!

It said original valuation 4.5 mil, bids over 3.5 (10% discount if paid in stirling). Starting price £25k

I've since had sporadic email correspondence with the English seller from 2 different email addresses.

I usually get only about 2/3rds of my questions answered.

So, price. 4.5 mil. to 3.5 mil. to now its 2.6 & he'll even throw in the pick-up on payments of 11k a month for an additional 150,000

I now await a phone call.(seller is in the UK now). I have LOTS of questions.............. with thanks to all the info gleaned from this thread.

I know what you're all going to say........... and the 1st letter is R & the 3rd & last is N!

Edited by Lancashirelad

Ask for a photo of the trees that are being tapped. I think from what I read at least a 30cm/1' diameter at the first branch is required. Practically all of the rubber comes from root stock, if that's what you mean by cloning. Sister in law recently sold 17 Rai of Nor Sor Sam with 10 year old trees for 1.4 million Baht. There were 1200 trees in production. Also about 50 palm.

Hi Guys

this topic has only just come to my attention. As yet, i didn't get much feedback, so wonder if i might be so bold as to ask you to look at my relevant topic here:

Rubber plantation for sale

Any input appreciated :)

Hi guys, just to follow up on this.................... and i've merged my splinter thread back to here as it fits well. I hope the OP ScotBeve doesn't object :D

thank you very much for your replies esp. Bosse 137

Sorry i haven't been back to updat in a while, i've been very busy here in the UK & I haven't as yet a great deal more to report. However i can tell you a bit more about it:

13 rai Chanoute 1200 trees 8 yrs old. 960 tapping, remainder are replacements.

No house.

60/40 split with tappers.

Allegedly grossing Bht 66,000 a month = 40,000 net

Age at 1st cut to be confirmed as is tree clone, fertilizer payments, & tapping pattern.

I am missing some of the original information as this was originally listed on Ebay. The original correspondence was there & I didn't think to print it off as it can be refered back to at Ebay, unless ofcourse there are no bids & the Ebay account is subsequently deleted!

It said original valuation 4.5 mil, bids over 3.5 (10% discount if paid in stirling). Starting price £25k

I've since had sporadic email correspondence with the English seller from 2 different email addresses.

I usually get only about 2/3rds of my questions answered.

So, price. 4.5 mil. to 3.5 mil. to now its 2.6 & he'll even throw in the pick-up on payments of 11k a month for an additional 150,000

I now await a phone call.(seller is in the UK now). I have LOTS of questions.............. with thanks to all the info gleaned from this thread.

I know what you're all going to say........... and the 1st letter is R & the 3rd & last is N!

Lancashirelad,

No problem with me about adding this thread here... I do have an important question though. What reason did they give you on why they had to replant 240 trees? This is rather important before you concider the purchase. Otherwise it's an okay deal.

• 1 year later...

Hi all growing rubber trees guys ,

here from Chanthaburi - Soi Dao , ready for tapping about 25 rai after dry season ,

about 60 more rai in one year ,

plus 27 rai in 2 years ,

plus 40 rai just to plant in may-june ,

and some lamyai for about 10 rai .

If someone close to me , may be we can meet .

Best regards all .

peeyai