Horror

elfe

Talk about inhumane conditions, but I guess for some people its just another form of meat, not man's best friend. Of course, given how people tend to treat each other is it any surprise poor dogs would get this?

Sorry, feeling cynical towards humans these days. Poor dogs.

The dog 'meat' boys are around our area a couple of times a week looking to buy or if nobody around to steal! It is utterly disgusting, pickups with decked cages as in the photo full of dogs of all shapes & sizes. The price; either a plastic pot or a small woven basket!

The dog 'meat' boys are around our area a couple of times a week looking to buy or if nobody around to steal! It is utterly disgusting, pickups with decked cages as in the photo full of dogs of all shapes & sizes. The price; either a plastic pot or a small woven basket!

The same where i live. You know when they are coming as the dogs start howling like wolves.

I have been told that the dogs that are "collected" from my area are eaten in Thailand. My mother handed over her dog last year. It was a very old and very manky thing that was probably not very healthy to eat. I am sure that dog is sold in many places without advertisement as it is much cheaper than beef of pork. If you have travelled anywhere in Issan i would say there is a chance you have eaten dog without knowing about it.

no nr, there aren't any words left anymore and i keep myself from saying what i think of these people. a dog means to them not more than sh*t

this is animal torture, the long transport in the unbearable heat, being crammed together tightly, the way of being slaughtered?

so this is a normal daily sight up there where no one even turns his head? i'm glad i'm not there, i would be in jail or dead already.

i wish there was more tourism in these areas, maybe then it would change with paying people being disgusted and protesting. or even some animal organizations would settle up there.

sheesh where is it that you live?

yes, pig and chicken transports are horror too. but does this make the dog meat trade less horrible?

chicken and pigs are bred and kept for meat. dogs usually not. they are used as guard dogs and sometimes as pets and friends, even here in thailand. and if they become a nuisance or are sick and old they are disposed of like that. this shows lack in ehtic and responsibility and the human nature.

chicken and pigs are bred and kept for meat. dogs usually not. they are used as guard dogs and sometimes as pets and friends, even here in thailand. and if they become a nuisance or are sick and old they are disposed of like that. this shows lack in ehtic and responsibility and the human nature.

So it looks like the dogs have a better life than the chickens and pigs then?

Most of the dogs that are rounded up are strays, and while i don't agree with stuffing them in cages and transporting them in the above manner, i am partial to a dog meat platter in my favourite restaurant in Saigon. It's quite tasty. It's a bit hypocritical for people who will quite happily chew on a chicken wing or wolf down a bacon sandwich to only suddenly grow a conscience when it's an animal they choose to keep as a pet (if you're a vegetarian then i don't necessarilly mean you, it's more of a general accusation).

Edited by John_Rambo