Farang Gets Ripped Off

dam_n!! Some of you guys sure go for the throat :o

OK ... so not everyone is hard-bitten. No need to be so ******* smug about it.

I'm sorry it happened to the guy. There but for the grace ...

Having said that ... praparation is number ONE when moving to 'foreign parts'. Get to know and UNDERSTAND the culture BEFORE commiting. And ... biggest mistake of all, don't transfer control of your life to the Bratwurst between your legs. It isn't known for its planning abilities.

I hope you come out of it with SOME satisfaction.

Best wishes

DIG

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL FARANGS PLEASE READ!!

I'm an American who has read and heard about the Thai girls and to not buy anything unless consulting a lawyer and wait a while first, like a year or more. Well I took a girl out of the bar and out of a rat infested box near Din Daeng and built a Big house in Wangnoi (near Ayuthaya) and now we are divorced and she and her family are claiming that I did not pay for anything and that it belongs to them. To make matters worse, she got pregnant with a Thai guys baby and said it was mine.

I would ask for input in how to get the land and house back and would like to bulldoze/ destroy this house and would like to get the media involved as well as sponsors to help me to destroy this place as money is not an issue but I would like to make an example that we can all share of BAD Thai women that take advantage of us Farang. :o

Well for what its worth heres my advice for any future "investors ", RENT , dont tell anyone how much money you have,IF you put anything in a thais name kiss it goodbye and consider it a gift, because they sure as he11 wil be,.property,loans, cars in thais names, we hear all the time of this being taken from the farang when in truth most have given it away,..

I would ask for input in how to get the land and house back and would like to bulldoze/ destroy this house and would like to get the media involved...

The first part is easy, just go and rent a bulldozer.

:D

Although money is no issue for the OP, I reckon this is a lot cheaper and easier, rather than renting a bulldozer... :D

Less rubble as well :o

post-13995-1203611085_thumb.jpg

LaoPo

I would ask for input in how to get the land and house back and would like to bulldoze/ destroy this house and would like to get the media involved...

The first part is easy, just go and rent a bulldozer.

Although money is no issue for the OP, I reckon this is a lot cheaper and easier, rather than renting a bulldozer... :D

Less rubble as well :o

post-13995-1203611085_thumb.jpg

LaoPo

Perhaps. But depending on how well built the building was, it might not be that easy to burn down. We had tenants leasing a restaurant from us in the 80's try to pull that one. They finally confessed in court (they were caught because we had the police inquire as to why they moved the Buddha statues out of the store the night before) to using something like a dozen cans of gasoline, it only took something like 45 days and less than a fifth of the insurance money to refurbish (all that happened was all of their equipment was ruined, much of the ceiling gypsum burned up, and all the walls were blackened... plain jane concrete can be pretty tough).

I'm an American who has read and heard about the Thai girls and to not buy anything unless consulting a lawyer and wait a while first, like a year or more. Well I took a girl out of the bar and out of a rat infested box near Din Daeng and built a Big house in Wangnoi (near Ayuthaya) and now we are divorced and she and her family are claiming that I did not pay for anything and that it belongs to them. To make matters worse, she got pregnant with a Thai guys baby and said it was mine.

I would ask for input in how to get the land and house back and would like to bulldoze/ destroy this house and would like to get the media involved as well as sponsors to help me to destroy this place as money is not an issue but I would like to make an example that we can all share of BAD Thai women that take advantage of us Farang. :o

If you're just trying to make an example with your goal of getting the house and property back just to destroy it, then you're being childish... If you want to set/make an example, go through the court system, if you win your case, then give the house to some charity... or someone less fortunate family that lives down the road.. Use that as your way to get the media involved..

If you really, really, want the media involved, then take the advice of some other posts, like burning down the house, or just bull dozer it down, you may get all the attention you don't want.

Besides the point, you have money and it's not an issue to you.. If you were a broke indiviidual, then more people might feel inclined to have sympathy for your situation.. I do feel for you, that you got screwed over, but not with your goal of just trying to get even..

Good Luck!!!!

For those with the smug witty replies stating what the OP SHOULD have done does not help him...its too late....troll or not where do you guys get off on the snide remarks.....nothing better to do in your perfect world?

Seems to me there are a lot of "Know it all Newbies" on TV right now.

Thats a shame

Edited by ThaiPauly

For those with the smug witty replies stating what the OP SHOULD have done does not help him...its too late....troll or not where do you guys get off on the snide remarks.....nothing better to do in your perfect world?

Seems to me there are a lot of "Know it all Newbies" on TV right now.

Thats a shame

So a newbie by definition knows very little of things thai due to the fact they havent made many posts - what an interesting view :o:D:D:D

being an american ,you can own 1 rai of land to build a home on ,so you should have been safer than most.......

This is the first that I have heard that an American can actually own one Rai of land to build a house on!

Is this accurate.Does any one know more about this, or even better has any one actualy done this?

Reading further, I know about the 40 Million investment for 5 years to qualify. Of course this makes it out of the question for almost every one.

Edited by philliphn

• 2 weeks later...
"I'm an American who has read and heard about the Thai girls and to not buy anything unless consulting a lawyer and wait a while first, like a year or more..."

I'm sure that the reason that you didn't form a company to buy a home to keep it in your name, was that someone told you that the government might take your home away from you. That has never happened to a farang. Ever. Instead you choose to put the house in your Gf's name which absolutely guarantees that you'll lose your home. Excellent.

I did form a company and the money was used from the company account to pay for the land and house. I know this will take a long time to get resolved and I appreciate everyones comments. Yes she will have a story to tell to protect her right to ownership as the the Thai court has issued us both 50% of the property. She has commited adultry and purgered herself in court as well as other issues including stealing items from the home without my permission, yes I did file a Police report and I will get police approval/protection before I bulldoze the place.

If you're just trying to make an example with your goal of getting the house and property back just to destroy it, then you're being childish... If you want to set/make an example, go through the court system, if you win your case, then give the house to some charity... or someone less fortunate family that lives down the road.. Use that as your way to get the media involved..

If you really, really, want the media involved, then take the advice of some other posts, like burning down the house, or just bull dozer it down, you may get all the attention you don't want.

Besides the point, you have money and it's not an issue to you.. If you were a broke indiviidual, then more people might feel inclined to have sympathy for your situation.. I do feel for you, that you got screwed over, but not with your goal of just trying to get even..

Good Luck!!!!

THE FACT IS, I AM BROKE AND SHE PUT ME IN THIS MESS.

I put almost all my money into this girl and her family and she and her mother took me to the cleaners. Yes I know that there are a lot of guys with similiar stories but my ex did in fact commit a crime and I am the good guy trying to recover my assetts. Yes a donation is a good idea. Please give me some positive ideas not negative, I've heard enough of that to last a lifetime.

Not all love stories here are rosy, some have happy ending :D and other encountered very bad feeling :o . Blame oneself for not taking local cultures and Thai mentality seriously before sinking in. Learn your lesson bite the bullets and keep moving. Bulldoze the property doesn’t make you look notable, seeking legal advise is the best ways, be prepare to face the long and winding route if you want to process. TIT.

Wish you all the best.

Good Luck!!!!

THE FACT IS, I AM BROKE AND SHE PUT ME IN THIS MESS.

I put almost all my money into this girl and her family and she and her mother took me to the cleaners. Yes I know that there are a lot of guys with similiar stories but my ex did in fact commit a crime and I am the good guy trying to recover my assetts. Yes a donation is a good idea. Please give me some positive ideas not negative, I've heard enough of that to last a lifetime.

Mate I hope everything works out for you.

That can happen to any of us I guess.

Good luck to you.

AND SHE PUT ME IN THIS MESS.

Well i think you might have got yourself in this mess a bit aswell.

I feel for you but as you said "I pulled her out of a bar and a rat infested etc."

White knights are horse manure to some girls.

fight legal

use illegal as a bluff

cover your own ass properly this time

chok dee

being an american ,you can own 1 rai of land to build a home on ,so you should have been safer than most.......

being an american does not confer this right.....I have never heard of any foreigner owning 1 rai of land for building a home....I have heard that at one time there was a law the made it theoretically possible but that the purchase required permission from the gov't and permission was never granted.

Chownah

Actually it does confer that right, He's speaking of the american Amnity agreement. I does allow americans ONLY to have a business here in thailand without the need for a lot of thai partners. This in turn allows you to own the land through your company.

Greg

Just walk away, it's only a house, why get stressed out about it, after all, you must be able to afford it or else you wouldn't have done it, right ?

Can't blame the girl, blame yourself if you couldn't afford it.

Replies like this are total nonsense... There is at least two farangs here in Surin who were successful in court against their former spouses. You should pursue your case as far as legally possible.

being an american does not confer this right.....I have never heard of any foreigner owning 1 rai of land for building a home....I have heard that at one time there was a law the made it theoretically possible but that the purchase required permission from the gov't and permission was never granted.

Chownah

Actually it does confer that right, He's speaking of the american Amnity agreement. I does allow americans ONLY to have a business here in thailand without the need for a lot of thai partners. This in turn allows you to own the land through your company.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure an Amnity company cannot own land :o

The bottom line is that a fool and his money are soon parted. Kind of harsh but unfortunately that is how it normally works out here in the Kingdom.

I have been here for a lot of years and have NEVER heard of the farang getting a fair split. I do know one guy who spent a couple years doing the legal battle. He actually did win and was awarded half. Four years later he had not collected a single baht. The only one to profit from his win was the high priced lawyer.

I love and trust my Thai wife, BUT, if things were to go bad, I would not waste any money or time trying to get anything back from what I bought her. The best way to protect yourself has been posted thousands of times. Don't spend more than you can afford to walk away from. Naturally I wouldn't want to walk away but I assure you that I wouldn't miss any meals and would still have a roof over my head.

dam_n!! Some of you guys sure go for the throat :o

OK ... so not everyone is hard-bitten. No need to be so ******* smug about it.

I'm sorry it happened to the guy. There but for the grace ...

Having said that ... praparation is number ONE when moving to 'foreign parts'. Get to know and UNDERSTAND the culture BEFORE commiting. And ... biggest mistake of all, don't transfer control of your life to the Bratwurst between your legs. It isn't known for its planning abilities.

I hope you come out of it with SOME satisfaction.

Best wishes

DIG

And the 'culture' here is .... dahdah dah DAHHHH! 'Thailand - Miles and Miles of Vertical Smiles!'

Where.Else.In.The.World.Would.You.Buy.A.Prostitute.A House? tosser

I would ask for input in how to get the land and house back and would like to bulldoze/ destroy this house and would like to get the media involved as well as sponsors to help me to destroy this place as money is not an issue but I would like to make an example that we can all share of BAD Thai women that take advantage of us Farang. :D

********************************************************************************

thanks for the heads up...... :D

just told wifey that the construction prodject is off..... :o

we are moving back to our rented room on kasean road tomorrow :D

ain't love grand.... :D

good luck to you whatever happens......

IF YOU ARE FOR REAL??????

Just walk away, it's only a house, why get stressed out about it, after all, you must be able to afford it or else you wouldn't have done it, right ?

Can't blame the girl, blame yourself if you couldn't afford it.

Replies like this are total nonsense... There is at least two farangs here in Surin who were successful in court against their former spouses. You should pursue your case as far as legally possible.

This is why it may be better to walk away.

Retired German Police Officer murdered in Banglamung.

Police Sub-Lieutenant Nitipoom from Banglamung Police Station was alerted to a suspected case of murder on Sunday Night involving a German National. He made his way, along with rescue workers to Soi Suksomboon in Nong Get Yai Village in Nong Pla Lai sub-district just before midnight and inspected the body of Mr. Heinrich Hermann Friedrich aged 63, a retired Police Officer from Germany. He was lying in the road next to his motorbike and initial inspections determined the victim had sustained four gun shots, one in his left temple, one in his back, another in his chest and the other bullet penetrated his left leg.

His current partner, Khun Nantha aged 25 soon arrived at the scene after being alerted to the shooting. She mentioned that she was the wife of the victim but explained that no official marriage papers had been signed. The pair had been together for 1 year 8 months and Mr. Freidrich was previously married to Khun Roongnapar aged 32, although this marriage appears not to have been officially registered as well. Khun Nantha explained that Mr. Freidrich had purchased the house he and his new partner were living in at a cost of 5 Million Baht. This house along with a car and motorbike were purchased in the name of Khun Roongnapar. The house was then leased to Mr. Freidrich for a period of 30 years. When the pair split, Khun Roongnapar initiated a civil lawsuit to recover her asset and remove Mr. Freidrich from the house. She subsequently lost the case and Mr. Freidrich was permitted by the court to remain in the house.

Back to the crime scene where Khun Nantha explained that Mr. Freidrich had gone to a local 7-Eleven Convenience Store to purchase some beer. This was confirmed by the presence of two bottles of beer in the tray of the bike and a receipt timed at 11.27pm from a local 7-Eleven Store. Witnesses mentioned hearing four shots and saw two men on a motorbike following the victim moments earlier who double-backed after the shooting and appeared to check the victim to ensure he was dead. No items were stolen suggesting this may have been a contracted killing. Police are now investigating this murder and at the moment are exploring all possibilities.

Both Mr. Freidrich's current and previous partners will assist Police in their enquiries and, based on witness accounts, photo-fits of both the alleged shooter and the driver of the bike that was following the victim moments before the shooting are being produced. The German Embassy in Bangkok is involved in the case and we are keeping a close eye on this story and expect further updates in the coming days.

25_06_3.jpg4425_06_3_2.jpg