Bamboo Sax

Gonzo the Face

The last time I saw him, he was a little past (coming from Moon Muang Road) the "By the Book" restaurant and book store which is a little past The UN Irish Pub and CM Saloon 2.

Thanks UG

Would you know if he still has any, or make any of the Bamboo Saxs for sale??

and maybe where I could send someone to get one ?

gonzo

The shop says, "Bamboo Sax". It looked like business as usual. Maybe PM anonymouse to check on it as he frequents the area?

I think he has gone from here as well, I believe it is now a bar called the U2.

I maybe wrong though and the shop is a bit further up, I'll let you know, I tend to switch off when I walk on Rajawiti as I'm there every day :o

Edited by anonymouse

Anybody know what happened to the Bamboo Sax Shop or owner.

Got a friend who is trying to get one and now I find that the shop is not at Thapae any longer.

Really must get out more.

Anybody know where they are sold these days?

Gonzo

There are/were two bamboo sax makers in Chiang Mai, both German: Deiter and Reinhard. Reinhard is still making them here in CM and if you PM me I can provide his phone number.

Here's Reinhard playing one of his creations.

2280449515_3c4b911dae_m.jpg

2280454651_52121fc581_m.jpg

Anybody know what happened to the Bamboo Sax Shop or owner.

Got a friend who is trying to get one and now I find that the shop is not at Thapae any longer.

Really must get out more.

Anybody know where they are sold these days?

Gonzo

There are/were two bamboo sax makers in Chiang Mai, both German: Deiter and Reinhard. Reinhard is still making them here in CM and if you PM me I can provide his phone number.

Here's Reinhard playing one of his creations.

2280449515_3c4b911dae_m.jpg

2280454651_52121fc581_m.jpg

Thanks for the info guys

Did just ride up and down the street only to find that they closed and moved about a couple months ago.

Sent a couple PM's and if you guys can get back to me, maybe we can move a sax for Reinhard .

Thanks

Gonzo

Deiter is my father-in-laws brother-in-law, he has two shops called "Bamboo Saxophone", the easiest to find is on the 2nd floor of the night bizaar building (nr the toilets), Chanklan Rd. He also has a web site HERE I have his number if you need it, just PM me.

Cheers.

I'm betting you got ahold of Reinhard by now, but just in case I have his phone # and email for you too if you PM me. I also know his shop is still there on Thapae just across from Wat Bupparam. There are a couple Wats there on Thapae, on the South side. Wat Buppharam is on your left as you go up the street with traffic, and it's also pretty much across from Soi 2. Either the Wat (with either spelling!) or the Soi, should be on yer map if you got one.