Siam Legal

Do sombody now about the Company Siam Legal?

They offer in there Hompage a Multiple O for UK/US/Australia/Swiss/German Citizens for around 200 US Dollar and they writing they do everithing for you they Apply the Visa for you in the Foreign Country.

1. Have somebody expirienc of this Company and this deal?

2. Is it Leagel waht they do?

3. Is it woerking?

Because if it is woerking you dont have to Travel home your own enymore.

It would be Interesting to now.

http://www.siam-legal.com/swiss-Citizens/s...sa-thailand.php

They offer in there Hompage a Multiple O for UK/US/Australia/Swiss/German Citizens for around 200 US Dollar and they writing they do everithing for you they Apply the Visa for you in the Foreign Country.

3. Is it woerking?

If you do this while you are in Thailand it is illegal.

Bear in mind that the quoted price is their fee and does not include the cost of the Visa.

3. Is it woerking?

If you do this while you are in Thailand it is illegal.

Bear in mind that the quoted price is their fee and does not include the cost of the Visa.

You are write the price is not with Visa Coast , but still you dont have to travel

I said I wouldn't bring them up again in another post, aw shucks, I guess I will. Worked for me but I did not do it from LOS. I filed while I was still at home. But, I can't speak of the legality of filing while inside the LOS.

GunnyD

200 British Pounds = 390-410 USD

Edited by gunnyd

To Nidge

How you did that or you are Married?

I am not Married

And have not so many Choises

From memory Nidge converted his tourist Visa or Visa Exempt stamp to a Non Imm O on route to getting a years extension.

He has a Thai wife and child .

As you do not and are under 50 years old you cannot do this. :o

Edited by Lite Beer

You must be physically located in the country in which you are applying for the Thai Visa, this is the policy of the Thai Embassy or Consulate who will process the visa application.

Note the policy of the Thai Consulate in Hull UK:

In all cases the applicant must be residing in the UK at the time of their application

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ac%20%20...Visa%20Pack.pdf

Siam Legal will verify the visa applicant's current location and purpose of stay in order to ensure they meet the requirements for Thai Visa processing. We will not process a visa application in which the person requests to post or mail the passport from Thailand to a Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas. The person who is applying must be in that country at the time of application.

If you have any specific questions about our visa services, we would be most happy to answer your enquiry.

Dennis Ramm

Managing Partner

http://www.siam-legal.com

You must be physically located in the country in which you are applying for the Thai Visa, this is the policy of the Thai Embassy or Consulate who will process the visa application.

This is the bone of contention.

Many members post that are getting Thai Visas from Hull while they are in Singapore or Malaysia. (Not Thailand)

One member even posted a statement from Hull stating that this was perfectly legal to do this.

Many members post that are getting Thai Visas from Hull while they are in Singapore or Malaysia. (Not Thailand)

One member even posted a statement from Hull stating that this was perfectly legal to do this.

Do not believe the Hull Consulate. It is unlawful. Check with Thai MFA.

I think the Hull Consulate, being a honorary consulate plays a little fast and loose with the rules. One thing being that they give out multi O's for visiting friends.

There is no law that states you have to be in the country of application.. Only a law that says you cannot be in Thailand at the time of application.

The Hull non imm O application pack states this clearly.

• 2 months later...

Isn't it nice to see that Thaivisa.com allows private businesses to solicit their members in the forums.

And isn't it nice to see Siam Legal taking advantage of everyone in a forum created to exchange ideas. Now I guess its a place where private businesses can prey on people.

Wouldn't it be great if a few of Siam Legals competitors could join in the fun. They would all try to sound like they were the smartest and had all the answers. Then they could fight amoung themselves to see who would win people over and get a new customer.

Trolling for vulnerable customers on a forum must be the lowest life form and shame on Thaivisa for allowing this just because they are collecting some advertsing money. Leave the advertising where it belongs.

Isn't it nice to see that Thaivisa.com allows private businesses to solicit their members in the forums.

And isn't it nice to see Siam Legal taking advantage of everyone in a forum created to exchange ideas. Now I guess its a place where private businesses can prey on people.

Wouldn't it be great if a few of Siam Legals competitors could join in the fun. They would all try to sound like they were the smartest and had all the answers. Then they could fight amoung themselves to see who would win people over and get a new customer.

Trolling for vulnerable customers on a forum must be the lowest life form and shame on Thaivisa for allowing this just because they are collecting some advertsing money. Leave the advertising where it belongs.

That is a terribly unfair characterization of the Siam Legal people.

Siam Legal and Sunbelt Asia are both sponsors of this forum. They both offer free advice on this forum and offer their services for those that would like assistance and do not feel comfortable with the DIY method. Sometimes I think that they offer so much advice that it probably hurts their business :o

Edited by jstumbo

How rude and what utter crap,

They are both sponsors of this forum and offer great advise for free here.

Btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll , You might care to read it before calling reputable Companies "Trolls" !

Btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll , You might care to read it before calling reputable Companies "Trolls" !

Troll as a verb is much different than Troll as a noun.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I think people knew what I meant, I just didnt want to take a post 'off topic'

Thanks

I was meaning that his use of the word "trolling" had nothing to do with someone being a "troll" on an internet forum. He could have also used, "looking" with the same meaning. He was just saying that they were "looking" for customers on this site, not that Siam Legal was a Troll, as you seem to have understood him to be saying.

Edited by jstumbo

For someone trying to settle in Thailand this forum sure gets your hopes up and down faster than a yo-yo

Yes posting your passport to Hull is legal as long as you are not in Thailand..

No you cant receive a passport from a country unless you reside in it...

Has anyone on this forum had personal experience of posting off their passports to various embassy's or Hull in particular while not being in that country?

I know when I first started my investigating into getting a visa it clearly stated on the website for Hull Embassy that it was ok to post your passport to them to get the visa.... so why does the Thai Embassy then not force them to change this statement on their web page in order to stop all confusion on the matter??

I sometimes get the fish bowl effect on this forum.... yes you have a lot of valuable information and I appreciate all the assistance I have received but their will always be one poster who claims the opposite - maybe just to jerk our chains or give us false hope but none the less it is very disheartening....

Yes you can post your passport and visa app to the Hull consulate.

No you should not be in Thailand at the time, This would be considered illegal.

Yes you can fly to lets say Malaysia for a 2 week holiday and post your passport to Hull and get your visa .

No you do not need an entry stamp into /out of the uk for Hull.

You would not be breaking any Thai laws by doing this.But I have no facts about the legality of not having your passport with you in another country.

Hope this helps some.

:o

In Malaysia as in Thailand, a foreigner is required to carry their passport I believe {Singapore & Hong Kong the same}, so one would be breaking the law in the country you are in. By the by the receipt issued by an embassy serves the same purpose from a legal perspective, so if one is asked to show ID the receipt acknowledges that a passport exists, that you therefore have entered the country legally but that at present it is not in your hands.

It should be noted that no consulate would post back to another country, so in the case of a consulate in the UK the address supplied and address for return by post would need to be one in the UK. If an application was made personally by 'an agent' then there would be a working assumption, see below, that the passport holder was in country, just not at the consulate itself.

I'm not so comfortable that an application by someone in, say, Malaysia, to, following the examples herein, the UK would not be guilty of infringing the regulations and could lead to a situation where since the individual had been in a foreign country breaking their law {passport and person separated} that said visa could be rescinded. In that case, I would wager, the consulate involved would simply say they were under the misapprehension that the applicant was, indeed, in country. Finally the paperwork asks for permanent address, and date of departure from the UK, which could be used, one suspects as proof of incorrect information being provided at submission. {How can one leave the UK if you aren't there?}.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

^ Which is meaningless, since the passport to which the visa is affixed would be the one at issue if the visa was called into question. Even if one managed by multiple passports to remain within the constraints of the country's law, the element of falsehood would still be there. If your sensible point had been that such an action would be remote, that at least would be logical, but the reality is that the enforcement of visa regulations here has become stricter and closer to the letter of the law {or more relevantly the Police Notice}. If an individual became the focus of interest then I would take the view that such an arrangement could be used against them.

Regards

PS Yes I've held multiple passports.

PPS The systems are now reconciling multiple passport holders when they are exposed to the immigration process, often without the holder being aware.

Edited by A_Traveller

...I know when I first started my investigating into getting a visa it clearly stated on the website for Hull Embassy that it was ok to post your passport to them to get the visa...

I remember hearing the story differently. Would you be so kind as to give a link to that specific web page of the web site of the Thai consulate in Hull? I am sure others would be interested in reading it, too.

--

Maestro