Light Box

elephantkungfu

I'll beat Blinky Bill to the punch.....How light is light and how heavy is too much? There are no answers here because no one knows what IN PARTICULAR you are referring to when you say light box. The topic does not say it all.And that is my imitation of a polished response from BB

I'll beat Blinky Bill to the punch.....How light is light and how heavy is too much? There are no answers here because no one knows what IN PARTICULAR you are referring to when you say light box. The topic does not say it all.And that is my imitation of a polished response from BB

I have a strong feeling that when spelled with a capital 'L' the Light box in question is the device used to preview slides. Others call it a Light Table. It's a light behind a diffuser panel. You put your photographic slides on top and the light below allows you to preview your images. When used together with a good quality loupe, it reduces the time needed to process large numbers of slides.

Thanks for the timely explanation . I really didn't know what it was but wasn't going to admit being naive in this regard.Plus feeling a little cocky this morning for reasons I'll never divulge. By the way you still have that guitar you don't care for?

Edited by bunta71

cheers kash.

yeah, the type of "light box" i was looking for was one for photography, so i could take good quality pictures of small objects without having a shadow etc...

i certainly wasn't looking for a box thats not particularly heavy. that would be an odd request.

oh... where is photobugs?

thanks mate

Thanks for the timely explanation . I really didn't know what it was but wasn't going to admit being naive in this regard.Plus feeling a little cocky this morning for reasons I'll never divulge. By the way you still have that guitar you don't care for?

I do still have it. It's a Washburn acoustic dreadnought D11-TR and I want to get rid of it. It includes a hard shell case.

.... make a reasonable offer and it's yours!

Edited by FolkGuitar

A Light box in photographic terms is a "box" surrounding a flash unit, normally with some white textile around and in front :-) You will find several models at Photobugs in CM.

Not to be rude, but I think you'll find the correct term for this is a 'Soft box' rather than a Light box. I sold several of those at my sale as well! I sold off a lot of studio equipment that I was no longer using; soft boxes, barn doors, booms, backgrounds, floods, stands, etc. I found that except for portraiture or nudes there were much easier ways to deal the lighting. Especially when shooting small objects such as statues, carvings, jewelery, and such.

Edited by FolkGuitar

LightTablePhoto.jpg

Quite correct FolkGuitar. This image is of a light box for photographic purposes. Light tables do the same thing only they are larger.

1128958343_250x250_image-5.jpeg

Soft boxes are designed to soften the high-contrast light from light sources to reduce harsh shadows and hot spots. As a result, these light modifiers help to create soft, natural-looking light on both people and objects.

Edited by Blinky Bill