90 Days To 1 Year Extension.....

I know that the immigration have to be your best friend, but for crying out loud, is there anybody who speaks English good in that establishment. Anyway, I was there today to get my 90 days stamp in my passport for my Non "O" visa (being married to a Thai wife) and I sure did not got a whole lot of the staff they told me there, so I turn my questions to you members. So one month before the expiration of the 90 days stamp in my passport, I have to go back to Immigration bereau and go to room 102.

1. What documents do I have to expect to present there?

2. What is the procedure for the one year extension? Do I have to leave the country border and come back for the one year extension?

3. Is there any fee I have to expect?- since I already paid them 2,000 Baht for the one year visa....

For all the other guys there.... One advise from me. When you go the Immigration bereau, do not forget to pick up your Thai wife as well, that will open all your doors for sure.

Regarding the process for the paperwork for the Non "O" marrige visa, here it is:

1. Get your single status certificate from your country, verified by the Voreign ministry of your country, that you are single. Of course that one have to be translated in English and verified by the Foreign misnistry.

2. Bring that certificate to your embassy here in Bangkok for another verification.

3. Then go the translation agency and get that certificate translated in Thai and verify it with the Thai agency. Let the translation agency take care of that, that will save you a lot of headaches.

4. With the single certificate, you can now :D go and get married. Of course before you leave from the marriage ceremony, do not forget to ask them for two copies of the marriage cetificate and one more paperwork required by the immigration. These dokuments are free and those guys in the agency know what's up.

5. Go to Bangkok Bank headquarters and open a savings account. The money can be transferred from overseas from you or other person, it does not matter. It also can be transferred from your wife account as well. This is just in case you have transferred the money from overseas into her account. Just make sure that she brings her account book with her, showing the transfers from you to her to the Immigration bereau. Then get the dokument from BKK bank, certifying that you have 400 K in Baht in your bank account.

6. Then you are read to hit the Immigration with all the paperwork. Do not forget 2 photos, 2,000 Baht for fees, copies from all your paperwork signed by you or your wife, one form TM 7 ( you can get that one at the Immigration bereau), and of course your wife :D . She will open all the doors for you, you will see....

7. The process takes 2- 2.5 weeks for processing your paperwork, so you better have some kinda of status during that time. You can either extend your toursit visa or apply for another one and so on. Each situation varies.

So now everyone should how to do it. It is not hard, it just too many small things can make your life living nightmare in this country. And one more thing, stick with your wife, otherwise you are scrued in advance :o

Cheers

Andy

1. During the last 30 days of your current 90 day stay (it can be the last week) you and wife fill out a tm.7 at cost of 1,900 baht and one current photo (if in Bangkok) and then proceed to the back room for extension interview with paperwork. You will need a bank letter within the week providing balance confirmation signed by branch manager. Passport and copies of pages including tm.6 and id card/copy of wife and home register/copy. Passbook of savings account in your name (or joint account) with proof of foreign transfer of funds and copies. Paperwork for employment/income/pension and copies. Probably work permit if employed here. All copies signed by person they apply to. Photos together at home are also likely to be requested.

2. You do the extension at immigration - any leaving of the country must be done with a re entry permit obtained first or you start from go. Number 1 is your one year extension application and will be the same each year. Wife must always come with you and answer questions/sign forms.

3. The 1,900 baht TM.7 fee plus fee for re entry permit if you plan any travel.

1. During the last 30 days of your current 90 day stay (it can be the last week) you and wife fill out a tm.7 at cost of 1,900 baht and one current photo (if in Bangkok) and then proceed to the back room for extension interview with paperwork. You will need a bank letter within the week providing balance confirmation signed by branch manager. Passport and copies of pages including tm.6 and id card/copy of wife and home register/copy. Passbook of savings account in your name (or joint account) with proof of foreign transfer of funds and copies. Paperwork for employment/income/pension and copies. Probably work permit if employed here. All copies signed by person they apply to. Photos together at home are also likely to be requested.

2. You do the extension at immigration - any leaving of the country must be done with a re entry permit obtained first or you start from go. Number 1 is your one year extension application and will be the same each year. Wife must always come with you and answer questions/sign forms.

3. The 1,900 baht TM.7 fee plus fee for re entry permit if you plan any travel.

I have already done that 2 weeks ago, once I applied for the Non "O" visa with my wife in the immigration office. Do I have to do that again in two months. Sounds to me like some people in the immigration do not have anything else to do, but ripping people off with all their bereaucracy. So is this something like double taxation :o

Andy

I have already done that 2 weeks ago, once I applied for the Non "O" visa with my wife in the immigration office. Do I have to do that again in two months. Sounds to me like some people in the immigration do not have anything else to do, but ripping people off with all their bereaucracy. So is this something like double taxation :o

Andy

Your post says you were at immigration today for a 90 day stamp (which can only assume was entry on your new visa class)? You then say return when within the last 30 days which will be for the process I outlined; but you claim you did that two weeks ago but you really applied for a change from tourist visa to O visa if I translate your post right.

My outline is what you will have to do to extend your stay. If you want to leave after the 90 day stay you will not have to pay again or even visit immigration. Up to you.