People's Alliance For Democracy To Renew Movement

sriracha john

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're all forgetting Mr Thaksin says he is completely innocent so he has nothing to fear.

BTW why did his brother-in-law, the Education minister, order school principals to send students to Wat Thammakai on the recent Wisakha Bucha day to listen to Mr Thaksin lament about his predicament? Usually the Education Minister accompanies a senior member of the Royal Family to Puttamonthon on that day.

Could this be a case of the patronage system that Jakrapob has been referring to?

nomoretalksin:

You must know that sunrise and thaigene don't intend to find some arguments, when you check all there postings you'll find out that they are most probably paid for posting here. They never answer any question, they never come with facts, they always come with exactly the same bs. If they would be foreigner, they would learn some facts, read about them somewhere. If they would be Thai people they would know some facts. But most probably they are Thaksins english "opinion-maker" department. Simillar to the lobbiests Thaksin hired in USA just they seem to be more a cheap local service.

Nope - no one is paying me anything. Now you guys on the other hand..You do indeed make me wonder..

As for "nomoretalksin" and your comment: "nothing against farmers, they are unbelievable mostly great people up there!" that's exactly the typical condascending rubbish spouted by your people, and I'd go further to suggest that it is your people who don't understand Thailand. You think the country is yours. You see them as something lesser than you. This is the root of the problem - and it is exactly why some guy like Thakisn can manipulate that for his own ends. Your people need to accept that all Thais have an equal say and an equal share in the country - something that so far the elites and middle urban classes, senior sivil servant dynasty familes simply aren't prepared to do. Blame yourselves for this mess and let the rest of us know when you are ready for real democracy and sharing the country with the other 90% ok?

2nd try also wrong (before I was a rich Thai Elite and you attacked me very rude) and now I didn't step any foot upcountry. Suprise, suprise, I life half the year upcountry, with and among the rural voters, with my extended Thai family. I guess it would shatter your "upcountry equal dream" if I would tell you what those people in our village and neighbour villages think of Thaksin (and some of their paid head of village bosses who try pressure the vote outcomes throughout the whole village), and they know very well that they were misused mostly by him and his cronies.

Did you ever read the real economy figures about rural economic growth, Income/per head upcountry etc? Growing depths, no education, only free hospitals with very lousy service (which I agree is better for some than expenise hospitals with good service as some basically can't afford it)? Only a view specific villages and towns got the "real" support from Thaskin (what I read and see). What he gave most, was dreams and hopes, this I must admit he did and still does very clever (but not honest). But real long-term help only for a view (OTOP might be a good idea from him) choosen ones.

He still keep's on telling us that he's helping the poor, by inviting Arab business men to bring cash in to buy rice productions under (again) thai proxy nominees, with the Thai workers, then having absolutely no more say at all? But in reality his now trying to invest his "unusual wealth" (as the AEC just pointed out again this week) neighour countries, like cambodia and Indonesia and of course hot topic in the UK; where maybe the people are not checking him so much as it might be here in Thailand (after what Thailand experienced with him).

I really don't know what is your goal Thaigene? Total anarchy where no political party can progress? You have to place your cards on one-side, oreelse our wonderful country will never progress (think also about nature and the fragile environment, which the TRT clan nearly 100% forgot) and the fighting in the right sustainable and environment friendly way, or else we will be sold out to all foreigners, and Thai people really then only have your so behatred elite (in the city) getting the big cash.

If corruption is to much in place, you will always have street demonstrations, this is the result of the previous corruption by to greedy politicians and not

the result of crazy mobs.

Think green, think sustainable economic growth with clever understanding & honest politicians & men (Korn, Abhisit, Surin, Surayud etc.) then Thailand can progress in the right, honest way (I hope). If you believe in no-one, than we can't progres, as you also don't seam to bring any solution at all. I prefer to put my cards on one side, than just life here, and support no-one. Of course it's your and also each ones choice, is this point you are right of course (in case you missunderstand some posters here).

---

sorry again my English is not your standard (be free to complain again)

nice day mate :o

Edited by nomoretalksin

You're all forgetting Mr Thaksin says he is completely innocent so he has nothing to fear.

BTW why did his brother-in-law, the Education minister, order school principals to send students to Wat Thammakai on the recent Wisakha Bucha day to listen to Mr Thaksin lament about his predicament? Usually the Education Minister accompanies a senior member of the Royal Family to Puttamonthon on that day.

Could this be a case of the patronage system that Jakrapob has been referring to?

Nice. I had missed this. So the Wat Thammakai cult's propoganda has more uses than just seperating aging women from their life's savings.

Maybe we should start a list of what could be cases of the patronage system that our fearless(sic) minister could be reffering to. Maybe his running cap in hand to Gen. Chavalit could be another example.

got translated that some southern groups are expressing their support for Sondhi and they told that they are ready to block the streets to the south in Chumphon again if necessary.

Maybe a sign of the next step, last time they did that as well.

got translated that some southern groups are expressing their support for Sondhi and they told that they are ready to block the streets to the south in Chumphon again if necessary.

Things are certainly escalalting on all sides, and we see the recall of the commander of First army troops from a trip to Europe too. And now we have Banharn rasing his head above the parapet to say he is worried. Something has got to give soon. Lets just hope the weekend demos are well and fairly policed, and that maybe a few sacrifices are made by both sides otherwise this is going in one direction and it isnt very nice.

Things are certainly escalalting on all sides, and we see the recall of the commander of First army troops from a trip to Europe too. And now we have Banharn rasing his head above the parapet to say he is worried. Something has got to give soon. Lets just hope the weekend demos are well and fairly policed, and that maybe a few sacrifices are made by both sides otherwise this is going in one direction and it isnt very nice.

Well there is nothing what can harm the government in a short time. Samak seems to try to simply ignore it.

I recall last time we didn't pay tax for 3 or month as many companies didn't pay tax anymore (if Thaksin does not pay tax we don't pay tax) and revenue department told "No Problem".

so it can be month without real danger, if everyone keep calm.

I don't trust the police much, after reading from 1992. My wife told "If the police make problems, the army will protect us". I wouldn't count on that.

TOC

Pro Democracy Group Files Charges against Sondhi Limthongkul

UPDATE : 29 May 2008

A representative of a pro-democracy group has filed charges against Sondhi Limthongkul, one of the core People’s Alliance for Democracy leaders. He alleges that Sondhi’s speeches which were made at the PAD rally are misrepresenting and could lead to a military coup.

Somyos Prueksakasemsuk, a representative of a pro-democracy group, has filed charges against People’s Alliance for Democracy key leader Sondhi Limthongkul. The group has accused Sondhi of using force to incite chaos in the society and to encourage the public to break the laws. If he’s found guilty, Sondhi could face a jail term of up to seven years.

Together with his allegations, Somyos has submitted to the police a transcript of the speech Sondhi made last Sunday as evidence. He claims Sondhi’s speech is misleading and is aimed at provoking a military coup similar to what happened after the PAD’s first round of street protest which many believe played a key role in bringing about the September 2006 coup.

Somyos was a member of the Labor Alliance for Democracy which had protested against the PAD movement.

One of the people who accompanied Somyos to the police station was wearing a t-shirt with the much debated phrase printed on it. The shirt displays a screened message saying "Not standing up is not a crime; having a different point of view is no crime." Anti-coup activist Chotisak Onsueng was also seen wearing the same t-shirt. He and a female companion were verbally attacked after they refused to stand up for the Royal anthem at a Bangkok cinema late last year.

TOC

A representative of a pro-democracy group has filed charges against Sondhi Limthongkul, one of the core People’s Alliance for Democracy leaders. He alleges that Sondhi’s speeches which were made at the PAD rally are misrepresenting and could lead to a military coup.

Somyos Prueksakasemsuk, a representative of a pro-democracy group, has filed charges against People’s Alliance for Democracy key leader Sondhi Limthongkul. The group has accused Sondhi of using force to incite chaos in the society and to encourage the public to break the laws. If he’s found guilty, Sondhi could face a jail term of up to seven years.

Together with his allegations, Somyos has submitted to the police a transcript of the speech Sondhi made last Sunday as evidence. He claims Sondhi’s speech is misleading and is aimed at provoking a military coup similar to what happened after the PAD’s first round of street protest which many believe played a key role in bringing about the September 2006 coup.

Somyos was a member of the Labor Alliance for Democracy which had protested against the PAD movement.

One of the people who accompanied Somyos to the police station was wearing a t-shirt with the much debated phrase printed on it. The shirt displays a screened message saying "Not standing up is not a crime; having a different point of view is no crime." Anti-coup activist Chotisak Onsueng was also seen wearing the same t-shirt. He and a female companion were verbally attacked after they refused to stand up for the Royal anthem at a Bangkok cinema late last year.

Quite interesting to see someone who wants to see greater freedom of speech file a police complaint to limit th efreedom of speech of someone he doesnt agree with. Now what was that quote: "I might not agree with what you are saying but I'll defend you right to say it" ? It seems hypocricy reigns rather than any true belief in freedom of speech right now in Thailand.

the Education minister, order school principals to send students to Wat Thammakai on the recent Wisakha Bucha day to listen to Mr Thaksin lament about his predicament

Can school principals force students to go to religious functions on a school holiday?

If students don't are there consequences?

Interesting to know TRT supports Thammakai which IMO is a religious cult :o

TOC

Quite interesting to see someone who wants to see greater freedom of speech file a police complaint to limit th efreedom of speech of someone he doesnt agree with. Now what was that quote: "I might not agree with what you are saying but I'll defend you right to say it" ? It seems hypocricy reigns rather than any true belief in freedom of speech right now in Thailand.

Thats the usual problem.

"We want free speech, as long as it is our opinion"

the Education minister, order school principals to send students to Wat Thammakai on the recent Wisakha Bucha day to listen to Mr Thaksin lament about his predicament

Can school principals force students to go to religious functions on a school holiday?

If students don't are there consequences?

Interesting to know TRT supports Thammakai which IMO is a religious cult :o

Agree Thammakai is a cult and some of its practices are decidely un-Buddhist imho. However, it has its own super-temple, TV station and is expert at marketing and PR and is quite deft at playing politcs too. No surprise it is linked to TRT and has been for some time. At a cost of 39 million baht of tax payers money, Thaksin even used the super temple for a politcal speech to government administrtors in what had been arranged as a tribute to HM the King shortly before the coup in 2006. Thammakai is also and not surprisingly an incredibly rich sect. They once distributed plastic bags with: "Get rich quick, get really rich, all become rich". There are also many other whacky and in some cases seemingly insane claims by the sect as well as a nice line of merchandise for devotees.

Here is a piece on TRT and Thammakai by an ex-long term monk: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/27...on_30014752.php

Edited by hammered

just saw on ASTV a bigger group (got told 200) monks (not the Chamlong one, real orange ones) come to .........(can't recall the english word for what monks do usually).

But don't know if they'll join.

For tomorrow they expect hugh amounts of people from the provinces. Only from Chumphon they expect 5.000 people. With some luck they get again the hugh masses.....

Great, now we have the monks involved and how sensitive people are about it, what we have here is a ticking time bomb :o

monks is good to avoid violence! If police or the human trash from the other side hurt one monk than the government is history.

Anyway it does not look good for Samak....

Police indicate PAD rally may be ended forcefully

Police are compiling complaints of people affected by street protests of the People's Alliance for Democracy on the daily basis to consider whether police need to use force to break up the rallies, the spokesman of the Metropolitan Police Bureau said.

Pol Maj Gen Surapol Thuanthong, deputy commissioner and spokesman of the bureau, said police were compiling complaints of the affected people for making a final decision.

He said police were investigating the issues after receiving complaints such as allegations that the PAD rallies caused people to be late for work and pupils late for school.

A lot of people also complained they had to spend more on bus fares because they had to change buses instead of taking just one bus and many people in the areas also complained that they could not sleep.

Surapol disclosed about police investigations when asked whether police would force to break up the rallies.

The Nation

TOC

Interior Minister Warns PAD Rally about Possible Bomb Attack

Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobumroong

The interior minister warns people against joining the People's Alliance for Democracy mass gathering on Friday, saying he has received a report about a possible bomb attack targeting the rally.

Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung says he has received news about a possible bomb attack, aimed at the People's Alliance for Democracy group. He urges the public not to join the PAD's mass-gathering on Friday.

Chalerm says the public should keep an eye on news reports on the rally but should not join the group. He says the government has no plan to forcefully dissolve the PAD gathering and it is allowing the police to provide security for the rally-goers.

Meanwhile, Defense Ministry Spokesperson, Lieutenant General Paradon Pattanathabut, reveals that the prime minister has confirmed his decision not to use the bill on national security to control the PAD rally. The Defense Ministry spokesperson says the prime minister will continue to allow the police to execute the security policy.

Paradon discharges a rumor that the Defense Ministry has ordered its soldier force to provide security for the PAD rally.

I am speechless :o

Police indicate PAD rally may be ended forcefully

Police are compiling complaints of people affected by street protests of the People's Alliance for Democracy on the daily basis to consider whether police need to use force to break up the rallies, the spokesman of the Metropolitan Police Bureau said.

Pol Maj Gen Surapol Thuanthong, deputy commissioner and spokesman of the bureau, said police were compiling complaints of the affected people for making a final decision.

He said police were investigating the issues after receiving complaints such as allegations that the PAD rallies caused people to be late for work and pupils late for school.

A lot of people also complained they had to spend more on bus fares because they had to change buses instead of taking just one bus and many people in the areas also complained that they could not sleep.

Surapol disclosed about police investigations when asked whether police would force to break up the rallies.

The Nation

If the PAD do not resort to violence, the police will have some explainign to do if they break the rally up. As most have said, as long as they remain peaceful they have a right to demonstrate. Even under the Junta demonstrations were allowed and they were a lot more unruly than these ones. Even after the Prem riot other demonstrations were allowed. It will be a black day for Thailand if an elected government resorts to what a military installed one did not.

If we except a bunch of rogue states, most governments world wide do not like demonstrations against them but do accept that it is part of the democratic system and that it is also the governments duty to even provide protection to demonstrators.

Edited to add: What with Chalerms bomb rumour combined with this threat of police action, it is maybe more aimed at keeping people away through fear. One wonders if the police will ring Bangkok and set up roadblocks on inter provincial highways to turn back buses as they did under Thaksin, interestingly to a degree far greater than the Junta did to stop pro-T demonstrations.

Things are hotting up.

Edited by hammered

:o I would say above from "hammered" is the quote of day! Exactly! They have a good mandate and the very best reason to demonstrate. What will happen with Thailand if we all should just swallow elections (with fraud elections) and then keep our mouth shut, if the ruling party, misuses their position and duty? Especially with a dear leader, who happens to lie over and over again, that his not involved in politics, but actually and in reality is and remains the true PM and head of state (with political power) in this country?? In Europe you would have the half of country on the streets, if any government there would try to do the same. Plus this Banana Republic waste of money, with a yes a no election (with not further full explanation what the yes would be - What's the benefit for the voters of this selfish act?). :D Edited by nomoretalksin

[quote name='hammered' date='2008-05-29 17:41:23' post='200

......the police will ring Bangkok and set up roadblocks on inter provincial highways to turn back buses as they did under Thaksin, interestingly to a degree far greater than the Junta did to stop pro-T demonstrations.

Things are hotting up.

Perhaps you should make it clearer the above is just your opinion.My subjective opinion, based on a great deal of visual evidence, is precisely the opposite.I expect most people familiar with what the junta was up to in the North and North East by way of blocking travel to Bangkok will share my opinion.

from TOC

PAD Reveals Tear Gas to Be Used to Disperse PAD Rally

Chamlong Srimuang

The People's Alliance for Democracy says the police are prepared to use tear gas to dissolve its gathering. However, PAD activists insist they will continue to rally against the government.

People's Alliance for Democracy Leader Chamlong Srimuang states regarding the PAD's rally against the Constitution amendment by the People Power Party-led government that the PAD still hopes the government will look into solving the national economic crisis that is generating problems for the people and stop its charter rewrite attempt.

Chamlong states that if reconciliation is to occur, Supreme Army Commander General Boonsarng Niempradit should side with the PAD as they are not guilty of wrongdoing.

Chamlong says the PAD rally will continue if the group feels the political situation calls for it. He says the police had a plan to dissolve the PAD rally against the People Power Party-led government earlier, with official police documents issued on May 27th to clear the PAD rally with tear gas.

However, Chamlong says that the PAD activists are not worried and the team will continue to rally against the government.

I think the government want to dissolve it before the masses come tomorrow. But they don't really know how to do it without causing more problems.

YH. Hi. Long time.

Sure I'll clarify it is my opinion based on visual evidence too from routes North to Bangkok, not the Isaan. However, we shouldnt miss the point that any attempt to interfere with the right of people to demonstrate peacefully is wrong whether it is by one or one hundred raodblocks or by any government or government agency. I am sure we can agree on that.

YH. Hi. Long time.

Sure I'll clarify it is my opinion based on visual evidence too from routes North to Bangkok, not the Isaan. However, we shouldnt miss the point that any attempt to interfere with the right of people to demonstrate peacefully is wrong whether it is by one or one hundred raodblocks or by any government or government agency. I am sure we can agree on that.

Is history repeating itself? The last coup happened just before forest rangers (with rifles) were to attack a PAD rally. Now there are bomb threats?

Edited by KireB

from TOC

Chamlong Srimuang

The People's Alliance for Democracy says the police are prepared to use tear gas to dissolve its gathering. However, PAD activists insist they will continue to rally against the government.

Tear gas is nothing. Chalerm has said that he has information of a possible bombing at upcoming PAD's demonstrations. Violence is expected.

from TOC

Chamlong Srimuang

Tear gas is nothing. Chalerm has said that he has information of a possible bombing at upcoming PAD's demonstrations. Violence is expected.

I hope that Chalerm only told that to scare people so they don't go there. there is a lot security i don't think someone can bomb easily.

I hope that Chalerm only told that to scare people so they don't go there. there is a lot security i don't think someone can bomb easily.

Well with Chalerm you never know, do you. I mean, who would want to bomb the PAD rally?

And why?

Because of all the payed goons, hired drunks, and heavily sponsored caravans of the 'poor', we are actually made to believe there's a pro-Thaksin or anti-PAD side. How clever of the government.

Well with Chalerm you never know, do you. I mean, who would want to bomb the PAD rally?

And why?

Because of all the payed goons, hired drunks, and heavily sponsored caravans of the 'poor', we are actually made to believe there's a pro-Thaksin or anti-PAD side. How clever of the government.

Well with that payed guys you can't bomb, they are to silly and drunk to bomb. Of course there are enough who have a reason. How much money did they cost Thaksin and his cronies already? Alone over 1 year not filling the pockets, they 70 billions which are frozen. A lot reasons.

I think Thaksin regret that he didn't let Sondhi killed years ago.